Nothing you wear is more important than a smile. Of course, a smile is the best ornament you can wear. Your smile will give you a positive countenance that will make people feel comfortable around you.
But what if your ornament gets diseased. They get embarrassed over discomfort. Some people cannot even smile due to their gum disease. Now you are wondering what gum disease is? Read on as we tell you how to treat gum disease as well.
What is gum disease?
Gum disease is an infection of the tissue that supports and surrounds your teeth. Gum disease occurs by stick deposit on teeth where bacteria proliferate. When the condition goes worse, it causes gingivitis. Are you wondering on how to treat gum disease? Then check out these natural remedies to treat gum disease.
What causes gum disease?
It caused due to several factors. Here are a few causes listed below.
- Improper flossing and brushing
- Inflammation on the gums
- Plaque on your teeth
- Malnutrition and vitamin deficiency
- Plaque turning into tartar
- Chewing tobacco
What are the different gum disease symptoms?
Here are a few noticeable symptoms and signs of gum diseases listed below.
- Puffy and red gums
- Bad breath
- Receding and tender gums
- Gums Bleed easily when floss or brush
- Mild inflammation of the gums
- Plaque build-up
- Swollen gums
- Losing or shifting of teeth
What are the different gum disease stages?
If the plaque not gets removed through proper flushing and flossing, then it paves the way for gum disease. There are three stages of gum disease
- Advanced periodontitis
[Read: Home Remedies Periodontitis]
Incredible natural remedies on how to treat gum disease?
There are many natural and home remedies on how to treat gum disease. Here are a few beneficial and effective natural methods to treat gum disease.
How to Treat Gum Disease?
Figs are rich in minerals and vital vitamins. They contain manganese, potassium, magnesium, iron, and copper. They act effectively in restoring vitamins and minerals in teeth thus strengthening the gums and teeth.
How to use?
- Take to 2-3 fresh figs
- Cut into slices
- Chew the figs slowly after consuming meals
- You can do this every day
Benefits of figs:
Are going nuts on how to treat gum disease with foods? Then figs are the foods that are used to strengthen the gums and cavities. They are another way of cleaning teeth. They increase the secretion of saliva by stimulating salivary glands. They help to clean the teeth and to remove plaque build-up. Eventually, it relieves you from periodontal gum disease.
Always make sure to use fresh figs and wash it thoroughly before use as it can contain dirt over it.
Foods to eat:
These natural foods contain potassium and calcium that are essential for the strengthening of gums and teeth. Intake and adding into your daily diet are necessary.
- Green leafy vegetables
- Spinach, kale, and collards.
- Oranges and other citrus fruits
- Eggs, nuts, beans
- Green tea
- Celery, carrots, and apples
Foods to avoid:
These foods tend the aggravate the condition even worse.
- Deep fried foods
- Sweetened beverages (soda)
- Yeast processed foods
- Red meat
- White bread and pastries
- Processed meat
Always make sure that you use fresh vegetables and fruits. It is because rotten fruits and veggies can contain bacteria and germs that can aggravate the condition seriously.
How to use?
- Add turmeric in a lukewarm water
- Make it as a turmeric gel
- Brush your teeth without toothpaste
- Apply the turmeric gel to your gums
- Leave it for 10-20 minutes
- Swish the water around your mouth
- Spit the water out that contains turmeric gel
- Repeat twice a day for good results
Benefits of turmeric:
Turmeric is rich in anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. It has all the healing properties on reddening of gums and swollen gums. It can remove plaque and acts well on reversing gum disease and black gum disease.
How to use?
- Cut the cloves into tiny pieces
- Add it in a lukewarm water
- Dip a damp cotton ball or cotton swab into the lukewarm water containing cloves
- Now rub the clove covered cotton ball onto your gums gently for about 10minutes
- Leave aside for 5minutes and rinse it with water
- Spit the clove water out
- Do it thrice a week for best results for reversing gum disease
Benefits of cloves:
Clove indeed has many dental benefits. It reduces the swollen gums and reduces the inflammation of the gums and gingivitis. Clove is effective against the harmful bacteria that cause plaque and gingivitis. It is very much active on advanced gum disease.
How to use?
- Take 3-4 drops of bloodroot sanguinaria extract
- Take a cup of lukewarm water
- Add the bloodroot extract to the lukewarm water
- Wash your mouth with this by gargling
- Do it 2-4 times per week for good results for severe gum disease
Benefits of sanguinaria extract:
Sanguinaria extract (bloodroot) is a common ingredient in toothpaste. Sanguinaria toothpaste is the best toothpaste for gum disease gingivitis. You can also use it as gum disease mouthwash by adding the bloodroots in the lukewarm water and gargling. It contains an antimicrobial agent and proves to be safe for essential use on how to treat gum disease. It reduces gum disease pain.
Make sure that the water is warm and not too hot to burn yourself.
3. Essential Oils
Tea tree oil
How to use?
- Add 2-3 drops of tea tree essential oil in a cup of lukewarm water
- Swish the solution in your mouth for 30 seconds
- Spit it out
- You can also add it to the toothpaste when brushing your teeth
- Do it twice a day for good results
Benefits of tea tree oil:
Tea tree oil is a very potent remedy for how to treat gum disease. Surprised! Don’t be, as tea tree oil is an incredibly effective natural remedy for healing plaque and gingivitis by fighting off infectious microbes. You can reverse it at the early stage since the connective tissue, and the bone which holds the teeth are not affected by treating with tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic on early gum disease.
Always use tea tree oils and other essential oils by mixing with a carrier oil like coconut oil. Direct contact with skin or mouth can cause inflammation or irritation.
4. Home Remedies
Baking soda and Aloe Vera
How to use?
- Take 2-3 teaspoon of baking soda
- Have 1-2 teaspoon of Aloe Vera
- Have a cup of water
- Take ten drops of lemon essential oil
- Four teaspoons of vegetable glycerine
- Mix it in the bowl of lukewarm water
- Scrub your teeth with this mixture daily
Benefits of baking soda:
If you are thinking on how to treat gum disease(1) with home remedies, then baking soda is the best remedy. Baking soda exerts an antibacterial effect on gingivitis and soothes gums and teeth. It helps to whiten the teeth. Baking soda restores pH balance, and salt has antimicrobial properties. It acts wondrously on diabetes gum disease and pyorrhea gum disease.
5. Natural Treatments
Coconut oil pulling
How to use?
- Put 3-5 teaspoons of coconut oil into your mouth
- Swish the oil for about 10-20mintues
- Ensure that the oil doesn’t touch the back of your throat
- Spit the oil after the time is over
- Gargle your mouth with lukewarm water
- Spit the water out
- Brush your teeth
- Do it regularly for better results on severe gum disease pain
Benefits of coconut oil pulling:
How to treat gum disease due to oil pulling is a very frequently searched question. When it comes to all-natural ingredients which can benefit every part of your body, coconut oil is the best of it. As an added benefit, your mouth and teeth will look and feel healthier from daily treatment with coconut oil. It has an incredible effect on early gum disease when treated early.
As discussed above, gum disease is curable but only if you precisely follow remedies. While pursuing these remedies, make sure you keep all the precautions in mind because one mistake can make the condition even worst.
The natural and home remedies on how to treat gum disease are discussed and are wondrously beneficial and leave no side effects on the teeth and gums. It is not a big deal to remove plaques and gum disease from the teeth and gums if you follow these natural cures regularly. However, if inflammation and allergies persist and become more painful over the time, make sure to consult with a physician.