The concept of skin detoxification has been confusing over a period of time. A lot of environmental factors, hormonal changes, weather changes can affect your skin, and one way to help your skin is following a good skincare routine. It is not limited to topical products. You can include the right kind of foods in your diet!
It is possible to revitalize your skin with a skin detox, only when done the right way! It can help flush out toxins, remove dead skin, and fender a lively skin.
How Does Detoxifying Skin Help?
A detox for skin doesn’t just hint at working on the surface of the skin; it works on the inside as well. It basically includes cleansing, toning, and moisturizing your skin(1).
It has several benefits that include:
- It helps skin appear better and results in glowing skin. A clear skin detox diet would require you to stay away from junk, fried food, and dairy products.
- It rejuvenates the skin and removes toxins from the skin.
- A skin detox exfoliates the skin and removes blackheads, spots, blemishes, and improves the skin tone.
- A skin detox diet(2) hydrates the skin and provides the body with the necessary nutrients that benefit overall skin health.
- It tightens the skin and makes it firm, making you look younger.
- It helps even out skin pigmentation and also reduces premature aging of the skin.
We often resort to commercially products to help boost skin health, but these products often fail to do the intended!
[Read: Goat Milk Soap for Your Skin]
Why Are Products Harmful?
- Most of the commercially sold skin detox products that claim to detoxify skin fail to do what’s promised. No doubt, the masks, and facial kits are loaded with chemicals that make your skin feel smoother and cleaner, but they don’t actually remove toxins from your skin.
- People with sensitive skin are often susceptible to skin rashes and allergy. Commercially sold detoxification products could further aggravate this condition in people with sensitive skin.
A good skincare routine is an amalgamation of healthy eating habits(3) and lifestyle. Skincare Routine You Must Follow
Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells from the face or body surface
Dead skin cells’ build-up can reduce the effectiveness of any skincare products you use, lead to breakouts, and even dull your entire complexion. Factors like aging and oiliness can slow the process of the natural exfoliation process.
You can physically exfoliate your scene to remove the dead skin.
[Read: Tea Tree oil for Acne]
2. Cleansing The Skin
Our skin is the barrier that protects us against infections. Making this barrier strong is the key. Cleanse your face using a cleanser and make it a mandatory part of your skincare regime. This helps to remove all the dirt and damage caused by pollutants throughout the day.
Take a cleanser, dab it on a cotton and wipe. Use it to wipe off the dust and grime from your face.
The next step is toning and moisturizing your skin. It is a vital part of the cleansing process. It removes any left oil, dust, and tiny hidden particles on your skin. It tightens pores, soothes, nourishes, and hydrates skin.
Moisturizing calms down the skin and leaves it soft and nourished.
[Read: Sweet Almond Oil For Face]
The benefits of using sunscreen are underestimated. It not only protects you against the harmful rays of the sun but also protects your skin from environmental damage.
Choose a sunscreen with SPF 30 with broader spectrum protection.
5. Antioxidants and Retinoids
Antioxidants help boost the effectiveness of sunscreen and protect us against free radicals that break down collagen and elastin.
Retinoids make the skin firmer.
6. Right Diet
Studies suggest that vegans have fewer skin problems.
Research states that diet plays a vital role in skin conditions like acne and blemishes. In general, avoid having fast food and fried food if you want better skin.
Avoid carbonated drinks, sugary juice that can have a damaging effect on the skin.
7. Drink More Water
Have you tried “Detox water for weight loss and clear skin?” Well, then, you must! Consume more of detox water for clear skin. Take a jar of water, add some chopped lime, and mint leaves to it.
Drink it every day. This detox drink flushes out toxins from the body and leaves you with a healthy gut and better skin. It is rightly said – “What you eat can be seen.” So drink well for healthy-looking skin.
For a perfect skin detox, keep your vitamin and antioxidant intake intact. Eat healthy food and opt for wiser food alternatives. Additionally, follow the above-mentioned regime and keep your skin well-moisturized.
1. How Much Water Should I Drink for Clear Skin?
The recommended intake for adults is eight glasses of water or 2 liters of water every day.
2. How to Detox Skin From Inside Out?
The first step is to eat healthy food and drink adequate detoxifying water. Secondly, you must follow a skincare routine that includes CTM- Cleaning Toning and Moisturizing.