What is Shea Butter? Well, although the name has butter, it has nothing to do with dairy. It gets the name butter due to its white, creamy consistency. It has a beautiful aroma to it and is almost edible. Shea butter for skin works like a charm because of its anti-microbial nature and its richness in Vitamins. Shea butter is a very common ingredient in most face creams, but it works best when used in its pure form.
Having said this, If you need just one product for your skin, Shea butter would be the answer.
Did You Know!
Shea Butter Benefits for the Skin
Following are some of the unbeatable benefits of Shea butter.
- You can use Shea butter for skin lightening. If you are suffering from pigmentations or dark circles. Take a bit of Shea butter on your palm and gently apply it like a moisturizer to your face. Regular use can help whiten the skin.
- Is sensitive skin or Acne troubling you? Use Shea butter for oily skin and watch how quickly the pimples and acne scars disappear. Shea butter is very rich in Vitamin A, E, and K and gives your skin the required nutrients. Its anti-oxidant properties regulate proper cellular health and help in treating oily skin.
- Shea butter can cure stretch marks. Its moisturizing properties keep your skin soft and supple. Pregnant women should use Shea butter during pregnancy to avoid those stretch marks.
- If you use Shea butter for cracked heels. Yes! Shea butter treats cracked heels like no other cream.
- Fix your eczema with Shea butter. Eczema is a condition that might need medical intervention. Research says that Shea butter can treat and reduce symptoms of eczema. The unique properties of Shea make it worth a shot.
- You can use Shea butter to fix chapped lips. So, now you can flaunt your smiles more often.
- Dry skin no more! Our sebaceous glands produce the same moisturizing agent that Shea butter has. Shea butter for dry skin is recommended because it is rich in Vitamin E.
- Shea butter has a calming nature on the skin. It is known to treat mosquito and insect bites
- Shea butter also prevents premature aging of the skin. Vitamin A and E keep your skin hydrated, soft, and supple. It promotes cell renewal and leaves you with healthy skin.
- Shea butter for skin also works very well for diaper rashes. Its medicinal properties make it safe for babies.
[Also Read: Best Foods for Dry Skin]
How to Use Shea Butter for Healthy Skin?
There is plenty of Shea butter uses for skin, but to utilize it, you must know how to use it the right way. Here are the best Shea butter recipes for skin.
1. Shea Butter and Coconut Oil
Things you’ll need: 2 tbsp Shea butter and 2 tsp coconut oil.
Method: Take a clean bowl and mix these well and apply it to your face, or cracked heels or use it as a hand cream. It keeps your skin moisturized and exudes a good fragrance as well.
2. Shea Butter and Vitamin E
We all know how essential Vitamin E (1)is for the skin. Make a combination of Shea butter and Vitamin E to have glowing, healthy skin.
The thing you’ll need: Shea butter and Vitamin E capsule.
Method: Take Shea butter in a bowl and add a vitamin E capsule to it. Gentle mix it to blend them well. Store it in an airtight container and use it on the face, hands as and when you need.
3. Shea Butter Body Cream
Things you will need: Shea Butter, ½ cup coconut oil,1/2 cup almond oil.
Method: In a double boiler, melt Shea butter and coconut oil. Once it cools down, add almond oil to it. Freeze it for 15 minutes until it starts to solidify. Once it does, use a whisker or blender, and blend it to a creamy and thick consistency. Store it in an airtight container and use it as a nourishing body cream.
[Read: Shea Butter for Acne]
4. Shea Butter Body Wash
Things you’ll need: ½ cup Shea butter, 1/2 cup Sunflower oil, 1 cup Castile soap and a pump dispenser.
Method: Melt Shea butter in a double boiler until it melts. Mix it with castile soap and sunflower oil and pour it in the pump dispenser. Do not shake the pump as this could cause bubbles.
You wouldn’t want to use harmful chemicals on your skin when Shea butter has all solutions for your skin. When you buy Shea butter, procure the raw/original form of Shea butter. But if you get a pungent, acidic smell, discard it.
Shea butter has a shelf-life of two years. Thus, it lasts longer than any other creams!
1. Can I Use Shea Butter for Skin Every Day?
Yes. It is safe to use Shea butter for your skin every day. Use it as a moisturizer, cream, or lotion for healthy skin.
2. How Can I Use Shea Butter for Skin?
You can use Shea butter for healthy skin by applying it as a cream. You can also modify it by mixing with other carrier oil or ingredients depending upon the nature and requirements of your skin.