Shea butter has a smooth, creamy texture. Shea butter has multiple uses. It can be used to treat dry skin, eczema, mosquito bites, scar removal, etc..
Our facial skin is very delicate and sensitive. This requires us to be careful about choosing products for the same.
Shea butter is the best option you could consider for your face. Shea butter is rich in vitamins and is also known to be anti-inflammatory. It has no side effects and is affordable and can be used with easy procedures at the convenience of your home.
This is How Shea Butter Benefits Your Face:
Shea butter is known to have many benefits. Some of the remarkable benefits for the face include
- Shea butter moisturizes your face. The fat has emollient and humectant properties. It keeps skin hydrated by locking the moisture. So, now use Shea butter for face and say goodbye to dry skin
- Shea butter treats acne and acne scars. Its anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties help fight acne. It also reduces the scars and pigmentation on the face.
- Using Shea butter daily prevents aging of the skin as well.
- Shea butter treats itchy skin. Whether caused by an insect bite or change in weather, Shea butter can treat it all.
- If you’re aging and worried about the elasticity of the skin, start using Shea butter daily.
- Shea butter also reduces rashes and redness after threading or waxing on the face.
There are plenty of Shea butter available in stores, but the best Shea butter for face is the pure or raw form. It is usually green or yellow.
Best Shea Butter Recipes for Face
Listed below are a few Shea butter recipes for the face, for instance, Shea Butter and Honey Shea Butter and Coconut oil for face, etc. Read on to know how to use them the right way.
[Also Read: Natural Ways to Get Rid of Face Fat]
1. Shea Butter and Coconut oil for Face
Method – Melt Shea butter and coconut oil(1) by mixing them in a jar and putting the jar in a pot of boiling water. Once it starts to solidify, whisk till it becomes creamy. Apply this on your face and let it dry. Then wash with clean water.
2. Shea Butter and Honey
Method – Take 1 tbsp of honey, 1 tbsp of Shea butter and five drops of any carrier oil like coconut oil, rosemary oil or grapeseed oil(2).
Mix the ingredients well and apply it all over your face. Keep for 15 minutes and then rinse it off. You can repeat this every day.
3. Shea Butter + Honey + Salicylic Acid
Method – Melt Shea butter (100ml) and mix with honey (100 ml), 1tbsp walnut butter and add 1 tbsp of salicylic acid to it. Apply on your face, excluding your eyes.
Leave for half an hour and rinse with warm water. Pat your face with a clean towel and let it dry.
[Also Read: Benefits of Using Honey for Face]
4. Shea Butter and Quail Eggs
This is a great face mask to reduce wrinkles.
Method – Rub cottage cheese about 15 gms with two quail eggs. Add Shea butter to this mixture and apply evenly on your clean face. After 15 minutes, wipe your face with a wet towel.
5. Shea Butter + Essential Oil of Oregano
Method – For this recipe, you’ll need four gms of Shea butter, two ripe apricots, and essential oil of oregano. Don’t peel the apricot but rub with a stone to get a mixture. Add warm butter and oregano oil in it. Apply this mixture on the face and leave it for over an hour. Wash your face with warm water.
6. Shea Butter + Yogurt
Method – Mix 2 tbsp Shea butter with 2 tbsp yogurt. Add a Vitamin E capsule to it. Apply the mixture to let it rest for 15 minutes on your face. Wash your face and pat dry with a clean towel.
This mask closes skin pores, tones your skin, and leaves you with a glowing face.
Many women vouch for Shea butter for their face. Using Shea butter for your skin will save you from spending enormous amounts of money on cosmetic products. Shea butter is a natural ingredient and comes with no harmful effects. Use it every day and make it a part of your bedtime routine to wake up to a soft, supple skin in the morning.
[Also Read: Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits for Face ]
1. Can I Use Shea Butter to Face Every Day?
Yes. Shea butter can be used every day as a moisturizer or mixed with other ingredients depending on your requirements and preferences.
2. Will Shea Butter Clog Pores?
Shea Butter has a remarkable 0 on the comedogenic scale, suggesting that it doesn’t clog pores. It is luxurious yet, it does not clog the pores. You can melt Shea Butter mix it with your favorite essential oil or with another face oil to temper it.