Imagine, what if someone adds fungi to your food? How will you react? What will be your answer to this act? But what if, this fungus comes out to be tasty? Yes, Reishi mushrooms are delicious. You can add them to any food item to gain their health benefits. If you need an energy boost or a dose of medicine, then try a cup of steamed reishi mushrooms instead of toxic medicines and drugs.Read on to find out more about reishi mushroom benefits for health and beauty.
What is Reishi Mushroom?
Reishi mushroom is a type of fungi that is replete with a host of health benefits. Reishi mushroom has been an essential part of the cuisine since times immemorial owing to its strong medicinal values.
The reishi mushrooms possess an excellent combination of sterols, alkaloids, triterpenes, and several polysaccharides that make it incredibly beneficial for health and the natural treatment of ailments.
Reishi Mushroom Nutrition Profile
Reishi mushroom is rich in:
- It is also rich in minerals like zinc, potassium, and copper and contains a high amount of dietary fiber.
Reishi Mushroom Benefits List
- Prevention and cure of cancer
- Detoxification of blood
- Improvement in cognition and mental prowess
- Prevention and cure for inflammatory diseases
- Natural treatment of respiratory issues
- Preservation of cardiac health
- Boosting body energy and immunity, and more
Top 5 Remarkable Reishi Mushroom Benefits for Health and Beauty
1. Aids in the prevention of cancer
It has been revealed by medical research that the consumption of reishi mushroom extract benefits the cure of cancer by the neutralization of the cancerous cells in the body. Organic Reishi mushroom extract comes with phytochemical compounds that are potent antioxidants. These antioxidants fight against oxidative stress and protect the body against cancer caused by toxic free radicals.
Prescribed consumption of reishi mushroom tea or reishi mushroom coffee can promote apoptosis or cell death of cancerous cells and prevent metastasis or the spreading of cancer. Consumption of reishi mushroom tincture can also aid in the shrinking of tumors.
2. Cures Inflammatory diseases
Consumption of dried reishi mushroom benefits the natural treatment of inflammatory diseases by controlling the inflammatory response of the body. Dried Reishi mushroom benefits have phytonutrients that are potent antioxidants. These antioxidants fight against oxidative stress and heal inflammatory diseases like rheumatism, intestinal inflammation and more.
3. Enhances body immunity
Consumption of reishi mushroom benefits the immune system by playing a significant immuno-modulating role. The mushroom deactivates and stimulates a few specific parts of the immune system and controls sudden lapses in immunity. The high levels of organic phytochemicals help in the fortification of the immune system by strengthening the immune cells.
4. Relief from allergies
It has been revealed by extensive clinical research and surveying that the consumption of dried reishi mushroom benefits the natural treatment of allergies.
The mushroom works by the inhibition of the secretion of histamine from the mast cells of the body. In the absence of the main trigger of allergies that is histamine, the body can curb its allergic response.
5. Maintains healthy digestive system?
Red Reishi mushroom benefits the health of the digestive system. It is rich in dietary fiber content which helps in the regulation of bowel movement and prevents constipation, stomach flu, bloating, cramp, and irritable bowel movement.
Drinking red reishi mushroom tea can also aid in the cure of nausea, acid, and vomiting. It makes it highly beneficial for tackling morning sickness during pregnancy. However, do consult your gynecologist before taking reishi mushrooms during pregnancy.
Reishi Mushroom Recipes
1. Reishi Mushroom Tea
- Two cups of water
- Two teaspoons of crushed bits of dried reishi mushroom
- One tablespoon of organic reishi mushroom extract
- One teaspoon of honey
- Mix the bits of dried reishi mushroom benefits with the mushroom extract and place a tablespoon of the mixture into a pot
- Pour the water into the pot
- Boil the contents of the pot for at least 2 hours
- Let the infusion simmer down in another half an hour
- Add the honey to the reishi mushroom infusion while it simmers down with gentle stirring
- Serve hot with breakfast
2. Tangy Reishi Mushroom Curry
- 10-15 reishi mushrooms sliced in halves
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes
- Three cloves of raw garlic chopped into pieces
- One inch of raw ginger chopped into pieces
- One onion evenly diced
- One boiled potato
- Two green chilies
- Two teaspoons of soy sauce
- One teaspoon of peanut butter
- One teaspoon of spices for taste
- One teaspoon of powdered turmeric
- One teaspoon of powdered coriander
- Two tablespoons of tomato sauce
- One teaspoon of fresh cream
- One teaspoon of salt
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Mix the garlic with soy sauce in a bowl. Add the mushroom slices to the mixture and keep this aside
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan and sauté the garlic cloves, ginger, and onion in it until they turn golden brown
- Grind the tomatoes, potatoes, chilies, and peanut butter together by using a food blender to make a paste
- Add the paste to the ginger, garlic, and onion in the frying pan and continue cooking for another couple of minutes. Add a little water to adjust the consistency
- Add some more peanut butter along with the spices, salt, and tomato sauce to the frying pan
- Add the reishi mushroom slices to the frying pan with more stirring and cooking
- Cook until the mushroom becomes tender and well-cooked
- Garnish the dish with chopped coriander and a dollop of fresh cream and serve hot with bread or rice
3. Reishi Mushroom Stew
- 50 grams of butter
- Two cloves of raw garlic
- 40 grams of chopped dried reishi mushrooms
- 500ml of vegetable broth
- One teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of powdered black pepper
- One dollop of fresh cream
- Two tablespoons of chopped parsley
- Take the butter in the frying pan and sauté the garlic in it. Add the chopped dried reishi mushrooms to the pan after about 5-7 minutes
- Take the vegetable broth in a pot and season it with black pepper and salt. Let the broth simmer for about 10-15 minutes
- Turn off the flame and let the stew cool down for a few minutes. Pour the soup into a food processor and blend it until it attains a creamy texture
- Add the garlic and mushrooms to the creamy soup and stir well for about 5-10 minutes
- Garnish the soup with freshly chopped parsley and a dollop of fresh cream and serve hot
Reishi Mushroom Side Effects
Reishi mushroom gets associated with the following side effects.
- Consumption of powdered red reishi mushroom can cause liver toxicity and other hepatic troubles
- Consumption of reishi mushroom extract can cause dryness of the throat, mouth, itchiness, and inflammation in the nasal passage, stomach flu, nausea, and nosebleeds
- Topical application of the reishi mushroom extract on the skin and scalp can trigger skin allergies, rashes, hives, and peeling of skin
- Reishi mushroom can cause complications like miscarriage during pregnancy
- High reishi mushroom dosage can cause bleeding disorders. It is also responsible for exposing people to the risks of thrombocytopenia which is a bleeding disorder characterized by the abnormal clotting of blood
Reishi mushroom benefits have potent antioxidants that protect the body against oxidative stress and variety of different ailments. Drinking reishi mushroom tea or having a cup of steamed reishi mushrooms for lunch is an excellent way of staying healthy, fit, and gorgeous.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the safe reishi mushroom dosage for an adult?
The safe dosage of reishi mushroom is 1-1.5 grams in powdered form.
2. How to prepare the organic reishi mushroom tincture?
Fill a pint jar with broken bits of organic Reishi mushrooms. Add 3 cups of undiluted alcohol to the mushroom pieces in the pot and set the pot aside for about a couple of weeks. Strain out the liquid after two weeks. Your organic reishi mushroom tincture is ready to be used.
3. Is instant reishi mushroom tea bags or instant reishi mushroom coffee available?
Yes, instant mixes of reishi mushroom tea and coffee are available in local supermarkets and online stores.