Losing the excess body weight is now more fun and delicious too, thanks to the weight loss recipes. Shedding the body weight gradually and steadily is guaranteed to make you shed about 1-2 pounds almost every week. Weight loss is not a strict routine but a healthy lifestyle that mandates daily physical exercise and regular eating habits.
Nearly 25.6% of the citizens of the US lead a sedentary lifestyle, and almost 31.3% of them suffer from obesity. About 48% of Americans firmly believe that diet is the key to weight loss. However, the food has to be coupled with daily exercise for healthy loss of body weight. Check out the easy weight loss recipes that work effectively.
Weight loss can be again too! Dubai hosts weight-loss contests, where participants win a gram of gold for every 1kg lost during the bodyweight program.
Type 2 diabetes can be cured with weight loss and daily exercise.
Cayenne, jalapenos, and habaneros can preserve cardiac health and promote weight loss.
Recipes For Weight Loss
1. Ready-to-eat berry parfaits
Berry and yogurt parfait is one of the perfect dessert recipes for weight loss. Berries contain phytonutrients that help in the burning and elimination of excess fats from the body. You can eat berry and yogurt parfait every day to reduce cholesterol and triglycerides and get rid of abdominal fats.
Yogurt is not only good for weight loss but is also an antidote for obesity. Plain, unsweetened, Greek yogurt helps in burning fat without adding on to the calories in the body.
Berry parfait is simple to make and delicious. Check out the quick and easy recipe right here.
- For the ingredients, you need two cups of fresh or frozen berries, a quart of plain Greek yogurt, and a tablespoon of honey.
- Add the honey and yogurt in a bowl and set it aside. Take a tall glass and put a few tablespoons of berries in it. Layer it with two tablespoons of yogurt. Add another layer of berries and follow that with two tablespoons of yogurt. Continue making the layers until the glass is full.
- Refrigerate the berry and yogurt parfait. Serve it chilled and sprinkled with chopped berries.
2. Cauliflower and Kale Frittata
Cauliflower and kale frittata is exactly what you need to shed the extra pounds and stay full and satiated at the same time.
- Cauliflower is rich in nutrients and low in calories. It contains dietary fiber which is essential for the regulation of bowel movements.
- Eating cauliflower can decrease the intake of calories and curb the appetite as well.
- It promotes digestive health and fights against inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Kale has high water content and low calorific value which is an excellent combination for weight loss.
- The low energy density of fresh and crispy kale contributes significantly to weight loss and good health.
[Read: Simple Ways to Boost Weight Loss]
Recipe for Cauliflower and kale frittata
Cauliflower and kale frittata recipe is pretty easy, although the list of ingredients might seem a tad bit overwhelming.
You require two cups of cauliflower florets, two tablespoons of olive oil, a sliced onion, one-fourth a cup of water, four cups of chopped kale, three cloves of garlic finely minced, a teaspoon of fresh thyme, half a teaspoon of salt, eight eggs, half a teaspoon of paprika, and half a cup of cheese.
- Preheat the cooker and position the oven rack. Heat the oil and stir in the onion slices.
- Add water and cauliflower to the pot and cover it. Cook for a few minutes and add the garlic, kale, thyme, salt, pepper, and paprika. Keep broiling for a few more minutes until the veggies become tender.
- Whisk the eggs with spices and add the vegetables to it. Heat the egg mixture along with cheese in the pan.
- Cover the pan and cook until the edge gets set and the base turns golden brown.
- Transfer the contents to the oven and grill the frittata for a couple of minutes. Serve it warm and crisp.
3. No-bake Vegan Chocolate tart
Dark chocolate(1) is incredibly beneficial for weight loss. It is rich in fiber, iron, zinc, magnesium, and manganese. The high amount of bioflavonoids in dark chocolate can ward off cardiovascular diseases by stabilizing blood pressure and lowering the level of cholesterol. Eating dark chocolate tart can curb the appetite, control cravings, and facilitate weight loss.
No-bake vegan chocolate tart contains a mixture of berries, coconut oil, and avocado, which are excellent for weight loss. Berries contain dietary fiber which controls smooth bowel movement. Coconut oil contains essential fatty acids that protect the heart and curb the appetite. Avocado helps to burn belly fat, trim visceral fat, and control the appetite as well.
Recipe to make No-bake Vegan Chocolate tart
The no-bake chocolate tart is vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, and delicious. It is one of the quick weight-loss recipes that is everyone’s favorite. Check out the recipe right here.
You need eight ounces of almonds, a pinch of salt, one-fourth a cup of cocoa powder, and nine ounces of pitted dates for the crust of the tart. For the filling of the tart, you need two avocados, half a cup of maple syrup, a teaspoon of vanilla essence, one-fourth a cup of cocoa powder, a pinch of salt, and fresh or frozen berries for the topping.
- Blend all the ingredients of the crust in the blender.
- Spread the blended mixture evenly on the pan. Once done, refrigerate the crust and prepare the filling in the meantime.
- Blend the ingredients of the filling in the food processor.
- Use the spatula to fill the tart crust. Chill the tart and garnish it with berries. Slice the tart and serve.
[Read: Superfoods For Weight Loss]
4. Nicoise salad
Nicoise salad is one of the most savory low calories recipes for weight loss. It is a French recipe that exudes an exciting blend of flavors. Relish the delicate taste and accelerate your weight loss routine right from today. Nicoise salad comprises of tuna fish, eggs, green beans, olives, tomatoes, and vinaigrette. It is packed with proteins, fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals which contributes to health and weight loss.
Tuna is high in protein content and low in fats and calories. If you seek to develop a chiseled physique along with losing the excess weight, then increase your intake of lean fishes like tuna. Eggs contain a high amount of protein and are excellent for increasing the rate of metabolism. The vegetables are high in fiber. A plate of Nicoise salad every day can help you much with weight loss.
5. Nicoise Salad Recipe
The recipe is pretty straightforward. Simply toss and stir the ingredients. Check it out here.
You need half a pound of cooked green beans, one-fourth a cup of olive oil, ahead of fresh lettuce, six ripe plum tomatoes, half a cup of olives, four hard-boiled eggs, two cans of tuna fish, two teaspoons of mustard, a cup of minced shallot, salt and pepper, and four teaspoons of red-wine vinegar.
Whisk the vinegar, mustard, oil, and minced shallot, and keep it aside. Stir in the tuna fish and combine everything.
Divide the lettuce head into four salad bowls. Top the lettuce with the tuna fish mixture, eggs, green beans, olives, and tomatoes. Season the salad with pepper and salt and serve it immediately.
1. How Can I Lose Weight in 6-10 Days?
Here are a few things that you need to do to shed the excess weight in about 6-10 days.
- Drink plenty of water
- Take a brisk walk after every meal
- Eat foods that are rich in fiber
- Reduce the amount of salt intake
- Run and do push-ups to lose weight
2. Are 800 Calories Safe for Regular Consumption?
The regular consumption of 800 calories may not provide you with the amount of energy that you need. Consult a health supervisor and dietitian to ensure weight loss healthily.
3. Will I Lose Weight Quickly If I Don’t Eat for Three Days?
It is time to bust the myths like starving for days and so on are unhealthy trends that make you physically weak and fatigued.