Peyronie’s disease might not be harmful, but nobody wants to live with a stubborn genital organ that refuses to stand tall at the time of need. But don’t fear. Read on to find out more about the disease, its causes, symptoms, cures and about the different ways of Peyronie’s Disease home treatment.
How To Get Rid Of Peyronie’s Disease
What is Peyronie’s Disease?
Peyronie’s Disease(1) is a type of erectile dysfunction which is characterized by the abnormal bending of the penis in a curved direction which makes the position of erection very painful to maintain. The affliction of the disease gets marked by the development of the fibrous scar tissues in the deep penile tissues. Peyronie’s Disease usually affects men between the ages of 40 to60 years and above. The curvature of the penis occurs along with the Dupuytren contracture.
What are the different Peyronie’s disease causes?
The primary Peyronie’s causes are as follows.
- Physiological causes
- Abnormality of the functioning of the blood vessels in the penis caused by hypertension
- High blood sugar
- Fluctuation in hormonal levels
- Advancing age
- Hyperactivity of the thyroid gland
- Kidney problems
- Injurious damage to the spinal cord and penis
- Alcoholism and smoking
- Obesity and excessive gain in body weight
- Deficiency of nutrients in the diet
- Drugs and medicines used in the treatment of prostate cancer
- Abnormal enlargement of the prostate gland
- Fracture of the penis caused by accident
What are the different Peyronie’s disease symptoms?
Some of the symptoms of Peyronie’s Disease include
- The appearance of scar tissue underneath the skin of the penis
- Painful bending of the penis during erection and penetration
- Tenderness of the penis around the scar tissue
- Pain in the genital area
- Narrowing of the width of the penis
- Problems with penetration
- Shortening of the length of the penis during erection
[Read: Sexual Problems in Male]
Home Remedies for Peyronie’s Disease
Drinking pineapple smoothie or plain pineapple juice can help in the natural alleviation of swelling and lumps in the penis caused by Peyronie’s Disease. It is one of the best Peyronie’s disease home treatments.
How to use it?
- Chop a fresh and juicy pineapple into cubes. Blend a cup of pineapple cubes into juice by using a fruit juicer or blender
- Blend the pineapple cubed chunks, a cup of pineapple juice, 1/2 a cup of plain yogurt,1/4th of a cup of water, two tablespoons of honey and 2-3 crushed ice cubes in a juicer blender
- Blend the contents until the mixture becomes frothy and smooth
- Pour it out into a glass and drink it cooled
Benefits of using pineapple
Pineapple contains a combination of enzymes known as bromelain that which stimulates the enzyme collagenase to disintegrate the collagen in the scar tissue formed in the penis affected with Peyronie’s Disease. It helps in the natural cure of swelling and formation of lumps and scar tissue in the penis and thus aids in the treatment of Peyronie’s Disease.
[Read: Treat Blue Balls Effectively]
The mixture of almonds and milk makes for an excellent tonic for the treatment of a curved penis during mild Peyronie’s Disease.
How to use it?
- Crush and grind a handful of raw almonds into a fine powder and add 4-5 tablespoons of it to a glass of warm milk. Stir well to prepare a creamy almond milkshake.
- Drink it twice a day on a daily basis for the cure of bending of the penis during erection
Benefits of using almonds and milk
Almond-milk mixture is an incredibly effective aphrodisiac. Almonds are richly packed vitamin E that aids in healthy blood and promote regular flow to the penis. Eating almonds that a steeped with minerals like copper, manganese, and zinc, can cut down on stress and anxiety and there by providing relief from mental issues associated with Peyronie’s Disease.
Make sure that the almonds are fresh and organic.
Foods to Eat and Avoid
Below are the list of foods to eat and avoid to treat Peyronie’s Disease
|Foods to Eat||Foods to Avoid|
|Fresh fruits and vegetables||Alcohol|
|Milk and yogurt||Sodas|
[Read: Natural Remedies for ED]
2. Herbal Treatments
One of the best herbs for the natural treatment of Peyronie’s Disease traction and plaque is the Gotu Kola herb which is an ancient remedy for the cure of pain during penis erection.
How to use it?
- Put a cup of plain water to boil in a saucepan
- Add a tablespoon of fresh, dried, and crushed leaves of the Gotu Kola herb in hot water
- Take the saucepan off the flame after about 7-10 minutes of boiling
- Let the tea simmer down and then strain it out
- Add a teaspoon of honey to the tea and then drink it while it’s hot
- Do this twice or thrice a day to cure Peyronie’s Disease traction and plaque
- Alternatively, you can also use the Gotu Kola herb in the form of tinctures, capsules, and ointments of dosage as recommended by the physician
Benefits of using Gotu kola herb
The administration of the Gotu Kola herb is an ancient Asian remedy for the curving of the penis, and painful erection felt in Peyronie’s Disease. Consumption of the tea or topical application of the ointment of Gotu kola can delay the development of fibrous scar tissues on the penis and aid in the natural alleviation of pain, swelling, lumps, and redness of the affected region.
Do not exceed the prescribed dosage of the herb and consult a physician before taking the herbal supplement.
3. Essential Oils
Ylang-ylang essential oil(2) is a powerful natural remedy for Peyronie’s Disease . It can also get used for the cure of Peyronie’s Disease cancer.
How to use it?
- Blend a teaspoon of ylang-ylang essential oil with a tablespoon of olive oil
- Smear it all over your penis and genital region and massage your penis gently with the oil mixture
- Do this twice or thrice a day for Peyronie’s Disease home treatment
Benefits of using ylang-ylang essential oil
Massaging the penis and genital region aids in the enhancement of blood circulation and blood flow to the penis. Ylang-ylang essential oil is an exceptionally effective aphrodisiac that helps to combat impotence and cure pain and curvature of the penis that occurs during Peyronie’s Disease.
Conduct a patch test with ylang ylang essential oil to test the sensitivity of the skin to it.
4. Home Remedies
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most effective home remedies of Peyronie’s Disease in the penis.
How to use it?
- Blend half a cup of raw apple cider vinegar with a cup of warm water to prepare a diluted apple cider vinegar solution
- Drink the solution twice or thrice a day on a daily basis for the cure of pain during penis erection
Benefits of using apple cider vinegar
Drinking diluted apple cider vinegar solution on a daily basis helps in the natural cure of Peyronie’s Disease. Apple cider vinegar works by reducing the size of Peyronie’s Disease plaque and reducing the pain and curvature of the penis.
Dilute the apple cider vinegar before drinking it.
[Read: Benefits of ACV]
5. Natural Treatments
Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese remedy for the natural treatment of mild Peyronie’s disease.
How to use it?
- Acupuncture consists of the insertion of thin needles in the abdominal wall
Benefits of acupuncture treatment
Acupuncture helps in the establishment of a healthy flow of blood and energy to the penis. It aids in the alleviation of pain, swelling, and the development of scar tissue in the penis.
Do not try this at home on your own. Expert professionals can only administer acupuncture.
How to prevent Peyronie’s Disease?
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Exercise on a daily basis to stay flexible and fit
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day
- Abstain from having multiple sexual partners
Natural Cure For Peyronie’s Disease: Key Takeaway
Follow through with the methods of Peyronie’s Disease home treatment for the natural cure of penile curvature and pain. Keep the prevention tips in mind to protect your genital organ against the disease.
1. How long does it take to cure Peyronie’s disease?
In most cases, Peyronie’s disease gets cured on its own with time. However, doctors suggest a waiting period of 1-2 years before they can correct it. Mild cases however, rarely need any treatment.
2. Does Vitamin E help Peyronie’s disease?
Yes, Vitamin E is the most common solution to treat Peyronie’s disease. However, consulting a doctor for the dosage is recommended before taking it.
3. Does stretching really help Peyronies?
Penile is effective and recommended therapy to treat Peyronies. However, there is not enough research on how effective it is.