Kidney stones may seem dangerous but are most certainly not. It is effortless to get rid of the stones with the administration of home remedies like drinking refreshing lemon juice for kidney stones. Kidney stones are quite common. The number of people suffering from kidney stones in the US increased from 3.8% to 8.8% in the 2000s. The increase has been noted in both men and women of different races. But did you know that all that you need is a tall glass of honeyed lemon juice to pass them out and get back to the pink of health?
Read on to find out more about how to use lemon juice for kidney stones and their symptoms.
Lemon juice for Kidney Stones
Why Does Lemon Juice Work?
Lemon juice works wonders for the inhibition and expulsion of kidney stones. If you have kidney stones, then start having diluted lemon juice every day to get rid of the pain and kidney stones as well.
- Lemon juice contains citric acid, which works to inhibit the formation of calcium stones and helps in breaking them down as well.
- Drinking lemon juice helps to increase the level of acidity of urine, which works to inhibit the buildup of calcium and prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- Lemon juice is very low in the level of oxalates, which helps in preventing the growth of pre-existing kidney stones.
- Lemon juice is antiseptic, which is helpful for the prevention of bacterial infection in the renal system.
- Drinking lemon juice with water throughout the day helps to stay hydrated. Staying hydrated is one of the most straightforward cures of kidney stones.
[Also Read: Benefits of Lemon Water]
How Does Lemon Juice Work?
Lemon juice is highly beneficial for the elimination of kidney stones from the body. It contains antioxidants, vitamins, and citric acid, which work together to eliminate the kidney stones and preserve the overall health of the body. Here are a few ways to drink lemon juice for kidney stones and all of its symptoms.
1. Lemonade for Kidney Stones
- Blend a cup of concentrated and freshly pressed lemon juice with 1-2 liters of pure water.
- Drink the juice throughout the day.
- Rinse your mouth with plain water to get rid of the acidity as that can ruin the sensitive enamel of the teeth.
- Do not add any sugar to the lemonade. You can add raw honey instead if you wish to sweeten the taste of lemonade.
2. Lemon Juice and Olive Oil for Kidney Stones
- Blend half a cup each of concentrated and freshly extracted lemon juice and virgin olive oil. Olive oil eases the process of expulsion of kidney stones.
- Drink the mixture in every couple of hours throughout the day. Drink plenty of water as well to make sure the kidney stones get expelled with minimum pain.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon Juice for Kidney Stones
- Add the freshly pressed juice of half a slice of lemon to half a cup of water. Stir well to prepare a solution.
- Add a tablespoon of raw and undiluted apple cider vinegar to the solution and stir again.
- Drink the solution along with plenty of water in every hour to control and prevent the formation of kidney stones.
[Also Read: Apple Cider Vinegar for Kidney Stone ]
Effect of Diet on Kidney Stones
Lemon water for kidney stone is not the sole remedy. Drinking lemon juice is only a part of the diet that is essential for the prevention and cure of kidney stones. Here are a few changes that you need to implement in your diet to get rid of the tiny stones from the kidneys.
- Decrease the level of salt intake or try to switch to potassium salt for the cure of kidney stones.
- Eat a limited or small serving of fish and meat for the prevention and natural treatment of kidney stones.
- Increase the intake of water and fluids in such a way that you can excrete 1.5-2 liters of urine per day for extra benefits in the alleviation of pain and burning sensation of kidney stones.
Kidney stones may be painful, but the cure is sweet, refreshing, and delicious. Indeed, drinking lemon juice for kidney stones is excellent for the natural treatment of the pain, blood in urine, and other symptoms of the problem. Drink lemon juice and plenty of water throughout the day to recover from the health problem and lead a safe and happy life.
[Also Read: Essential Oils For Kidney Stones]
1. Why Do Kidney Stones Occur?
Some of the leading causes of kidney stones are genetics, persistent dehydration, obesity, subsistence on a diet high in sodium, protein, and sugar, and underlying health complications.
2. How to Prevent Kidney Stones?
Drink plenty of water and natural fruit juices to prevent the formation of kidney stones.
3. What Are the Other Treatments for Kidney Stones?
You try home remedies like drinking cranberry juice, basil juice, celery juice, kidney bean soup, etc., for the prevention and cure of kidney stones.
4. Is Lemonade Good for Kidney Stones?
Drinking lemonade is the right way for the dissolution and expulsion of kidney stones.
5. How to Dissolve Kidney Stones with Lemon Juice?
Lemon juice contains citric acid, which helps in the breakdown and dissolution of kidney stones.
6. Does Lemon Juice Help Kidney Stones?
The consumption of fresh and crisp lemon juice, which contains citric acid is useful for getting rid of kidney stones.