Has your baby got swollen red rashes near the mouth or the nose? Are there blisters too? It might be that your kid has contracted Impetigo, a bacterial infection . No, you don’t need to fret about it, but learn some simple remedies for how to treat Impetigo. Here are listed some of the safest cures that address the infection and its symptoms quickly.
Before going into details, Have a look at the table of content.
Impetigo Home Treatment
Impetigo blisters are itchy and painful especially those of ecthyma(1). Unfortunately, these are contagious too. But you do not need to stress out much as the infection heals over time by employing the correct treatment. If you wish to accelerate the healing of impetigo in children as well as adults, then try the natural remedies for how to treat impetigo, this helps cure the infection fast. (2)
1. Foods that can help cure Impetigo
How to treat Impetigo fast with garlic?
Garlic is the wonder remedy for curing the infectious impetigo rash. It can help treat the infection from inside as well as outside. So what are you waiting for? Grab some garlic cloves from your kitchen and learn how to cure impetigo effectively.
How to use?
- Take two to three fresh garlic cloves
- Crush them
- Strain the crushed garlic to obtain the juice
- Apply the juice on the affected area
- Wash it off after ten to fifteen minutes
- Use it every day until the rash disappears
- To maximize the effect of garlic, add some of it in your diet. It will help you out in fighting off the bacteria from within.
Benefits of garlic
Garlic is a well-known dietary bacteria-buster. It helps in clearing off the harmful bacteria from your body. The potent effect of garlic is because of allicin, an active ingredient found in garlic that has antibacterial properties.
[Also read: Health Benefits of Black Garlic]
Those with sensitive skin must do a skin patch test by rubbing garlic on their arm, to know whether they are allergic to it or not. If it causes irritation and inflammation, then wash the area immediately and avoid using this remedy.
Foods to eat
A healthy immune system can prevent infections like impetigo from occurring. It is possible if you supply your body with an adequate amount of nutrients that strengthen your immunity against foreign organisms and ward-off such diseases. For a healthy immune system and quick healing of the infection add the following foods to your diet:
- Dark Green Leafy Vegetables
- Fresh Fruits
- Also, drink a sufficient amount of water as it helps in flushing out toxins from the body and keeps you hydrated.
Foods to avoid
Certain foods trigger inflammation and hamper your immunity; hence it becomes necessary to avoid such foods. Eliminate the following foods from your diet to speed up the healing process and prevent flare-ups.
- Foods high in sugar content
- Refined carbohydrates
- Fried foods
2. Herbal treatments for curing Impetigo
How to get rid of Impetigo with Aloe Vera?
Aloe Vera is an excellent natural treatment for Impetigo. Those looking for how to cure impetigo easily and safely can resort to aloe vera. It gives you incredible results. The wondrous plant can help in treating impetigo in baby fast. (3)
How to use?
- Take an aloe vera leaf
- Cut it and squeeze out the gel
- Apply the gel directly on the affected area
- Repeat this remedy several times a day to clear the symptoms of the infection.
- Alternatively, you can also drink aloe vera juice to get rid of the trouble.
Benefits of Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is known to have magical healing properties that can effectively treat the blisters of impetigo. Being, antimicrobial, it fights off the bacteria that causes the infection. Further, its anti-inflammatory effect soothes the skin and reduces the inflammation and itching. Use aloe vera to clear impetigo on the face. You will see effective results overnight. Application of aloe vera hydrates your skin; thus it effectively treats the flaky crusts that form after the blisters of impetigo dry up.
[ Read: Benefits of Aloe vera for face ]
If you wish for quick results, then use freshly extracted aloe vera gel which is more potent than the store-bought gels. Also, consume only organic aloe vera juice that ensures better health and quick recovery.
3. Essential oils for getting rid of Impetigo
How to use Tea Tree Oil for Impetigo Treatment?
Impetigo in adults is also common. The bacteria can enter your skin through cuts and wounds, no matter what your age is. Those looking for an effective way for how to treat impetigo can rely on tea tree oil. It has amazing properties that can treat numerous skin condition including impetigo. So without any second thought pick the essential oil and treat those unsightly blisters of impetigo on legs quickly.
How to use?
- Mix two to three drops of tea tree oil in a tablespoon of olive oil
- Apply the blend on the impetigo affected area using a cotton ball
- Leave it on for around fifteen minutes
- After that, wash it off with warm water
- Repeat this remedy for several days to get rid of impetigo.
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil is highly effective in treating impetigo owing to its potent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Regular application of the oil destroys the bacteria and eases the symptoms of the infection, thus accelerating the healing process.
Tea Tree Oil, if used undiluted can harm your skin.
4. Home Remedies for curing Impetigo
How to treat Impetigo with Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar has grown quite popular for its magical healing properties. Those looking for how to cure impetigo on the scalp or near mouth must try using apple cider vinegar. It is one of the best home remedies for treating impetigo rash.
How to use?
- Dilute apple cider vinegar in equal parts of water
- Apply the diluted mixture on the affected area
- Repeat this for a couple of days to subside the symptoms of the bacterial infection.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar, rich in antioxidants and possessing strong antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties fights off the bacteria causing the infections, soothes the pain and inflammation and further quickens the healing.
Apple Cider Vinegar has a strong acidic effect; hence, you must use it in diluted form. Direct application of it might irritate your skin. Also, you must avoid using it in areas with open cuts and wounds.
5. Natural Treatments for healing Impetigo
How does heat therapy work to clear impetigo?
Impetigo is caused by bacteria that thrive on your skin and enter it through breaks and cracks. Heat therapy is quite effective in treating impetigo by eliminating the bacteria that causes the infection. Know how to treat impetigo efficiently and quickly with heat therapy.
How to use?
- Take a soft towel
- Soak it in a bowl of hot water
- Take it out and squeeze out the excess water
- Press the cloth gently against the affected area
- You can repeat the process several times a day to quicken the healing.
Benefits of heat therapy
Bacteria need a favorable environment to grow and sustain. Heat makes it impossible for it to strive thus inhibiting its growth. Heat therapy helps in clearing off the bacteria build-up on the skin and opens up the clogged pores and cleansing your skin. So, get rid of impetigo on nthe ose easily by using the heat therapy. You should employ heat therapy simultaneously along with any of the home remedies mentioned above. It speeds up the clearing of the infection.
Do not use too hot water. It can burn your skin.
How to prevent Impetigo?
Here are some tips on how to prevent impetigo:
- Shower regularly
- Wash your hands with soap often
- Keep the nails clean and short
- Wash the scraped and irritated skin and cover it to avoid the infection
Impetigo is a common bacterial infection which mostly affects the babies. The blisters formed due to the bacterial infection are itchy and often painful. These may cause much discomfort. Those looking for how to treat impetigo quickly without resorting to antibiotics can try the home remedies mentioned above. These relieve you of the trouble and give effective results in no time.