Itchy-foot is a dermatological condition that is characterized by the development of rough and itchy patches on the soles of feet. If you are wondering on how to stop itchy feet, then try the home remedies described here for immediate and permanent relief.
What do Itchy Feet Mean?
Itchiness of feet is a skin disease that is marked by cracked heels, corns on toes, roughness, and dehydration of skin and itchy sensations in the feet.
What are the Causes of Itchy Feet?
- Excessive walking or running
- Wearing tight shoes
- Bug Bites
- Foot corns and calluses, etc.
Top 5 Natural Remedies for Itchy Feet
Itchy feet can be easily cured by the administration of home remedies and by the topical application of oils, fruits, herbs and more. Read through the fantastic natural remedies to heal yourself.
1. How to Stop Itchy Feet with Foods?
Use Yogurt for the Cure of Itchy Legs and Itchy Ankles
How to stop itchy feet with yogurt? Well, yogurt is one of the most soothing natural treatments for itchy feet at night, itchy toes, itchy feet.
How to use?
- Add a few drops of rose water to 2 tablespoons of thick yogurt
- Refrigerate the mixture for about half an hour
- Smear the chilled yogurt all over the itchy blisters on feet
- Rinse off the yogurt after about 20 minutes
- Do this twice daily for the itchy bumps on feet to heal
Benefits of using Yogurt
The rich nutritional composition of yogurt helps in nourishing the skin. Its humectant properties fight against dryness and keep the skin hydrated. Topical application of yogurt heals the cracks and itchy rash on legs in no time.
Make sure that the yogurt is fresh before applying it on the skin.
Foods to Eat
It is necessary to eat foods that help to stay hydrated and keep the skin moisturized. You can take the following foods for the prevention and cure of itchy feet and hands.
- Nuts and seeds
- Eggs, fish, and meat
- Lentils, peas, and beans
- Green leafy veggies
- Fresh and juicy fruits
Foods to Avoid
Regular and excessive consumption of these foods tends to dry up the skin more.
- Fatty food
- Junk food
- Spicy food
- Carbonated beverages
- Caffeinated drinks
- Sugary food
2. How to Get Rid of Itchy Feet with Herbal Treatments?
Cure Dry, Itchy Feet Fast by using Aloe Vera Gel
Apply aloe vera gel to the skin for the cure of itchiness, rash, bumps, blisters, and itchy foot.
How to use?
- Cut an aloe vera leaf and slit the gel out of it
- Add a teaspoon of vitamin E oil to the gel with gentle stirring
- Apply the gel all over the itchy lower legs and dry itchy feet
- Leave it on for about half an hour
- Rinse it off with warm water
- Do this twice daily to cure the itchiness and burning sensations on your feet
Read More: Health Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
Benefits of using Aloe vera
Aloe vera gel is a powerhouse of antioxidants that fight against oxidative stress. Topical application of the gel keeps the hydrated skin and makes it soft and gentle.
If your skin is sensitive to aloe vera gel, then skip this and try out the other home remedies on how to stop itchy feet instead. Conduct a patch test by applying the gel to an unaffected area of skin and testing the allergic reaction of the skin to it.
3. How to Cure Itchy Feet with the use of Essential oils?
Treat Itchy Rash on Feet with Tea tree oil
Tea tree essential oil is one of the most effective essential oils for how to stop itchy feet naturally. It is a recommended treatment for itchy blisters on feet.
How to use?
- Add 12-14 drops of tea tree essential oil to a tablespoon of coconut oil with gentle stirring
- Massage your feet, legs, and hands with the oil mixture
- Massage your skin with the oils before going to bed at night
- Let the oil percolate through the epidermis and repair the cracks and bruises.
- Rinse your arms and legs in the next morning, preferably with lukewarm water
Benefits of using Tea tree Essential oil
Tea tree essential oil is best for the hydration of dry and itchy parts of the body. It is loaded with antioxidants and can get effectively used for the cure of itchy legs and itchy feet.
Tea tree essential oil can trigger increased sensitivity and allergic reactions, Conduct a patch test by applying the tea tree essential oil to an unaffected area of skin to test the sensitivity of skin to it. If your skin reacts with itchiness or irritation, then do not proceed with the remedy.
4. How to Stop Itchy Feet with Home Remedies?
Use Coconut oil to Cure Itchy Bumps on Feet
Coconut oil is one of the purest natural cures of itchy skin.
How to use?
- Add a few drops of vitamin E oil to a tablespoon of coconut oil
- Massage your itchy feet and hands and itchy lower legs with the oil mixture.
- Do this daily for the itchiness and peeling of skin to disappear.
Benefits of using Coconut oil
The healthy fatty acids present in coconut well is deeply nourishing for the skin. Coconut oil helps in locking the natural perspiration, thus keeping the skin hydrated and healthy.
Do not use coconut oil on blood red rashes or fresh wounds due to excessive itching if present as it might cause an infection.
5. How to Stop Itchy Feet with Natural Treatments?
Use Hot Water for the Cure of Itchy Lower Legs
Wondering how to stop itchy feet with hot water? The use of hot water for the healing of itchy feet is an ancient home remedy.
How to use?
- Fill a tub with hot water
- Dip your feet into the hot water in the tub for about 15 minutes
- Do this twice daily for the itchiness to heal
Benefits of Hot Water
The heat helps in softening the hard soles and curing the roughness and dryness of skin.
Test the temperature of the water and make sure that it is not too hot to scald your skin.
The natural cures on how to stop itchy feet are useful indeed and can nourish and rejuvenate the skin as well. So, stop worrying and treat your sleepless nights with these effective cures and bid goodbye to the itch that has been harming your skin.