Often referred to as the beauty marks, moles enhance your beauty. But all moles are not pleasant. The size, color, and location of your mole may make you loathe it, and you wish that it never happened to you. But do not stress out as it is possible to remove that unsightly mole.
There are specific home remedies that can significantly reduce the appearance of moles and give you clear skin. Go through the article and know how to get rid of moles easily at home.
What is a Mole?
Moles are dark spots on your skin formed due to the accumulation of pigmented cells. These may appear anywhere on your body. You may find a mole on the face, neck, arm, leg, foot, etc. Moles on the scalp and beneath the nails are also common.
You need not remove them unless their appearance is annoying or the raised surface is causing trouble. However, some moles are cancerous and need to be treated. If you suspect your moles to be harmful, then get yourself diagnosed immediately.
Some moles are present at the time of birth while others may develop over the years due to the following reasons:
- Hormonal changes in your body
- Excessive sun exposure
- Excessive oil secretion by the oil glands
- Over-production of melanin
Types of Moles
- Regular and symmetrical moles: These moles have a uniform color and border with a size smaller than a pencil eraser. Primarily, such moles are harmless.
- Atypical Moles: Atypical moles or irregular moles are asymmetrical. These are larger than the size of a pencil eraser and have multiple colors.
- Cancerous Moles: Cancerous moles also known as melanomas. These are highly irregular in shape and change colors. You need to carefully watch your moles and notice changes that may hint towards melanoma.
Freckles vs. Moles: Know the Difference
Both freckles and moles are pigmented skin cells. While freckles are significantly small and lightly pigmented, moles are dark pigmented and larger.
Natural Ways to Clear Moles on Skin
Is the large mole on your face annoying? Wish to get rid of the unsightly mole on your skin? Clear it easily at home using effective natural remedies. Know how to get rid of moles easily at home and bid farewell to the unpleasant marks on the skin. The treatments mentioned below are easy to follow and are painless; hence you can use them without any worry.
CURE 1. Foods
Garlic is an effective remedy for treating moles. You can lighten the unsightly moles on the face using garlic. Know how it benefits you.
How to use?
- Take a fresh clove of garlic
- Crush the clove
- Apply the crushed clove on the mole
- Cover it with a bandage and leave overnight
- Repeat the process several times a day for at least three weeks to see results
Benefits of Garlic
Garlic is an excellent remedy for how to get rid of moles. It dries up the area forming a scab which falls off with time, thus removing the mole.
People with sensitive skin must do a skin patch test before using the garlic remedy. Rub some garlic on your arm to know whether your skin has increased sensitivity to garlic or not. In case of intense pain or irritation avoid using garlic on the skin. Also, do not pick the scab yourself, it will fall off with time.
Want to know the best way to get rid of moles? Try lemon juice. It has beneficial properties that aid in removing the moles on the neck and other parts of the body.
How to use?
- Take a lemon and squeeze out its juice
- Soak a cotton ball the juice
- Place the cotton ball dipped in lemon juice on the mole
- To keep the cotton ball at its place use a duct tape
- Let the lemon juice work for around twenty minutes
- After that remove the cotton ball and wash the area
- Repeat the process for at least two times a day
Benefits of Lemon Juice
Application of lemon juice over some time can help you in getting rid of moles. It is because lemon juice has strong astringent and skin bleaching properties that aid in the removal of the mole. Lemon juice lightens the mole which after some time forms a scab and falls off.
If using direct lemon juice is causing irritation, then dilute it by adding water.
CURE 2. Herbal Treatments
If you have always been picking out the dandelion from your lawn, then you need to stop doing that immediately. The plant is much more than just a weed. Its root, leaves, and stem find numerous uses. It can be a great option for those looking for how to get rid of moles.
How to use?
- Take a fresh dandelion root
- Cut it and squeeze out the milky liquid
- Rub the milky liquid on your mole
- Leave it for an hour and after that, wash the area with water
- Repeat this process at least two to three times a day to see results
- Alternatively, you can also make a paste of dried dandelion root available in the market.
- Or, you can also rub dandelion stem directly on the mole.
Benefits of Dandelion
The sap of the dandelion plant has strong purifying properties that clears your skin and removes all the impurities. Thus it is an effective remedy for treating moles on skin.
Expecting and nursing mothers should avoid using dandelion. The plant is also known to cause a skin allergy. If you have sensitive skin and a history of allergy, then consult your doctor before using dandelion for removing moles on face and neck.
[Also Read: Benefits of Dandelion]
Aloe vera Gel
Fresh aloe vera gel is your magical remedy for treating itchy mole. Skin moles at times may cause much irritation. If it is quite annoying, and you are looking for how to get rid of moles, then try using aloe vera. The plant is useful in treating your skin moles too.
How to use?
- Thoroughly wash the area that has a mole
- Take an aloe vera leaf and cut it
- After that, squeeze out the fresh gel from the leaf
- Apply the gel on the mole
- Cover it using a bandage
- Let it stay on the mole for around three hours
- After that, wash the area
- Repeat the process at least two times a day over several weeks to get results
Benefits of Aloe Vera
Aloe vera gel is quite potent. It contains polysaccharides, various enzymes, minerals and vitamins that nourish your skin and aid in its healing. Further, application of the gel soothes your skin and eases the itchiness. It can be used for treating moles on penis too.
Always use fresh gel extracted from the leaves. This aloe vera remedy takes time to show results, hence wait patiently.
[Also Read: Aloe Vera for Skin]
CURE 3. Essential Oils
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Essential oils are plant extracts. These have numerous properties that can aid in treating various ailments including several skin conditions. You can always rely on them for their potent properties. Of the several beneficial essential oils, one that is quite popular is tea tree oil. It finds use in treating various skin and hair troubles and is also an effective remedy for treating the black and red mole on the skin.
How to use?
- Blend a few drops of tea tree oil in a carrier oil
- Dip a cotton ball in the mixture and place it on the mole
- Keep it on the mole for as long as possible
- Repeat this process three times a day for several weeks to get the desired results.
Benefits of Tea Tree oil
Tea tree oil has strong astringent and anti-inflammatory properties that aid in the quick healing of the skin and eventually remove the moles. Continuous application of tea tree oil on the skin surface with mole causes the mole to fall off.
Tea tree oil is highly potent; hence you must use it in diluted form. If you have sensitive skin, then it is better to do a skin patch test before employing the essential oil remedy.
Frankincense essential oil is another excellent treatment for getting rid of the mole. Regular application of it can aid in removing the ugly marks that are raising your concern.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of Frankincense Essential oil in eight teaspoons of Olive oil
- Dab the blend on the mole using a cotton swab
- You can repeat this process for two to three times a day over several weeks to remove the mole
Benefits of Frankincense Essential oil
Accumulation of pigmented cells causes moles. Frankincense essential oil works to remove the clusters of the pigmented cells to eliminate the mole.
Like every other essential oil, Frankincense Essential Oil must also be used in a diluted form. Mix it with a carrier oil before applying it on your skin.
CURE 4. Effective Home Remedies
Apple Cider Vinegar
Is the red mole on your nose is getting you unwanted attention? You wish to cut it off? No, you need not do so. Instead, try this apple cider remedy for how to get rid of moles and solve all your worries easily at home. It is one of the best home remedies to treat black as well as red moles.
How to use?
- Take some petroleum jelly and apply it to the area around the mole
- Pour a few drops of apple cider vinegar on a cotton swab
- Put the cotton ball with apple cider vinegar on the mole
- Use a bandage to keep the cotton swab at its place
- Leave it for around two hours
- Repeat this process at least three times a day for about two weeks to see results
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic. Its acidic properties burn the mole and cause it to fall off.
You must apply petroleum jelly around the mole to protect your skin from the acidic effect of apple cider vinegar.
Baking Soda and Castor oil
Baking soda and castor oil can work wonders to treat moles. If your mole is causing you much trouble, then try this magical remedy to get clear skin devoid of any ugly marks.
How to use?
- Put half a teaspoon of baking soda in a bowl
- Add to it, two to three drops of castor oil
- Mix them to form a paste
- Apply the paste on the mole and cover it with a Band-Aid
- Leave it overnight
- Repeat this process for some time until the mole disappears
Benefits of Baking soda and castor oil remedy
The paste of baking soda and castor oil is highly effective in diminishing moles. Baking soda works to dry out the mole that eventually disappears while castor oil aids in skin healing. It is an excellent way to get rid of moles while preventing scarring.
Application of the paste made using castor oil, and baking soda might cause inflammation. You need not panic as inflammation and redness are a part of the healing process. These will subside with time.
Use turmeric, honey, and Vitamin C Paste
Moles can be annoying. If you are fretting upon the mole that you have recently acquired, then buy some turmeric. The spice known for its numerous medicinal properties can also be used for clearing moles.
How to use?
- Take a teaspoon of turmeric powder
- To it, add a few drops of honey and mix
- After that, crush a vitamin C tablet and it to the mixture
- Mix the contents to get a uniform paste
- Apply the paste on your mole
- Leave the paste on the mole for around fifteen to twenty minutes so that it dries
- After that, rinse the area with water
- Repeat the process two times daily till the mole disappears
[ Read: Natural Tips for Moles on Face ]
Benefits of Turmeric, Honey and Vitamin C Paste
This remedy is quite useful in clearing the mole and also prevents the formation of the scar. Vitamin C works on the mole and effectively diminishes it while turmeric and honey have skin healing properties that aid in quick removal of the mole and prevent scarring.
Avoid using processed honey as it may not give the desired results.
CURE 5. Natural Treatments
Iodine is an excellent ingredient that you can use to clear moles on skin. It is a quick and easy way to get rid of moles.
How to use?
- Smear some petroleum jelly on the skin around the mole
- After that, directly apply iodine on the mole
- Cover the region with a gauze
- You can use this remedy two times a day. Repeat for a week for the mole to disappear.
Benefits of Iodine
Iodine being highly toxic burns the mole and causes it to disappear in some time. When you see the mole replaced by a pink skin, stop applying iodine and let the skin heal on its own.
Please note that iodine is highly toxic and can damage your skin, thus apply it cautiously on the mole only. To prevent it from spreading to the surrounding region apply petroleum jelly.
[ Read: How To Get Rid Of Moles At Home ]
How to Prevent Moles?
Moles are caused due to skin pigmentation which occurs due to overexposure to harmful sun rays. You can control their appearance by adopting the following steps.
- If possible protect yourself from ultraviolet radiations. Wear sunscreen with SPF 30 or more to evade the harm of sunrays. Also, wear protective clothing that covers most of your body and a broad-brimmed hat when going out in the sun.
- Follow a proper skin care routine. Exfoliate your skin and use a moisturizer to prevent the build-up of dead cells and nourish your skin.
So these were simple home remedies for how to get rid of moles that may appear on your skin any time. Yes, it is possible to eliminate them if you follow the procedures mentioned above. These are natural remedies that give you results without any side-effects. Thus, you need not think much about them. However, some treatments may take time; hence you must be patient. Their continuous application will certainly give you the desired results.