- Proportionate honey intake can sweeten your dish without increasing your weight
- Did you know that fasting or intermittent fasting for weight loss can have multiple health hazards?
There are numerous benefits of honey and apple cider vinegar for weight loss. Apple cider vinegar helps reduce weight by reducing the acetic acid levels in the body. As a result, body sugar levels lower, reducing weight. Similarly, the ratio of insulin to glucagon reduces. This reduction increases the rate of fat burning inside the body. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar also increases the AMPK enzyme. This enzyme boosts fat burning.
Moreover, it reduces sugar production in the liver. Apart from that, apple cider vinegar has acetate that increases the expression of specific genes responsible for lowering fat storage inside the body.
Furthermore, genes accountable for burning stored fats become more active with ACV. Another way apple cider vinegar helps to reduce weight is by suppressing hunger pangs inside the brain. As a result, food intake decreases.
[Also Read: How to Lose Weight]
Honey helps in weight loss by reducing the intake of processed sugar. It can be used as an excellent sugar substitute. Moreover, it provides the body with refined carbs that cause less weight gain — Eating honey before bedtime can increase metabolism during sleep. Furthermore, honey improves the digestive system. As a result, the static weight accumulated in the digestive system reduces.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey Weight Loss Potion
Honey and apple cider vinegar for weight loss can be used in multiple ways. One of the most popular recipes used is as follows.
- Fill a glass or mug with water. It is better to stick to 16 ounces. However, you may increase it as per requirement or preference.
- It is better to use cold water. Coldwater enhances the combination, making it easier to consume. However, you may opt for hot or warm water as per preference.
- To keep the recipe as natural as possible, use organic materials. Add one tablespoon to 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to the water. A greater quantity than this per intake can increase the chances of stomach acidity. It may even lead to diseases like tetanus.
- To this mixture, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Make sure you stir the mixture well. It is recommended to keep stirring until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Honey helps reduce the tartness of apple cider vinegar.
- It is recommended to consume one glass of such mixture every morning before breakfast. However, you may opt for consuming the mix at bedtime. This helps increase metabolism during sleep. Remember, eating late at night can slow down your metabolism(1)
- It is recommended not to use supermarket based, processed apple cider vinegar. Enzymes for weight loss are reduced by processed vinegar.
- You may add lemon juice to your mixture. Both are metabolism boosters. Moreover, they can both improve the taste of the mix.
Other Ways to Use Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
Another way to use honey and apple cider vinegar for weight loss is to use them with your regular food.
- You may use both of them to season your salads. They can be mixed with olive oil for this purpose. Use this method if your salad consists of leafy, green vegetables as it provides excellent taste.
- Also, you may use a mixture of both to pickle vegetables.
Additionally, honey and apple cider vinegar may be consumed separately as well. You can consume both of them in multiple ways. Add honey to your regular tea instead of sugar. It can also be consumed orally. Similarly, apple cider vinegar can be consumed in the form of tablets or directly. However, direct consumption may be severe due to the taste.
It must be noted; however, that apple cider vinegar can have adverse health effects. Many people can not easily tolerate high levels of apple cider vinegar. Similarly, excess use of honey can be a contributing factor for weight gain. It is best to check-in with your physician and get a relevant opinion. This consultation is best done before starting a regular treatment of honey and apple cider vinegar for weight loss. If consumed right, ACV can help reduce as much as 2 to 4 pounds(2).
Both honey and apple cider vinegar for weight loss is natural. As a result, they are free from harmful effects that may be caused by artificial remedies. At the same time, the entire recipe is easy, quick to make and inexpensive. As a result, the treatment is suitable for all spectrum of people. Thus, honey and apple cider vinegar for weight loss provide obese people with a practical, natural method to treat their obesity.
[Read: Home Remedies for Weight Loss]
1. Are Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey Good for Weight Loss?
Yes! They can help boost metabolism, reducing weight.
2. How Many Times Can the Recipe Be Consumed Daily?
One to two times a day is the recommended usage.
3. Can ACV Be Used Separately?
Yes! However, it is strong and acidic, hence it could be difficult to swallow.