Homeopathy is a different approach to medicine. It is completely different from allopathy and, it should also not be confused with Chinese herbal medicine, ayurvedic medicine or any other type of natural medicine. It is like a unique therapeutic system. It is a natural and safe form of medicine used by over 200 million people worldwide to treat acute and chronic conditions.
This holistic approach to medicine involves the use of specially prepared, highly diluted substances to trigger the body’s healing mechanisms. A Homeopath prescribes medicines according to the patient’s specific set of symptoms and how they experience it.
The overall health condition of the individual is also taken into consideration while prescribing the medications. Treating allergies with homeopathy is advisable as it relieves the individual of the symptoms. Furthermore, it does not create any more complications in the body.
Did You Know!
Name of Few Homeopathy Medicines and When to Use Them
1. Euphrasia Officinalis:
This homeopathy medicine for allergy actually helps you to gain relief from pain when you are suffering from a running nose and watery eyes.
2. Natrum Muriaticum:
If you are suffering from a headache and you have chapped lips along with white watery nasal discharge and sneezing then this particular homeopathy will provide you relief from allergy.
3. Allium Cepa:
If the nasal mucus tends to irritate your nostrils and the upper lip then you should go for this medicine.
If you are suffering from a sore throat or extreme kinds of itchiness in your throat along with hoarseness then you should start taking this medicine to gain relief.
Homeopathy medications work not only on the pathology but also on the physique and mind. It acts on the physical and the mental level alike. It helps in boosting the body’s own self-defense mechanisms to cope with
How Safe Are Homeopathic Medicines?
Minute doses are used in Homeopathy and the medicines labeled for internal use are non-toxic. With a proper administration of dosages, it is safe for everyone to use irrespective of their ages. Even pregnant women and newborn children can use Homeopathic remedies to treat their conditions.
Treating Allergies with Homeopathy
- One can easily treat allergies with homeopathy. It is a natural system of medicine which is safe and supports the body’s intrinsic healing capabilities to a subtle level. It is inexpensive and when administered with the correct dosage by a qualified homeopath, can be highly effective.
- Homeopathic medications stimulate the body’s own defense mechanisms to cope with the exposure to allergens rather than suppressing the allergic symptoms. Homeopathic medications may be taken before the seasonal allergies(2) to protect you throughout the season. This is a protective measure as this reduces the chances of being infected with seasonal allergies.
[Read: Essential Oils for Allergies]
The Benefits Homeopathy for Allergies
- Be it short term allergy or long term, homeopathy successfully alleviates both.
- Homeopathy medications are extremely diluted. So the chance of having any side effects is very rare or next to none. So while homeopathy heals the body, it does not have any side effects and is safe.
- If you are in-taking allopathy or antibiotics then you have to always give a 4 or 6 hour span time and then take the next dose of the medicine. However, in case of homeopathy such is not the case, you can have it when you are suffering a lot from a particular problem, most importantly, and you need not take it regularly like an allopathy medicine(3).
Though homeopathy is safe to treat every single individual, it is advisable not to use the same in treating life-threatening illnesses like asthma, cancer, heart diseases or in emergencies. Moreover, you should not replace homeopathic medications with the necessary vaccinations that are necessary. Always consult your Physician before treating any illness with homeopathy, to ensure it does not react with any ongoing medications.
Always take homeopathic medications under the supervision of a Homoeopathic Physician.