Baldness can be nightmarish. The sight of hair fall and receding hairline can scare anybody to death. The fear that grips the victim is complete and permanent baldness. There are many male pattern baldness stages.
Baldness is no longer a degenerative issue but affects both young and old alike. And when baldness starts to affect the young, the problem becomes frightening. You might want to resort to transplantation of imitation hair, but that costs a small fortune.
However, there are several effective natural cures for male pattern baldness that you can adopt and adhere to, to cure you of hair shedding
What causes the patterned baldness in males?
A few general male pattern baldness causes include:
- Hormonal balance
- Burns or injury to the scalp
- Scalp infection by lice and dandruff
- Deficiency of iron and proteins
- Male pattern baldness genetics
- Medical conditions that lead to hair loss
But the question is how to stop male pattern baldness naturally? Elucidated below are 11 highly effective home remedies that will help to check the receding hairline and hair fall. Follow the enlisted natural male pattern baldness cure to take care of your hair.
11 Home Remedies for Male Pattern Baldness:
1. Castor Oil:
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of castor oil in a pan and warm it.
- Smear the warm oil on your scalp with gentle rubbing right before going to bed at night.
- Leave it on for the night and rinse it off in the next morning.
- Do this thrice or 4 times in a week to take care of the balding.
Castor oil is used to enhance the blood circulation through the scalp which in turn stimulates the roots of the hair to be strong and firm.
The oil nourishes the scalp with essential fats and helps to check the infestation of dandruff and hair lice. This is the best male pattern baldness natural treatment.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar(1) and add that to a cup of water.
- Mix well to obtain a diluted solution of the vinegar.
- Massage your shampooed hair with this solution and rinse it off with cool water.
- Do this twice a week to check the receding hairline.
Apple cider vinegar balances the natural pH value of the scalp and is a natural germicide and fungicide that fights hard and dandruff. It enhances blood circulation which in turn leads to re-growth of hair.
3. Aloe Vera
- Slice a few leaves of Aloe Vera to extract its gel.
- Apply the gel to your scalp and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
Aloe Vera gel helps to moisten the scalp and balance the natural pH value. The gel is a natural fungicide and bactericide which helps to prevent the occurrence of lice and dandruff.
It contains proteolytic enzymes which break down proteins and gets rid of dry dead cells from the scalp thereby enhancing the growth of hair.
4. Jojoba Oil:
Get a hair loss treatment naturally with Jojoba oil.
- Take two tablespoons of jojoba oil and gently massage your scalp and all over your hair.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse the oil off with a gentle shampoo.
- Do this daily for the best results.
This oil is especially beneficial fora non-hereditary pattern of baldness treatment naturally in males.
Jojoba oil is rich in vitamin E that nourishes the scalp and gets rid of oxidative stress which is one of the chief causes of baldness. It is one of the most effectual home remedies for baldness in males.
- Grate a piece of ginger of 2 inches.
- Soak the juicing ginger in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Smear your scalp with the oil along with the bits of ginger with gentle massaging for about 2-3 minutes.
- Leave this on for about half an hour.
- Rinse your hair with a good quality herbal shampoo.
- Do this twice a week and the result will be noticeable enough.
Ginger is rich in biologically active compounds that enhance blood circulation in the scalp and rejuvenate hair follicles. Ginger is antifungal and anti-inflammatory that helps to keep lice and dandruff at bay and cures baldness.
6. Egg Yolk:
How to stop male pattern baldness with Egg yolk? Well, an egg is super packed with nutritional values for scalp nourishment.
- Mix the yolks of two eggs in a bowl.
- Apply that to your dry scalp, hair and its follicles.
- Wrap your hair with a shower cap and keep it on for about an hour.
- Wash your hair thoroughly to remove the yolk and the odors.
- Do this daily for your scalp to heal.
Egg yolk is rich in biotin and protein that nourishes the scalp and enhances the re-growth of hair.
7. Coconut Oil:
It is one of the ancient and widely used amongst the home remedies for baldness.
- Shampoo your hair but don’t condition it.
- Warm up a few tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Massage your scalp with the warm oil for about 5 minutes.
- Wash the oil off with plain water after 5-6 hours.
- Do this thrice a week.
Coconut oil gets absorbed into the epidermis and heals the scalp from within by infusing it with regenerative medium chain fatty acids, healthy fats, and alpha-to copherol, which help to rejuvenate and hydrate the scalp.
Coconut oil strengthens the hair follicles and encourages the re-growth of hair. The antioxidants present in the oil protect the hair fibers and scalp from damage and dandruff.
8. Tea Tree Oil:
- Take 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil in a dish and add 3-4 drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Mix the oils.
- Smear the mixture of oils all over your scalp and hair.
- Rinse it off after about an hour using a gentle shampoo.
- Do this twice or thrice a week for visible results.
Baldness is often due to dandruff and infection of the scalp. So, how to cure male pattern baldness with tea tree oil? It is beneficial as tea tree oil is antifungal and antimicrobial(2) in nature.
It penetrates into the epidermis easily. It is also antiseptic in nature and is an excellent home remedy for male pattern of baldness. It is the best amongst other essential oils for male pattern baldness.
- Grate a medium-sized onion to extract its pungent juice.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to the onion juice and mix it well.
- Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and dab the soaked cotton all over your scalp.
- Leave this on for about half an hour.
- Rinse your hair with a shampoo to get rid of the strong odor of onions.
- Do this twice a week to treat the baldness effectively.
Onion is used for the regeneration of hair follicles and roots. Honey makes for an excellent natural remedy for hair loss. Smear this mixture over the balding parts of your scalp to enhance the re-growth of hair.
- Take a tablespoon each of olive oil(3) and honey in a dish.
- Add two teaspoons of coffee powder to the dish.
- Mix the ingredients to form a rich scalp mask.
- Apply the mask all over your scalp.
- Leave this for about half an hour.
- Wash your hair with a good quality shampoo.
- Apply this mask twice or thrice a week to take care of the baldness and hair loss.
Coffee is richly loaded with the compound caffeine that is an amazing remedy for hair loss.
It takes care of baldness by enhancing the re-growth of hair and inhibits all the factors that tend to weaken the roots and follicles of hair. Make good use of the coffee mask to regain your lost tresses.
- Take a teaspoon of powdered licorice and add it to a cup of milk.
- Add a pinch of powdered turmeric to the milk.
- Mix this well until the powders get dissolved in the milk.
- Smear your scalp and hair with the mixture right before going to sleep.
- Put on a shower cap to protect the mask.
- Rinse your hair and scalp in the next morning.
- Do this thrice a week for the best results.
This mask helps to counteract the hormonal imbalance that is causing the hair loss and re-establishes the natural growth of hair.
Diagnose the factor that is causing the hair loss and then choose a remedy to follow through in accordance with your pattern of baldness.
If your scalp is dry and flaky, then opt for a remedy that cures baldness and hair loss by fighting dandruff.
If your scalp is itchy and your hair is falling off rapidly, then your hair is infested by lice and you need to follow the particular remedy that checks their growth and spread and restores your scalp to normal. Follow a healthy and balanced diet for your hair to stay in place.
1. Is male hair loss reversible?
Hair loss is naturally reversible in both men and women. If you diagnose the problem that is causing the hair loss and resolve the issue then you can expect your hair to grow back in time.
2. Is hair loss genetic?
Genetics is considered to be the primary cause of hair loss and balding. The gene of primary baldness lies in the X chromosome that men inherit from their maternal side.
However, balding is not a genetic disease. It is a natural condition that men will experience with age.
3. At what age do you start going bald?
For the male pattern of baldness, the signs and symptoms become noticeable from the age of 20 for at least 20% of the males, while 50% of them develop visible bald patches by the age of 50 and above.
4. Do all men go bald?
Genetics being one of the chief causes of the male pattern of baldness, it is not necessary for everyone to go bald with age. If the genes of patterned baldness do no run in the family then there will be very negligible signs of baldness with age.
5. Can you go bald if you have thick hair?
Balding does not depend upon the thickness of hair. You may go bald despite the thickness but with longer time.