In recent times, there are a number of trends, which are instantly becoming popular, all thanks to social media videos and posts. One trend that has hit the market recently is the benefits of using coconut oil for toothache. By coconut oil, you can whiten up their teeth, prevent tooth decay, and can clean the teeth like a dentist at home.
Coconut oil for toothache is becoming a popular practice amongst people as it is a natural process, and also, it has huge benefits. People who believe in natural methods should try this simple approach to maintain oral hygiene, even more as this will help you in saving massively and will reduce the tooth pain immensely.
Ways of Using Coconut Oil for Toothache
1.Oil Pulling using Coconut Oil
Are you unaware of what Oil Pulling means? Well, for all those who are not aware of this growing trend, oil pulling is a simple practice of swishing oil in the mouth for approximately 15 to 20 minutes and later, spitting out the oil. In simpler terms, it can be defined as a mouth wash with coconut oil. For this simple approach, you will require a tablespoon of coconut oil, for one-time use.
The best time to do this is in the morning or before having a meal. The coconut oil pulling has recently gained popularity, and one of the shocking fact about this practice is that it is more effective than flossing. Also, this simple approach is the best technique to whiten your teeth without any professional help.
- You should apply the oil on the teeth. For using it appropriately, it is crucial that the oil should be pushed and pulled between the teeth.
- Swish the oil in the mouth for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- After that, spit out the oil.
- Now brush your teeth.
[Also Read: Natural Treatments to Cure Toothache]
2. Homemade Coconut Oil Toothpaste
The curiosity for creating a personalized toothpaste, which is naturally made will emerge in many people. Many would like to know how to add coconut oil in their toothpaste to attain the different advantages of coconut oil daily. For such people, a simple recipe of homemade coconut toothpaste is mentioned below –
- Half a cup of coconut oil.
- Two tablespoons of baking soda.
- 10 to 20 drops of cinnamon essential oil or peppermint oil, whatever you prefer.
- Heat the coconut oil properly, ensuring that it turns liquid.
- Add in the baking soda. Keep stirring until the oil turns into a paste.
- Now, add the essential oil of your choice.
- The toothpaste is ready. Store this paste in a container.
- Scoop out a small amount of paste. You can do it with the help of a spoon or can directly add on the toothbrush.
- Brush appropriately for about two to three minutes.
- Then rinse it out thoroughly.
People who are extremely conscious about their oral hygiene, the combination of coconut oil pulling every third day in a week and using the naturally made coconut toothpaste every day will provide them with cleaner, whiter, and healthier teeth. Also, you will have no tooth decay.
[Also Read : Benefits of Using Clove Oil for Toothache]
Why Use Coconut Oil for Toothache?
With the practice of oil pulling, you will be able to kill the bacteria in the mouth due to the presence of fatty acids in the oil. In the coconut oil, there is lauric acid, which is very useful in killing the bacteria, along with removing plaque from the mouth. You can benefit from coconut oil if you have gum diseases, as the coconut oil is extremely useful in fighting the different gum diseases. Thus, the coconut oil should be used for toothache as it has the following benefits –
- It heals bleeding gums.
- It kills bad breath.
- It reduces inflammation.
- It provides white teeth.
- It reduces throat dryness.
- It prevents cavities.
- It makes gum and jaw strong.
- It helps in treating cracked lips.
Coconut oil is extremely effective in curing any problem or health issue efficiently. The approach of oil pulling can be adapted in our daily lifestyle, and the level of oral hygiene it offers is better than dental flossing. For people who like adapting to natural remedies, this is a perfect way to clean your teeth, make them whiter, reducing the pain in gums, and the most crucial aspect, it is excellent in preventing tooth decay. Everyone should try this simple approach at home; however, please do not overdo the cleaning process.
[Read: Essential Oils For Toothache]
1. Why should you use coconut oil for a toothache?
Coconut oil has lauric acid, which is very effective in killing the bacteria. It also removes plaque from the mouth. Thus, using coconut oil
2. What is oil pulling?
The technique of oil pulling involves the simple process of applying the oil in a push and pull approach, ensuring that the oil is applied correctly in different areas of the teeth.
3. What are the other home remedies that are used for treating a toothache?
Some of the simple home remedies for treating toothache are –
- Salt water rinse.
- Hydrogen peroxide rinse.
- Cold compress.
- Peppermint tea bags.
- Vanilla extract.