Cataract is a condition wherein a dense cloudy area forms in front of the eye lens. A cataract is formed or begins forming when excess protein buildup clumps up becoming a barrier for clear vision. Cataract prevents eye lens from sending clear images to the retina. The retina converts the light that comes into the eye lens in the form of signals. The optic nerve receives these signals from the retina and sends them to the brain.
Cataract prevents eye lens from sending clear images to the retina. The retina converts the light that comes into the eye lens in the form of signals. The optic nerve receives these signals from the retina and sends them to the brain.
Formation of cataract is a prolonged process. Cataract is more common in older people and among people with diabetes. It is very important to notice the early signs of cataracts. Identifying the symptoms of cataract is very important. This article will help you understand how Castor oil for cataracts can help you with this problem.
Types of Cataract:
- Congenital cataracts: This is a condition of lens opacity present since the time of birth.
- Radiation cataracts: In radiation cataract, the person undergoing radiation treatment for cancer is more prone towards this condition.
- Nuclear cataracts: This cataract forms in the middle of the eye lens. This condition causes the nucleus or the center of the eye to turn yellow or brown.
Symptoms of Cataract:
- Increased sensitivity to glare
- Trouble seeing at night
- Blurry Vision in the effected eye(s)
- Faded color perception.
Causes of Cataract:
- UV radition / Radiation Therapy
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Ingestion of steroids of other medication.
Why Use Castor Oil For Cataract
Essential oils are one way of treating cataract. Applying essential oils near or into the eyes is something that isn’t widely known to people. It is always advised to people using essential oils to keep essential oils away from the contact of eyes.
But to your surprise, some essential oils can aid and give relief and help in the treatment of few eye problems, including cataract. But before using any oil, an appointment with a health expert is a must. Eyes are the essential organs of the human body, and you wouldn’t want to risk with that.
What Is Castor Oil?
Castor oil is an ancient oil imbibed with plenty of goodness. It has natural remedies which can help treat eyes and help get rid cataracts over time. This wonder oil is incredibly rich and filled with antioxidants, especially vitamin E and vitamin C. This oil is widely used for medications as well as in skin care products.
Castor oil is a powerful laxative, a natural moisturizer promotes quick wound healing and has anti-inflammatory properties. Also, it also helps in reducing acne, fighting against infections and fungus, and much more. There are different types of castor oil classified based on the processing method. Following are a few types of castor oil
Jamaican black castor oil: the significant difference between regular yellow castor and Jamaican black castor oil is the method of extraction. The castor seeds are initially roasted and then pounded together. Add water to the mashed beans and the process of slow-boiling takes place. The outcome is the thick, pungent,dark brown coloured castor oil.
Cold pressed castor oil: cold pressed castor oil is the regular yellow oil which comes from the castor beans under pressure. Oils extracted using cold pressing method are in their purest form and are highly potent and filled with all good things. This form of oil is comparatively lighter, cleaner, and thinner when compared to another kind of oil.
Organic castor oil: a natural form of castor oil do not contain any filler or basis. They are free of any artificial or synthetic preservatives. It is in its most pure way, hence organic.
All the oil as mentioned above having a high content of vitamin A and vitamin C they help in healing not only for cataracts but also for other eye conditions and ailments.
How To Use Castor Oil For Cataract
There are many ways one can use castor oil for cataract. Before using it is advised to consult a health expert to know what works best for you. Take a few drops of castor oil, pour it into both the eyes before going to bed and leave it overnight. This process has to be followed for at least 1 to 6 months, once a day. Castor oil is packed with powerful antioxidant properties, and it helps repair any oxidative damage caused to the eyes.
Do’s and Dont’s
It is essential to store the oil in cold and dry environment away from the reach of children. Perform a patch test before using the oil. This will help from further complications like causing allergies or rashes. People with specific health concerns like high blood pressure are encouraged to take opinion from health experts.
When facing any side effects or symptoms like nausea and vomiting, sudden or unexplained stomach or abdominal pain or bleeding from rectum should immediately visit a health expert.
Many individuals are toxic when this oil is ingested. And no ingestion of oil must be undertaken without prior advice from health experts. Particularly one must be highly aware and cautious while handling undiluted oils.
Castor oil is used by people many people for a variety of issues. It is consumed both by ingesting it and by applying it to the affected areas. This oil is considered safe however it can have side effects which can end up causing adverse effects and unwanted further complications. Therefore, precaution is better than cure. Before using castor oil consider the following precautions.
- As mentioned above castor oil was and is used for inducing labour for pregnant women. Hence, pregnant women during all the stages of pregnancy should avoid consuming castor oil.
- Castor oil is an effective medicine for conditions of constipation; however, it can use diarrhoea in case of excess consumption.
Homemade Recipes or DIY
- Recipe 1: Rosewater and Lemon juice: both these ingredients make an effective mix and can help cure cataract permanently if one begins using this recipe in the beginning stage. Mixing 2 to3 drops of rose water and lemon juice into a small bottle and poring 2 to 3tears daily.
- Recipe 2: Garlic: chewing 2 to 3 cloves of garlic on an empty stomach in the morning can give best results for curing cataract. Garlic has highly efficient properties to cure diseases. It has antiseptic properties, which helps cleanse the system and clean out the cloudy formation of a cataract into eyes.
Hoping the above content, castor oil for cataracts was helpful. Kindly keepin mind the Dos and Don’ts before using Castor oil or any oil for that matter.However, knowing what works best for is essential. This helps to keep anyallergies or unwanted complications at bay.