Moles on the face are not always beauty marks. Those raised, large bumps can ruin your look and be annoying too. If your mole is also not much of a beauty mark, but a point of stress, then remove it easily with the natural remedies for how to get rid of moles on face, mentioned in this article.
What is a mole?
Several pigmented cell club together to form a dark spot on your skin which is termed as a mole. Moles can appear anywhere on your body, but their appearance on your face can be scary especially when they are large, raised and ugly(1).
What causes moles on the face?
Some moles are present on your face at the time of birth while others may appear over the years due to the following factors:
- Excessive exposure to the sun
- Over-production of melanin in the skin
- Excessive secretion of oil
- Hormonal changes
Types of moles
There are three types of moles
- Regular or symmetrical moles which have uniform color and are smaller than the size of your pencil eraser.
- Atypical moles that are large and have asymmetrical border and shape
- Cancerous moles that have an irregular shape and change their colors.
Natural remedies for mole removal on the face without scarring
A big mole on the face can be a nightmare? But what if it happens? What if you have an unpleasant hairy mole on your beautiful face? Don’t be disheartened as that obnoxious mole can be cleared easily by using some magical home remedies. Listed below are the natural treatments for how to get rid of moles on face.
1. Foods that can help remove moles on face
How to get rid of moles on face with lemon juice?
The refreshing scent of lemon can uplift your mood while its potent juice can help you get rid of the moles on your face. It is an excellent remedy for those looking for how to get rid of moles on face.
How to use?
- Take a lemon
- Cut it into half and squeeze out the juice
- Soak a cotton swab in lemon juice and place it on the mole
- You can use duct tape to keep the cotton swab its place
- Leave it for about twenty minutes
- After that, remove the cotton and wash the area
- Repeat the remedy two times a day to get effective results.
Benefits of lemon juice
Lemon has astringent and skin bleaching properties that clear the skin pigmentation thus aid in the mole removal on face. Use it for some time and your ugly mole will disappear without leaving behind any scar.
If the direct application of lemon juice irritates your skin, then dilute it with some water and then apply it.
2. Herbal Treatments for getting rid of a mole on face
How to remove a mole on the face with aloe vera gel?
Aloe vera gel has potent properties that make it highly effective in treating numerous skin conditions(2). Besides, it is also one of the most popular natural beauty products. It can not only make your skin beautiful and supple but can also be used to get rid of a black mole on face.
How to use?
- Cut an aloe vera leaf
- Peel off the flat side of the leaf, and extract the gel
- Apply the fresh gel on the mole
- Leave it on for about three hours. If you want, you can cover the area using a tape.
- After that, rinse your face
- Repeat the remedy two to three times a day for a couple of weeks and see the mole disappear
Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel is rich in polysaccharides, minerals and various enzymes that have skin nourishing properties and are also known to accelerate its healing. Its application soothes your skin and eases itchiness if any. Aloe vera gel is one of the safest remedies for how to get rid of moles on face and has no harmful effects on your skin. Hence, it can be used to remove moles on children’s face too.
Fresh aloe vera gel extracted from the leaf is more potent than store-bought gels. Hence, if possible, use the freshly extracted gel.
[Read: Get Rid of Small Bumps on Face]
3. Essential Oils for eliminating moles on face
How to get rid of moles on face with tea tree oil?
Tea tree oil is a potent essential oil that can effectively treat numerous skin conditions. You can use it to address that ugly hairy mole on face.
How to use?
- Add three to four drops of tea tree oil in a teaspoon of carrier oil such as coconut oil or olive oil
- Soak a cotton ball in the blend and put it on the mole
- Leave the ball on the mole as long as possible. You can use duct tape to keep it in place
- Repeat the process at least three times a day for some time until the mole disappears.
Benefits of tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has potent properties that effectively work to remove the raised mole on face. Continuous application of the oil causes the mole to fall off. Tea tree oil is astringent and anti-inflammatory; hence it quickens the healing of the skin and does not leaves a scar on face after mole removal. You will see a visible difference before and after mole removal on face.
Tea tree oil should always be used in diluted form. Direct application of it can burn your skin or cause an allergic reaction.
4. Home remedies for treating moles on face
How to clear moles on the face with apple cider vinegar?
Moles are mostly black or brown. Red moles are common too. But the color variation does not end here. Some moles can be pink and even white. If you have got a white mole on the face or if there is a skin colored mole on face, then do not worry, you can treat them similarly as the other moles. And one such excellent remedy that can remove every kind of mole is Apple Cider Vinegar.
How to use?
- Apply some petroleum jelly on the skin surface around the mole
- Take a cotton ball and pour a few drops of apple cider vinegar on it
- Place the cotton ball on the mole
- Cover it with a bandage and leave for two hours
- Repeat the process at least three times a day for two weeks
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic. Thus, the application of it burns the mole. Besides its anti-inflammatory properties aid in the quick healing of the region and give you clear skin.
Application of petroleum jelly is necessary to protect the neighboring skin from burning due to the acidic nature of apple cider vinegar.
5. Natural Treatments for removing moles on face
How to use coconut oil to clear moles on the face?
Remove that skin colored mole on face easily with coconut oil. It is a simple and effective remedy for How to get rid of moles on face.
How to use?
- Take some virgin coconut oil on your fingertips
- Apply it on the mole
- Repeat this coconut oil remedy two times a day preferably every morning and night until the mole clears
Benefits of coconut oil
Coconut oil hydrates and nourishes your skin. Further, it improves the texture of your skin and aids in removing the mole. Regular application of the oil can also prevent moles from appearing on the face.
If you have sensitive skin, then consult your doctor or do a skin patch test to know whether you have coconut oil allergy or not. If rubbing the oil on the skin causes inflammation or redness then immediately wash off the area.
How to prevent moles on the face?
Skin pigmentation is one of the prime causes for the appearance of moles on face. Hence you can inhibit their appearance by avoiding harmful sunrays. Following are some prevention tips that you must follow:
- Wear sunscreen with SPF count 30 or more
- Wear a broad-brimmed hat to protect your face from the sun rays
- Follow a skincare routine. Exfoliate your face regularly and keep it well moisturized.
If moles on your face are a constant cause of worry, then try the treatments mentioned above for how to get rid of moles on face. These can help clear them and give you a bright and beautiful face. Moles are not a reason to worry unless their appearance ruins your look. Also, too many moles appearing on the face can be a reason to worry. You must keep a check on their shape and color. If you feel that there are cancerous moles on face, then get them diagnosed immediately.