Does that special platter full of sumptuous dishes make you go crazy? Is food your favorite stress buster? Then it’s high time for you to pay heed to your body too. Indulging in a lot of junk food full of spices and oils might satiate your tongue, but it’s certainly not good for your body. Being overweight is a major concern these days. Young girls crave to don a slim body similar to their favorite actress or model.
Having a healthy body is a dream for many but owing to the busy life schedules, we often skip the exercise routine of our life and head towards obesity. This article will help you explore a fantastic solution for your overweight body that is- Ginger. Yes, you heard it right. The strong-flavored culinary ingredient can work wonders to make you lose those extra kilos in no time. So glue your eyes to this article on ginger for weight loss regime and get into shape.
A Word on Ginger
Ginger is amongst the oldest spices in the world whose use in the world of cooking dates back to the time of infinity. Apart from the culinary space, ginger also finds its place in the medical arena too. But did you know that ginger can be your Santa in disguise in giving you a sexy figure? The article will enrich you with that piece of information in the later parts. Let’s first have a look at what ginger is.
What is ginger?
The world-famous ginger has its origin in China. It is a flowering plant that is full of nutrients, making it a promising remedial solution to many health issues. Ginger closely links itself to turmeric, cardamom, and galangal, but it has its own unique importance and texture.
The toot of the Ginger plant is known as the rhizome. It is this rhizome which is the popular ginger that we all know. Ginger is readily available in the market at all times of the year. But if you want to grow ginger, you can do that too conveniently. All you have to do is to divide its rhizomes and plant them.
Five Extraordinary Benefits of Ginger for Weight Loss
1. Metabolism Booster
Ginger is a magical food that acts as a thermogenic agent. This property of the root helps it to raise the temperature of your body by burning the accumulated fat. According to reports, a person who consumes foods rich in thermogenic element gives a boost to your body metabolism by a rate of 5 percent. It also increases the burning of fat in the body by up to 16 percent. Thus, ginger can be your perfect companion in raising the rate of metabolism in your body.
2. Maintains Leptin Balance
Hormonal balance in your body plays a crucial role in helping you in your weight loss regime. Leptin hormone determines the hunger level and fat storage levels in your body. Obesity makes a person resistant to leptin. Because of this resistance, the brain fails to direct your body to burn the stored fat and as a result, you stay hungry most of the times.
Ginger contains gingerol which improves the leptin levels in your body. Its anti-inflammatory effects help to reduce the leptin resistance which in turn helps in weight loss.
3. Appetite Reduction
Ginger helps to make you feel full for a more extended period. A study revealed that people who drank a hot ginger drink after their meals showed a reduction in hunger pants for up to six hours.
4. Controls Cortisol Level
Cortisol is a vital hormone that controls a wide range of essential activities in your body including metabolism, immunity, etc. An increase in the levels of cortisol hormone leads to weight gain.
Ginger is known to induce a sharp fall in the levels of cortisol in your body. This property helps in weight loss quickly.
5. Improves digestion
This excellent remedial solution adds a helping hand to your digestion process. It increases the pH of your stomach and also triggers the digestive enzymes which help in proper digestion of food.
Apart from the above benefits, ginger relaxes the muscles in your stomach lining and supports a proper movement of food throughout the digestive organs. When your stomach gets well digested it aids in weight loss process.
How can you employ ginger for weight loss purpose?
If you have made up your mind to lose all those extra kilos in a short duration of time, then this article is here to teach you multiple ways to use ginger for weight loss.
To incorporate more and more of ginger in your daily routine life, you can adopt any or a group of given methods in the article. You can rely on the traditional way of sipping on a hot cup of ginger tea, or you can mix the dried ginger powder on to your favorite dishes including soups, smoothies, vegetables, fries, desserts, etc.
There is no hard and fast rule to use ginger in a particular way. You can grate it, chop it, eat it raw or cooked depending on your mood and choice. Making ginger drinks by combining it with multiple ingredients of your choice is a valuable remedy for weight loss.
Ginger drinks are also an easy way in which you can indulge your body in some wholesome goodness of the root. You can find them in the market, or you can make them at home also.
Incredible DIYs for using Ginger for Weight Loss
1. Ginger and Lemon Tea
To give a kick start to your weight loss decision, drink this excellent tea of ginger and lemon in an empty stomach in the morning. Also, drink a cup of this mixture while going to bed to keep your metabolism upright.
How to use?
- Heat one cup of water to the extent it starts boiling
- Once the water begins to boil, add a small piece of ginger to it
- Make sure to crush the ginger before adding it to the boiling water
- Wait for five minutes
- Now squeeze in the lemon juice, mix, and drink hot
2. Ginger and Lemon Drink
If you do not want to drink the lemon ginger tea, you can add ginger for weight loss in your diet by making a refreshing drink from it.
How to use?
- Add juice of one lemon to one cup of water
- Mix well with the help of a spoon
- Now add one tablespoon of ginger (grated form) to this solution
- Add ice cubes and mix well
3. Ginger Drink
- Fresh ginger root
- A few pieces of ginger
- A cup of water
- In a pan add one and a half liters of water
- Allow the water to come to a boil
- To this add chopped ginger pieces
- Now boil the solution till the ginger turns soft
- Now strain this drink by passing it through a cheesecloth
- Drink the solution when cool
4. Ginger and Green Tea
How to use?
- In a medium-sized pan bring a cup of water to a boil
- Now add green tea leaves pack to this water. Remove it as per your preferred strength
- Squeeze in the lemon juice to this
- Add one tablespoon of grated ginger as well
- Mix well and allow it to simmer for fifteen minutes
- Drink hot
5. Ginger tea for weight loss
How to use?
- In a small pan allow one cup of water to boil
- To this add a small piece of crushed ginger root
- Simmer for two to three minutes
- Strain the solution in a cup and drink hot
6. Ginger water for weight loss
How to use?
- Take a large glass jar and add regular water
- Add grated ginger and lemon slices to this jar
- Stir well with the help of a spoon so that all the ingredients don’t just settle at the bottom
- Cover this jar with its lid so that the ingredients infuse their goodness in the water
- Leave it to stand for at least six hours
- If you want you can refrigerate the jar too
- After six hours or in the morning if you are keeping it for overnight, pour the drink in a glass and drink it
- You can use the same ingredients two times by changing the water each time
Do you know the right dosage of ginger for weight loss?
Although ginger is full of health benefits, it doesn’t mean that by consuming an extra dosage of the ginger root you can lose weight magically.
- It is advisable to consume half or one inch of a ginger root after a break of five to six hours.
- If you are adding ginger paste to your soups or vegetables, then don’t indulge in more than a teaspoon of the ginger paste for best results.
- Also, keep a check while using ginger in a grated form. Always use half a teaspoon of grated ginger root for positive results.
A Note of Caution for Using Ginger for Weight Loss
Sometimes ginger for weight loss can lead to different health issues in your body. So be cautious while using the herb. Also, if you find any side-effect in your body while taking ginger for weight loss, then do consult a doctor on a priority basis.
Some harmful effects of using ginger for weight loss include:
- Rashes on the skin
- Upset stomach
- Mouth irritation
- Increases the risk of bleeding if the person has hemophilia
Getting in shape is not just essential but maintaining it is also. By having a slim and fit body, you can also keep yourself away from multiple health issues as well. Obesity often leads to severe diseases like diabetes and blood pressure. Thus, by shedding the excessive fat accumulation on your body, you can do away with the risk of such diseases easily.
By making ginger a part of your routine diet, you can get rid of that extra stubborn weight on your body. It will not only help you look good but will also add a dose of confidence to your personality. Ginger will keep your metabolism in check along with a dozen other health benefits too.
This article would have surely enriched you with multiple ways in which you can add ginger for weight loss in your life. So don’t wait for the right time, instead make this time right for you.