You have a pressing need to empty your bladder but when you urinate, you see very little urine has come out or sometimes, nothing at all. In addition to this, you may feel burning sensation while urinating. These symptoms suggest you are down with UTI, a very common infection which is known to affect 50% of women at some stage in their life. Men are less prone to UTI though not majorly. Though the symptoms may scare you a little bit, you can easily come out of this by using home remedies prepared with apple cider vinegar for UTI treatment.
What is UTI?
UTI or Urinary Tract Infection occurs when the urinary bladder and the fallopian tubes get infected by bacterial action. Some of the most common causes that afflict the urinary tract with bacterial infection include unprotected sexual intercourse with multiple partners, sitting tight on urination, pregnancy, diabetes, menopause, and more. You can ward off the infection by using some natural remedies with apple cider vinegar for UTI treatment at home.
- Cloudy and foul-smelling urine
- Frequent urination
- Uncontrollable urge to urinate
- Spasms in the bladder
- Blood in urine
- Burning sensation while urinating
Apart from the above symptoms, people may feel pain in the pelvis region, bladder, lower abdomen, and groin area. This pain mainly occurs during sexual intercourse or urination. However, by using apple cider vinegar for UTI, you can get rid of the pain and infection.
Why should you use apple cider vinegar for UTI?
1. Apple cider vinegar fights against bacteria
The strong antibacterial properties of apple cider vinegar thwart the bacterial action in the urinary tract and prevent the spread of infection. Apple Cider vinegar contains acetic acid which works by blocking the formation of the toxic methionine by the E. coli bacteria. It also helps in the creation of an acidic system in the urinary tract which inhibits bacterial action. Drinking diluted apple cider vinegar cures UTI by the elimination of harmful bacteria that causes the infection.
2. Apple cider vinegar cures inflammation
Apple cider vinegar is rich in anti-inflammatory properties. It contains chlorogenic acid that is able to prevent and cure internal inflammation by reducing the generation of inflammation-causing products such as cyclooxygenases, interleukins, and cytokines.
3. Apple cider vinegar cures oxidative stress
Apple cider vinegar contains chlorogenic acid that is known for its excellent antioxidant properties. It can fight against toxic free radicals and protect the urinary tract against infection and inflammation caused by oxidative stress.
4. Apple cider vinegar helps the healthy bacteria
The infection in the urinary tract is caused by the attack of bad bacteria that afflict the genital region and cause pain, bleeding, sores, and infection. Apple cider vinegar contains pectin which is an excellent probiotic that assists the life and expectancy of healthy bacteria in the system. The consumption of apple cider vinegar aids in the development of sound and healthy bacteria which work to eliminate the harmful bacteria.
5. Other benefits and uses of apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps with weight loss and aids in the process of healthy digestion. Drinking apple cider vinegar on a daily basis helps to boost the energy and body immunity and thereby prevent several ailments and diseases.
Top 4 fabulous DIY remedies with apple cider vinegar for UTI treatment at home
Urinary Tract Infection can be cured with the help of apple cider vinegar mixed with other natural ingredients that are easily available and incredibly effective. Learn the following easy methods on how to use apple cider vinegar for UTI reversal.
1. Cranberry juice and apple cider vinegar
Drinking a cocktail of cranberry juice and apple cider vinegar is a remarkable way of using apple cider vinegar for UTI.
How to use
- Mash 2 cups of fresh and ripe cranberries into a juicy pulp
- Blend the cranberry pulp in an electric blender with a little water to obtain a glass of refreshing cranberry juice
- Add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to the cranberry juice and stir thoroughly to prepare a delicious solution
- Daily drink 3-4 glasses of cranberry juice mixed with apple cider vinegar for UTI treatment at home
Cranberries contain proanthocyanins which possess powerful antibacterial properties. Drinking cranberry juice stirred with apple cider vinegar helps in the inhibition of bacterial action by preventing the bacteria from adhering to the urethral lining. The antibiotic nature of cranberries gets accentuated by the addition of apple cider vinegar. The addition of apple cider vinegar to the cranberry juice helps in the maintenance of pH balance in the urinary tract and thereby neutralizing the acidic nature of urine.
[Read: Benefits of Cranberry Juice]
Do not add excess apple cider vinegar as it might trigger digestive disorders.
2. Tea tree essential oil and apple cider vinegar
Rather than sipping, you can soak in a bath of apple cider vinegar for UTI treatment.
How to use?
- Fill your bathtub with water
- Add one cup of apple cider vinegar to the bath water
- Add 10-12 drops of tea tree essential oil to that water
- Stay in this water and wash your urethra with this water
- After 10 to 15 minutes, wash your body well with water
- Follow this routine once in 3 days
The antibacterial and antioxidant nature of tea tree essential oil gets enhanced by the addition of apple cider vinegar. Tea tree essential oil helps to inhibit bacterial action and cure inflammation and infection of the urinary tract. The above procedure reduces the pain associated with UTIs. This home remedy is an impressive way of using apple cider vinegar for UTI cure at home.
Conduct a patch test to make sure that your skin is not allergic to tea tree essential oil. Dilute the tea tree essential oil before applying it to the skin.
3. Green tea and apple cider vinegar
Drinking a punch of green tea and apple cider vinegar helps in increasing the volume and frequency of urination. This home remedy is a popular way of using apple cider vinegar for UTI.
How to use?
- Take a glass jar and add apple cider vinegar, green tea bags, cinnamon stick, and water
- Cover the jar and leave it overnight to infuse
- Boil the mixture in a saucepan and as soon as it begins to boil, turn off the heat.
- Let it cool before adding some honey. Stir the honey well
- Drink the concoction in your favorite mug
Drinking 2 to 3 cups of green tea and ACV brew reduces bladder inflammation. Green tea contains specific antioxidants and other components which trigger antimicrobial activity in UTIs. The combination of green tea and apple cider vinegar for UTI treatment is a must-try.
Pregnant and breastfeeding ladies should limit to 2 cups as green tea contains caffeine.
4. Lemon juice and apple cider vinegar
Drinking an infusion of lemon juice and apple cider vinegar assists in the cure of UTI. This home remedy is a fabulous way of using apple cider vinegar for UTI.
How to use?
- Take a teaspoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of baking soda and mix them to a cup of water
- Boil the decoction for a few minutes
- Drink it thrice a day to cure UTI
The rich content of vitamin C in lemon juice inhibits bacterial action and cures the urinary infection quickly. Apple cider vinegar helps in the natural treatment of urinary tract infection by neutralizing the acidity of the urinary tract.
As soon as you encounter the symptoms of UTI, follow through with the home remedies prepared by apple cider vinegar for UTI treatment and heave a sigh of relief. The home remedies are quick in acting on you and impressively effective. The anti-inflammatory compounds present in apple cider vinegar reduce your pain and discomfort like a magic wand. Drink plenty of water throughout the day and stick to a balanced diet to keep your urinary tract cleansed. Maintain cleanliness and proper hygiene to keep such urinary diseases at bay.