A healthier you reflects outside on your skin, especially on your face. Though we all are blessed with beautiful skin and look, with time and age that natural beauty starts to fade away and leaves your face with dark spots, blemishes, acne and other skin issues. The polluted environment and increased lifestyle stress further add to the trouble accelerating the skin aging and making you look old and weary.
Your face tells a lot about your health, let it reveal your robust side, not your age lines. If you are done with using chemically loaded cosmetics that provide little help, then try using apple cider vinegar on the face. It will give you a beautiful look with healthy and glowing skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar on face
Apple cider vinegar has lately become quite famous for its amazing healing properties that can help cure numerous health conditions. Further, it is also well known to treat various skin issues. This magical remedy is nothing but the fermented apple juice. Fresh apples are squeezed to release the juice which is then stored for fermentation. Yeast and bacteria act on the kept juice, first converting it to alcohol and then to dark, thick liquid known as apple cider vinegar. This viscous liquid with an identifiable pungent taste possesses some potent properties which make it an excellent remedy for beautiful face sans any imperfections.
Why should you use Apple Cider Vinegar on Face?
Apple cider vinegar can give you beautiful and glowing skin. Here are the reasons as to why you should use it on the face.
- Apple cider vinegar to clear acne, pimples, and blemishes: Those suffering from acne troubles can use apple cider vinegar on the face and can ease their problems. It not only heals the pimples and reduces the redness and inflammation associated with acne but also prevents future break-outs. It is because apple cider vinegar contains malic acid which has potent antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties that effectively fights off the bacteria on your skin, thus preventing acne(1).
- Apple cider vinegar can effectively reduce age spots: Apple cider vinegar is known to contain alpha hydroxyl acids that can effectively remove the dead skin cell layer to reveal the healthy and youthful skin beneath. Your outer skin layer gets damaged due to various external and internal factors. Thus it looks dull and is vulnerable to aging which can be seen in the form of the development of age spots. Using apple cider vinegar on face regularly will effectively diminish the appearance of age spots and give you bright and beautiful skin.
- Apple cider vinegar can also prevent wrinkles and fine lines: Skin aging also leads to the development of lines and wrinkles on the face that make your face look much duller. Use apple cider vinegar that tones your skin and improves its elasticity thus effectively minimizing the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Apple cider vinegar can balance the pH of your skin: Excessive oiliness or dryness isn’t good for your skin. Both conditions can lead to various skin troubles. To evade them you can use apple cider vinegar that balances the pH of your skin and keeps a check on the production of the sebum.
- Apple Cider Vinegar can heal sunburn: Often the fun picnics and adventures outdoors end up giving you red, irritated skin which is nothing but the harmful effect of sun rays on your skin. If you often suffer from sunburns (2), then apple cider vinegar is your savior. Applying it on the sunburned skin several times in a day can improve your skin.
- Apple cider vinegar can remove toxins from your face: Yes apple cider vinegar can help in eliminating the toxins accumulated on your face that cause skin aging thus revealing your healthy and beautiful skin. Further, its soothing effect calms your stressed and irritated skin giving you a vibrant glow.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar On The Face?
You will be quite surprised by the revelation that a single product can solve so many troubles of yours. But, yes it is true. Apple cider vinegar can solely achieve what so many cosmetics together are not able to do. So what are you waiting for, buy a bottle of apple cider vinegar for yourself right now? But how are you going to use it? Listed below is the method for using apple cider vinegar on the face to treat various skin troubles.
How to use?
- Mix apple cider vinegar and water in the ratio 1:2
- Soak a cotton ball in the solution
- Apply the mixture on your face using the cotton ball
- Leave it for about ten minutes
- Wash your face your face with warm water
Benefits of using Apple cider vinegar on face
Topical application of diluted apple cider vinegar on the face gives you beautiful and glowing skin brimming with vitality. It soothes your skin, slows down the aging process, maintains the pH level of it and keeps your skin surface dust and oil free. Further, the potent antimicrobial activity of it prevents any skin infections. Thus, apple cider vinegar is undoubtedly a magical remedy for your skin.
[Read Also: Coconut Oil for Face ]
Other Ways to use Apple Cider vinegar on face
Following are some other methods to use apple cider vinegar on the facial skin.
1. Soothe irritated skin with apple cider vinegar and aloe vera gel
- Add two tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar in a teaspoon of freshly extracted aloe vera gel(3)
- Add two cups of water into it
- Mix all the ingredients to get a uniform mixture
- Apply it on your face with a cotton ball
- You can also store it in a spray bottle and use it when required
Aloe vera gel also has a soothing effect that calms your irritated skin. Further, the anti-inflammatory properties of it kill the acne-causing bacteria that may irritate your skin.
2. Make apple cider vinegar and sugar scrub to exfoliate your skin
Exfoliation is necessary for healthy skin. It helps in the removal of dirt, dead skin cells and opens up the clogged pores. Here is how you can make an effective scrub using apple cider vinegar.
- Add a teaspoon of green tea in half a cup of boiling water
- Let it infuse and after that strain the mixture and allow it to cool
- Next, add to it a teaspoon each of apple cider vinegar and honey
- Also, add in five teaspoons of sugar granules
- Mix them well
- Apply this mixture on your face while gently massaging
- Let it dry and then wash off
It is a fantastic way to exfoliate your skin. Also, the antioxidants present in green tea help in removing the toxins to give you healthy skin.
[Read: Health Benefits of ACV]
3. Use apple cider vinegar with baking soda to clear acne
This remedy exfoliates your skin removing the dead skin cells and unclogging the pores.
- Add two tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar in three tablespoons of baking soda
- Mix them well and apply the paste evenly on your face
- Leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off
- Follow it up with a moisturizer
It helps in balancing the pH of your skin killing off the bacteria and other microbes. Also, both apple cider vinegar and baking soda have anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the skin and reduce the inflammation and redness caused due to acne breakouts.
Word of caution
Though apple cider vinegar is highly beneficial for your face and skin, there are certain precautions that you must follow while using apple cider vinegar on the face.
- Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic and can burn your skin if used directly. Hence, it is necessary to dilute it. Those with sensitive skin must do a skin patch test with diluted apple cider vinegar before using it on their face.
- The commercially available apple cider vinegar is mostly filtered and does not contain the mother of apple cider vinegar which is the nutrient dense part of it. Hence, if possible try purchasing raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with its mother intact.
- Do not use apple cider vinegar on open cuts or wounds as it is highly acidic and will result in intense pain.
A happy and glowing face full of vitality is possible in the stressed lifestyle of today. Use apple cider vinegar on the face and get a healthy and confident skin free of any skin issues. The dark liquid is like a magic potion for your skin that can resolve its every trouble ranging from aging, dryness, to acne and other infections. Add it to your beauty regime, and you will no longer need those chemical products that cause irreversible damage to your skin.