Almond is one of the most nutritious oil that offers maximum health benefits when compared to any other oil. The nutty aroma associated with this oil serves several culinary purposes. It’s beneficial to skin, hair, and overall health in innumerable ways.
Of all, Almond oil benefits the skin as it is packed with vitamins and minerals. Some researchers indicate that almond oil is useful in treating a ruptured eardrum or tympanic perforation.
100 g of this oil has the following nutrition value
|Saturated Fat||8.2 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||0 g|
1. Packed With Antifungal Properties
2. May Improve Cardiac Health
It reduces heart disease as it has monounsaturated fats that help to lower the LDL levels in the body while increasing the good cholesterol(1) in the body.
- The monosaturated fats play a vital role in the body as they prevent the clotting of arteries and the hardening of arterial walls.
- The American Heart Association states that along with this oil, the diet must have saturated fats, like fatty beef, pork, lamb, cheese, butter, etc.
- A diet rich in monosaturated fatty acids lowers the blood pressure levels.
3. Almond Oil for Skin
The oil comprises of Vitamin E that has magical benefits on your skin. Studies show that the topical application of Almond oil helps to reduce psoriasis and eczema.
Using Almond oil for face improves the texture of the skin while also removing pigmentation and improving the complexion. Vitamin E treats acne and reduces inflammation. This oil is also recommended as it is safe for all kinds of skin.
Almond oil for dark circles renders effective results. It is more effective when mixed with a carrier oil like coconut or olive oil. You can use almond oil for your eyes as well.
4. May Treat Diabetes
A study stated that participants who had their breakfast cooked with this oil had lowered blood sugar levels. It is said that controlling diabetes almond oil does a better job than raw almonds. It lowers postprandial blood glucose levels.
Along with this, it is also needed that you follow a low sugar and a healthy diet and exercise regularly.
5. Treats Cradle Cap in Newborns
Cradle cap is a widespread condition that exists in newborn babies. It is accompanied by brownish-yellow scaly patches on the scalp. Studies state that using almond oil treats the symptoms of cradle cap in babies. This oil nourishes the scalp and boosts brainpower, too.
6. Heals Ear Infections
Did you know that Almond oil is a natural solution to treating earwax? Almond oil for Ear Infections is effective. Just put a few drops of the oil to soften the ear wax. You can an earbud to remove the wax.
7. Promotes Digestion
It has had a reputation to heal the gut. It improves the digestive system by making bowel movements smooth.
A study stated that almond oil is efficient in treating idiopathic pruritis, which is a condition that is described with irritation in the anal region, mostly in adults. A study mentioned that this oil-treated 93 % of patients in the first trial while the second lot experienced relief after the second treatment.
This oil helps to treat IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) as well.
8. Moisturizes Hair
A lot of new moms swear by the benefits of almond oil that have helped them to deal with postpartum hair fall. As it is rich in Vitamin E., it improves the quality of the hair. It keeps the hair detangled and boosts hair growth.
Vitamin E present in this oil reduces the risk of alopecia(2) by reducing the oxidative stress in the scalp and boosts hair growth. It keeps the scalp moisturized and reduces dandruff. But more research is required in this context.
[ Read: Almond Oil for Hair Growth ]
9. May Aid Weight Loss
You can lose body fat by following a diet that is rich in monosaturated and polyunsaturated fat. The weight loss process speeds up when you add almond oil to a diet.
How to Use Almond Oil As a Beauty Routine
- You can use it by adding it to another carrier oil and massaging it to your hair.
- You can mix it with some vinegar and add it over some salad dressing.
- You can add it to any of your favorite recipes to give it a nutty flavor.
- Avoid using this oil for cooking. The smoke point of the oil is very high and is not considered a cooking oil.
- Pregnant women must strictly avoid it as it can cause preterm birth in them.
- Consuming this oil can lower blood glucose levels.
- If you are allergic to nuts or almonds, it may trigger allergic reactions.
Almond oil offers magnificent benefits like boosting brain development in children, improving immunity and building strong bones. However, do not miss out on consulting your doctor before using this oil to treat any existing disease as it may interact with other medications.
[ Read: Almond Oil for Acne ]
1. Does almond oil lighten lips?
Using this oil with 1 tsp of lime juice will help to lighten dark lips.
2. Can this oil cause pimples?
If you have very oily skin or sensitive skin, you must be careful as it may lead to pimples. Don’t leave it overnight if you have oily skin.