Dark circles are dark blemishes under the lower eyelids and are very common among many adults. Known causes of such conditions are mostly insomnia, the strain on eyes, allergies, age, and fatigue. Treatment for dark circles also depends on what’s causing it.
The best part about dark circles is, if you’re looking at an inexpensive way of treating this, you can do so by using almond oil for dark circles.
Almond oil is known for its benefits on hair and skin. Often used in many beauty products, it’s best to use almond oil for under-eye dark circles. It has hypoallergenic properties and is an excellent source of Vitamin E, which works as an effective antioxidant. It works like a miracle when used for under-eye dark circles.
- It has been used in beauty products and for health benefits for ages.
- Since it’s a hypoallergenic oil, it is also used for treating skin conditions like eczema and dry skin.
- Another less known fact of Almond oil is, it is rich in Zinc, thus leading to healthy and long nails.
Different Ways of Using Almond Oil for Dark Circles.
Since Almond oil is rich in vitamins and contains hypoallergenic properties, it can be used as one of the best home remedies for treating dark circles. By using almond oil with the mentioned ingredients and in a proper way, you can remove your dark circles easily.
How to Apply Almond Oil on Dark Circles?
There are various ways to apply your best almond oil for under-eye dark circles.
1. Almond Oil with Milk Powder
Milk powder(1) is rich in vitamins like Vitamin A, D, E and K. Milk reduces the bagginess under the eyes and tightens the skin. The combination of milk and almond oil works great because they help in lightening the skin tone and add a glow to the face.
Things you’ll need
- Almond oil- 1 tsp
- Milk powder- 1 tsp
- Mix the milk powder and almond oil to a smooth paste. The paste must be thick so that it can be applied well under eyes.
- Let this paste dry for ten to fifteen minutes and then wash it with fresh water.
- Repeat this daily before sleeping.
2. Aloe Vera and Almond oil
Aloe Vera is the main ingredient in most skin products because of the natural benefits it has on the skin. Aloe vera and almond oil for dark circles is a great combination and efficient as well.
Things you’ll need
- ½ tsp aloe Vera gel
- ½ tsp almond oil
- Mix both the ingredients well. Make sure the Aloe Vera gel is freshly extracted or use an organic version of the Aloe Vera gel if it is store-bought. Once you’ve mixed it to a fine texture, apply it under your eyes using a cotton ball.
- Keep it for thirty minutes and then clean your face. Repeat this step twice daily for effective results.
[Also Read: Coconut Oil for Treating Dark Circles ]
3. Rosewater and Almond Oil
Rose water works as a great toner, and moisturizer. It is beneficial in eliminating dark circles from under the eye zone. It also helps in skin lightening and removing scars.
Things you’ll need-
- Almond oil- ½ tsp
- Rosewater-1/2 tsp
- Eye Pads or cotton
- Put all these ingredients together and blend them well since it’s a flowy texture; it’s best to apply it with a cotton ball or use an eye pad.
- Let this paste dry on your face for half an hour and then wash it. Apply twice daily and see the magic happen.
[Read: Coconut Oil for Eyelashes]
4. Honey and Sweet Almond Oil
Honey is known for its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps in removing blemishes(2) from the skin and also makes it supple and soft. Almond oil for dark circles with honey gives the best results to prevent it.
Things you’ll need
- Almond Oil – ½ tsp
- Organic Honey-1/2 tsp
- First, take a bowl and mix both the components until it forms a smooth mixture. Use the tip of your fingers and apply under the eyes.
- You can keep it overnight or wash after an hour with cold water. Repeat this procedure thrice weekly for best and immediate results.
5. Lemon Juice and Almond Oil
Lemon helps in skin lightening and works as a bleaching agent. It is rich in Vitamin C and works wonders when it is mixed with almond oil. This mixture helps in healing the skin and removing dark pigmentation under the eye.
Things you’ll need:-
- Lemon Juice- ½ tsp
- Almond Oil- 1/2 tsp
- Cotton balls
- Firstly, pick a fresh lemon and extract the juice and keep aside. Take 1/ tsp of organic almond oil and mix it with lemon juice. Stir continuously to blend well. Apply with a cotton ball as it could drip. Keep it overnight.
- For better results, it is best applied before sleeping. You must not do this during the day as it might react to Sun.
[Also Read: Essential Oils for Dark Circles]
Precautions To Be Undertaken
- Always do a patch test before application of almond oil on your skin.
- Never go out in the sun after applying almond oil.
- Make sure you’re using a pure version of almond oil to yield the best results.
- Consult a dermatologist if you experience any severe burning, itching or rashes after using almond oil for dark circles.
It is always best to get almond oil uses for dark circles since it is available and affordable. It is a natural ingredient that makes it healthier for skin and also doesn’t harm the sensitive areas around the eyes. Almond oil has several benefits that are best utilized when applied for treating dark circles.
1. Is almond oil effective in removing dark circles?
It is best to use almond oil for dark circles because of its properties that help in reducing pigmentation and helps in skin tightening as well.
2. Can almond oil cure dark circles permanently?
Yes. Repeated usage of almond oil show you results in as early as two weeks.