White kidney beans are full of proteins and essential starch content, which you can consider to be included in your healthy diet. It must be surprising, but it’s true! You can gain a lot of white kidney beans benefits and lead a healthy lifestyle.
White kidney beans are very popular in Italian cuisine. The other name of white kidney beans is Cannellini beans. They not only add texture to your soups, stews, and salads but also commit high nutritional benefits.
An extended study was conducted for more than three weeks, which included six non-insulin dependent diabetic patients. The selected people had some amount of white bean inhibitor, which reduced the increase in the postprandial plasma glucose by the quantity of more than 30%.
It is a dose of 4 to 6 g of the content with every meal. The conclusion was that there were noticeable declinations in postprandial glucose, insulin, C-peptide and gastric polypeptide. Also, it comes along with a significant increment in the amount of hydrogen excretion through the breath.
Did You Know!
White Kidney Beans and Red Kidney Beans: Know the Difference
There is a lot of difference between the white kidney beans and the red kidney beans except the fact that they are of different colors.
The red kidney beans are the most common ones and have a dark red coat with a glossy appearance. It is majorly a constituent in various recipes, whereas the white ones are basically used in salads and stews. The red kidney beans have different potency as compared to the white ones. It takes more time to cook the red kidney beans as compared to white ones.
While the white ones carry a variety of different vitamins and minerals, the red ones are an excellent source for the consumption of different types of Vitamin B and Vitamin K.
White Kidney Beans Benefits to Boost Your Health
Here are some incredible white kidney beans (Cannellini Beans) benefits –
1. Helps Fight Cancer
White kidney beans are rich in anti-oxidants. The anti-oxidants help in destroying the free radicals that can cause cancer.
2. Facilitates Digestion
Legumes like white kidney beans have a high amount of dietary fiber that can improve your digestion with enough absorption of nutrients.
3. Maintains Heart Health
The white kidney beans have Vitamin B9, also called Folic acid that can help in maintaining good heart health. They lower the risk of heart attacks.
4. Promotes Mental Health
The thiamine or Vitamin B1 in the white kidney beans helps in improving mental health. Vitamin B1 is also responsible for enhancing memory.
5. Controls Blood Sugar Level
The white kidney beans are highly effective in maintaining the proper blood sugar levels in the body. They can be the right choice for people who have diabetes.
6. Provides Clear Skin
It prevents the occurrence of blemishes on the skin and also acts as one of the best ways to avoid the formation of wrinkles on the face.
7. Helps Lose Weight
Consumption of white kidney bean extract is an effective way to lose weight, as it blocks some of the carbohydrate absorptions.
8. Provides Vitamins and Minerals
It contains enough number of vitamins and minerals as per the requirement of the body, which facilitates the functioning of various organ systems.
Delicious Recipes of White Kidney Beans
Here are some delicious recipes that include white kidney beans and offer the right quantity of essential nutrients, as per the requirement of the body. These recipes take lesser time to get prepared and have a soulful taste. All you need is a handful of ingredients to prepare these yummy dishes. Some of the favorite recipes are –
Mashed Potatoes with Garlic and White Beans
- Ten to twelve large red organic potatoes
- Three to three and a half cups of cooked white beans
- One-fourth cup of soy-free butter spread
- Two tablespoons of almond milk ( with no sweetness)
- Four to five cloves of garlic
- One teaspoon of sea salt
- One-fourth teaspoon of paprika
- Herbs and seasoning
- Black pepper, as per the taste
- Wash and clean the potatoes and cut them all into large chunks. Remove the peels if you want to do so. Cook the potatoes for a period of 30 to 35 minutes.
- Once the potatoes become soft and tender, drain all the water and place the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Grind the garlic finely into small pieces in the food processor. Add the rinsed beans along with the paprika and salt, and process altogether until smooth.
- Mash the potatoes with the help of a masher. Add milk along with the soy-free butter and keep mashing until the mixture gets smooth.
- Mix the potatoes and white kidney beans. Add the seasonings and black pepper in the mixture.
- Serve the dish with ketchup, salsa, and any BBQ sauce.
White Bean and Broccoli Pasta
For Lemon Tahini Sauce
- One-fourth cup of Tahini
- One large garlic clove
- Half cup of water
- Two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- One-eighth teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- One tablespoon of minced parsley
- Salt and pepper, as per the taste
- Pasta as per the choice
- One pound broccoli
- One can (15 ounces) of white beans
- salt and pepper, as per the taste
- Prepare the Tahini sauce by adding all the ingredients using a blender or food processor and mix everything.
- Boil the pasta first. Cook the pasta and broccoli in the pan and add Tahini sauce in it.
- Mix everything and add the seasonings for taste.
Does White Kidney Beans Promote Weight Loss?
In today’s world, health is the most critical entity to acquire, and white kidney beans are one among the various beneficial options, that can help in reducing weight and maintaining health.
The white beans provide sufficient amounts of fiber, protein and different essential vitamins. These nutrients reduce the capacity of calorie absorption in the body. Hence, they can play a significant role in weight loss.
Possible Side Effects of White Kidney Beans
There are minimal side effects of white kidney beans. However, it can be dangerous for diabetic patients, as it can make blood sugar levels extremely low. There is still no confirmation regarding Phaseolus vulgaris supplements for pregnant women too. You should consult a doctor about the conditions and the effects of white kidney beans on them, before consuming the white beans.
White kidney beans benefits are countless and are very popular for their advantages in the health sector. As proved above, the white kidney beans are highly nutritious, and they also help in reducing the weight naturally and organically. You can enjoy the white kidney beans in any of your desirable ways. Try out the delicious recipes that include these beans.