Ever head out to the beauty salon wondering, “But I just need my upper lip hair removed?” Well, if you’re startled at the cost of plucking a few hairs from your skin, it’s time to take action. Don’t let your upper lip hair bring you down.
Find a solution that works, is permanent and not out of reach or unworkable. Try natural remedies for these can be the answer to this hairy problem. Various expensive products help in getting rid of lip hair, too. So why should you go Au Naturelle? The reason is simple.
It’s quicker, simpler, and more affordable. Hormonal imbalances in the ladies can cause upper lip hair to grow more than usual. Delving into home remedies work wonders for removing top lip hair. Hirsutism or unwanted female hair growth can be especially embarrassing. Rather than trying expensive cosmetic preparations, home remedies can work better.
Get Rid of that Fuzz with These Remedies
1. Turmeric and Milk
- One tablespoon milk or water
- One turmeric tablespoon
- Mix the water and milk with turmeric powder and apply it on the upper lip.
- Leave it on for half an hour.
- Once it is hardened, rub it off gently and wash it off.
- Carry out this routine once every few days for some weeks.
Turmeric powder(1) has been used as an ingredient in skincare products. It cleanses the skin, beautifies it, and ensures a healthy glow. Milk also benefits the skin when lactic acid content triggers skin exfoliation. Amino acids further moisturize it. This combination helps to remove upper lip hair naturally. Milk should not be used in this remedy if one is allergic to dairy.
[Read: Turmeric For Facial Hair Removal]
2. Egg White
- One egg white
- One teaspoon cornflour
- One teaspoon sugar
- Take the egg white and add it with sugar and cornflour.
- Whisk this mixture till it forms a consistently thick and sticky paste-like substance.
- Apply this natural paste on your upper lip area.
- Let it dry for thirty minutes and peel it off.
- Repeat these two times a week. Within a month, hair growth reduces.
Egg whites are another upper lip hair remedy. This natural remedy contains healing ingredients that soothe the skin while dislodging hair from follicles with enzymes contained.
3. Gram Flour
- One tablespoon gram flour
- A single turmeric pinch
- Some water
- Mix the flour with some water and turmeric.
- Blend this well, apply on the upper lip, and let it dry.
- Scrub it off against hair growth direction.
- This remedy needs to be applied to upper lip areas two times per week.
Gram flour is a perfect ingredient for removing unwanted hair. It is also a powerful skin exfoliant.
[ Read: Gram Flour Face Pack ]
4. Sugar and Lemon Juice
- Two tablespoons of sugar
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- One soft cloth piece
- Take sugar and heat it in a saucepan, and then add the lemon juice.
- Stirring it till it forms a thick liquid is the next step.
- When it cools down, apply the paste on the upper lip region.
- Take a cloth piece and put it over the applied paste.
- Then, it needs to be rubbed in circular motions.
Once it dries, pull it off quickly, pulling hair in the opposite direction.
- This natural home remedy should be used whenever required.
Sugar is well-known as an ingredient for painless removal of hair removal. It not only erases unwanted hair but prevents growth as well.
[Read: Remove Ingrown Hair Naturally]
5. Yogurt, Turmeric + Gram Flour
- One teaspoon gram flour.
- One teaspoon curd
- A single turmeric pinch
- The yogurt, gram flour, and turmeric need to be placed in a bowl.
- It should be mixed well.
- The paste should be applied on the upper lip area.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes.
- Rub it off in a gentle way.
- Wash this area with cold water.
- The paste should be applied twice and week and rinsed off till upper lip hair growth is not noticeable.
Gram Flour, Yogurt, and Turmeric combine to form a fantastic mixture. When scrubbed, it takes the unwanted hair off the upper lip. These ingredients absorb all the particles clogging skin pores. Upper hair loosens in the follicles, because of this.
[Read: Remedies to get rid of Lip Lines]
6. Wheat Flour
- One tablespoon wheat flour
- One tablespoon of milk
- A pinch of turmeric
- Mix each of these ingredients to form a thick mixture.
- Apply it on the upper lip area and let it dry.
- Once dried, the mask should be slowly peeled off.
- Rinse the region with water.
Use this hair removal pack 3-4 days for the best outcomes. This natural option is among the best upper lip hair removal remedies. Applying this pack loosens the hair follicles(2). Hair can be removed when the mask is peeled off.
7. Sugar Waxing
- Four chamomile tea bags
- Two tablespoons sugar
- Two tablespoons lemon juice
- Some water
- Waxing strip
- Popsicle stick
- Take the chamomile tea bags and place these in a saucepan.
- Pour water into the saucepan and boil the tea bags.
- Once it boils, remove the saucepan.
- The tea bags need to be steeped for thirty minutes.
- Throw the tea bags and pour out half a teacup.
- Then, pour the water into the saucepan.
- Add water to the chamomile tea extracted.
- Add sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir well.
- Heat the paste till it boils. It should simmer for some minutes.
- Wait till the color turns darker.
- Now, remove the saucepan and transfer the mixture to another bowl.
- Let the sugar wax cool down. Don’t apply this, when hot, on the skin.
- Use a popsicle stick to spread over the upper lip.
- Apply a waxing strip and hold it for some seconds.
- Pull it off in a direction opposite to the hair growth.
Depending on the speed of hair growth, this remedy needs to be used. Hair should grow to the complete length before waxing, so all can be taken off at once. The stickiness of the sugar paste pulls the hair from the follicles, slowing down growth through multiple uses. Chamomile tea bags are beneficial as chamomile is anti-inflammatory and a skin moisturizer.
8. Lemon and Honey
- 0.5 tablespoon lemon juice.
- One tablespoon honey.
- Warm water
- Apply the mixture of honey and lemon juice on the upper lip area.
- It needs to be left on for 15-20 minutes.
- Soak the washcloth in lukewarm water.
- Wring out excess water and gently wipe off honey-lemon paste.
- Rinse the face with water.
Carry this procedure out 2-3 times per week. This home remedy for upper hair removal works as a mild wax, pulling out hair from follicles. Hair remains bleached by vitamin C of lemon juice. Hair, therefore, becomes too light to notice.
[Read: How to Get Dead Skin Off Lips]
9. Potato Juice
- Two tablespoons of yellow lentils
- One tablespoon of potato juice.
- One teaspoon honey.
- One tablespoon lemon juice.
- Some water
- Soak lentils in water for 12 hours.
- Strain these in the morning and grind them with lemon juice and fresh potato juice from grated potato.
- This paste needs to be mixed with honey.
- It then applies on the upper lip, letting it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Once it dries, scrub off the paste.
- Wash the face using water.
- Apply the hair removal mask on the face, too, if you need it.
- This remedy works best if used twice per week.
Like many of the remedies, this pack unclogs the pores and pulls hair from the upper lip when scrubbing off from the skin. Potato juice acts as a hair bleaching agent using the blend.
10. Corn Flour and Milk
- One teaspoon cornflour.
- Two teaspoons milk
- The paste needs to be mixed and applied on the upper lip.
- Let the paste dry and peel the mask off.
- Repeat this 2-3 times per week.
This works because cornflour and milk combine to stick on the skin firmly. When peeled off, it removes the hair.
These remedies help in erasing upper lip hair in ways that are more effective than shaving it. Waxing at salons can be expensive, too. A real problem emerges due to shaving, though. Hair becomes blunt-edged and is a real problem for a beautiful face. The upper lip can be embarrassing when natural hair thickens. These remedies can help hair to turn fainter, lighter, and thinner within weeks.