It is every woman’s strongest desire to have long, thick hair. In traditional Indian culture, massaging hair every week is precisely the reason for good quality hair. Reporting to the same routine, you can use Sesame oil for hair to change it for good. Choosing the right oil makes a whole lot of difference, and sesame oil benefits your hair in many ways. It keeps the scalp in good health, prevents dandruff, nourishes the hair, and encourages hair growth. Sesame oil is rich in Vitamin E, B complex and is known to have minerals such as magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, which helps in strengthening hair.
Continue to read to know more about sesame oil benefits for hair.
Did You Know
What Makes Sesame Oil Good for Hair?
Sesame oil is extremely rich in vitamins and minerals. It functions as an antioxidant. It is very rich in Vitamin E, which is an active ingredient in maintaining good hair and skin as well.
Sesame oil is good for hair in many ways as listed below:-
- Sesame oil prevents premature graying of hair.
- It encourage the growth of new hair.
- This oil massage helps maintain a healthy scalp.
- It also treats dandruff and itchy scalp problems.
- Sesame oil prevents bacterial and fungal infections.
- Sesame oil also acts as a coolant, thus prevents the scalp and hair from getting affected with heat.
[Also Read: Top 5 Powerful Herbs For Hair Growth]
How to Use Sesame Oil for Hair?
Here are some ideas to use sesame oil for your hair.
1. Sesame oil and Almond oil
This is one of the vastly used and effective solutions for your healthy hair.
- Mix 2 tbsp of sesame oil with 2 tbsp of almond oil.
- Massage your hair length from the roots to the tips.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and then use a hot towel to wrap your hair.
- To make a hot towel, dip towel in hot water and squeeze out the water from the towel.
- Wrap the hair with this towel for approximately 2-3 mins. Then, shampoo your hair after half an hour.
The benefits of almond(1) and sesame oil are absorbed by the scalp by the massage. Repeat twice weekly to maintain good scalp health.
2. Sesame oil and Castor oil
An excellent combination of oil is Sesame oil and Castor oil for hair growth.
- Take two drops of sesame oil and two drops of castor oil and mix well in a clean bowl.
- Apply it carefully by gently massaging the scalps and covering your entire hair.
- Keep it overnight and shampoo the next day. You can also shampoo in an hour if you have to step out.
[Read: Try Castor Oil for Thinning Hair]
3. Sesame Oil and Fenugreek Seeds for Hair
One of the most sought after remedy for dandruff is using fenugreek for hair. To get maximum benefits of using sesame oil with fenugreek seeds, here is how you can do.
- Add fenugreek seeds to sesame oil in a jar and place this jar in a pot of boiling water.
- Boil for 10 minutes and then let it cool down before application.
- Use your fingertips to massage it in your hair and leave for half an hour.
- It is best to rinse using a sulfate-free shampoo. Repeat once in a week.
4. Sesame Oil and Egg for Hair
Eggs(2) are a source of protein and protein helps in hair growth along with black sesame oil for hair that acts as a moisturizing agent and keeps the hair soft and shiny
- Take an egg and mix with 2 tbsp oil black sesame oil.
- Apply this evenly to your hair and wear a shower cap.
- Let it rest for an hour and use a mild shampoo to rinse your hair.
5. Sesame Oil and Ginger for hair
Sesame oil and ginger is a great combination to treat hair fall itchy scalp, dandruff.
- Grate ginger and extract juice from it.
- Add this juice to sesame oil and massage onto your hair.
- Let it rest for half an hour before rinsing it off.
- You can use it daily during monsoons when dandruff and hair fall increases during the change in season.
- Sesame oil is ideal and preferred oil for hair massage. It’s properties make it the best for hair growth.
- A hair care regime that includes sesame oil as an active ingredient will never leave a scope of brittle and dry hair, hair fall, and any growth.
1. How to Use Sesame Oil for Hair Growth?
The best way is to take a few drops of sesame oil on your palm and massage your hair with your fingertips. You can also use it in your hair regime by mixing it with other carrier oils or ingredients.