What plays a very crucial role in a woman’s life is her? Hair, of course! Every woman wants long, nourished hair. Some lucky women are born with envying long hair while some struggle hard to grow them. A few changes to daily life like reduced exposure to heat, styling products, usage of sulfate-free shampoos, hair conditioning of hair, and using safflower oil for hair can aid in long and healthy hair. Oil helps in conditioning and prevents dry hair. Weekly massages of safflower oil for hair will help in strengthening of hair strands and speed up growth and healthy hair. Safflower oil helps in the nourishment of hair roots as it penetrates the scalp.
Unheard Facts About Safflower Oil
Different Uses of Safflower Oil for Hair
- Safflower oil works in various ways for the hair. It prevents fatty acid deficiency as it is rich in Vitamin E, alpha-tocopherol, vitamin K, and phytosterols.
- Oleic acid is present in very high amounts that increase hair growth and improves the texture of hair. It also protects the hair, hydrates it and nourishes the roots.
- When safflower oil is massaged onto the hair, it increases the supply of nutrients to the hair follicles and provides room for hair growth.
- To grow moist and robust hair, you can also consume safflower oil orally. Vitamin E prevalent in safflower oil prevents balding and hair loss.
- Safflower oil is rich in Vitamin E & Vitamin K. Both of these are essential nutrients for healthy hair.
- Safflower oil can be used for hairstyling. The smoking point of safflower oil is equivalent to other oils used for hairstyling.
Hair Mask Using Safflower Oil for Hair
You can use safflower oil(1) for hair through various hair-masks.
1. Using it as a Serum
- Safflower oil can be used as a hair serum after a hair wash.
- Take 2-3 drops of safflower oil and apply it to slightly damp hair strands. Use a wide-toothed comb to distribute the oil evenly.
2. Safflower oil and Coconut oil Mask
This combination makes the perfect and most effective hair mask for long hair.
- Take 2 tsp of safflower oil and 3 tbsp of coconut oil. Mix them well in a clean bowl.
- Massage gently onto your scalp and evenly onto your hair.
- Leave it overnight and shampoo the next day. Repeat this step thrice weekly to see maximum benefits.
[Also Read: Coconut Oil for Hair Growth]
3. Safflower oil with Rosemary oil
Rosemary oil is known to boost hair growth. When mixed with safflower oil, rosemary increases blood circulation and boosts the flow of nutrients.
- Take 2 tsp of Rosemary oil and mix it with 3 tbsp of safflower oil.
- Gently massage onto the scalp and hair. Keep it for about an hour and shampoo.
- Do not comb wet hair as this leads to hair fall.
- Repeat this step once weekly for shiny, healthy hair.
4. Safflower oil and Vitamin E
Hot oil massage is an ancient therapy to enhance hair growth and healthy hair.
- Take 2 tbsp of safflower oil, and ten drops of vitamin E.
- Mix them well and heat the mixture over a bowl of boiling water.
- Apply to your dry hair and leave it for an hour or two.
- Use steam for your hair or just shampoo by using a deep conditioner.
[Also Read: Essential Oils for Hair Growth]
5. Safflower oil + Lemon + Castor oil
Prepare a hair mask using 2 tsp safflower oil, 1 tbsp castor oil, and 3 tbsp coconut oil.
- Squeeze half of a lemon and add to this mixture.
- Mix these all ingredients very well and apply it to your hair.
- Massage your scalp gently so that the oil is spread evenly.
- This oil nourishes your hair like no other hair mask. Rinse after an hour.
- Repeat twice weekly and see your hair length increase.
- A diagnosis for hair-fall must be made.
- Underlying conditions like thyroid, post-partum causes hair-fall and prevents hair growth needs medical intervention.
- Always do a patch test before making a hair mask with safflower oil.
- Watch your symptoms after applying safflower oil. If you were to notice any itching, balding or redness, stop using immediately.
Safflower is beneficial for its anti-inflammatory properties. Although used for cooking purposes, it is also used extensively in the beauty sector. Safflower oil works for the skin as well. However, continued and regular use of safflower oil for hair can lead to hair growth. Along with an external application, you must maintain a healthy diet that gives your body all the minerals and vitamins.
1. How Frequently Should I Use Safflower Oil for Hair?
Make a hair mask with safflower and coconut oil and repeat it on alternate days. There are other ways also to apply safflower oil, but best applied twice weekly. Depending on what hair mask you make, the frequency depends. The frequency depends on the ingredients of your hair mask.