Have you ever observed any behavioral or minor bodily movement defect in your near and dear ones? If yes then immediately caution that person and guide them on how to prevent Parkinson’s disease. But now you must be wondering what Parkinson’s disease is? With such a weird name, Parkinson’s disease is a condition where the nerve cells break down or die.
It leads to a reduction in dopamine levels thus resulting in abnormal brain functioning and hurts your entire body. Your gene is what causes Parkinson’s disease. Also, there are other environmental triggers such as exposure to particular toxins. Some of the Parkinson’s disease symptoms include tremor usually starting with your limbs, slowness in movement, muscle rigidity, speech issues and difficulty in writing.
Now, are you thinking about Parkinson’s disease genetic effects? Or do you fear the Parkinson’s disease hereditary outcomes? Well, there are no specific reasons for what causes Parkinson’s disease. The Parkinson’s disease prognosis shows that it is life-changing.And since the reasons are unknown, it is also termed as idiopathic Parkinson’s disease.
The Parkinson’s disease brain damaging ability might scare you, but you need to take a deep breath for we are here to prevent it altogether. You need to first focus on how to avoid or how to prevent Parkinson’s disease rather than how to cure it.
Five Natural Remedies on How to Prevent Parkinson’s Diseases
With the Parkinson’s disease stages beginning from stage 1-showing mild symptoms to stage 5-almost paralyzing the person, we recommend some natural remedies on how to prevent Parkinson’s disease condition:
How to prevent Parkinson’s diseases with the help of Foods?
Food should be an answer to how to prevent Parkinson’s disease.
- Dark ChocolatesYou can prevent the Parkinson’s disease dementia with your favorite dark chocolate. It releases a huge amount of dopamine that is good for your brain. Parkinson’s disease demands you to eat dark chocolate that too without any regrets
- The dark chocolate helps to release dopamine which is essential for a healthy brain
- Foods to eat:
- Foods rich in vitamin B
- Folic acid – broccoli, spinach, asparagus, okra, and collard greens, Brussels sprouts, avocado, and legumes and lentils
- Foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids – fish – mackerel, salmon and cod, pastured eggs and walnuts
- Vitamin D3 – animal fat of herbivorous animals
Eating vegetables rich in vitamin B folic acid can alleviate the risk of Parkinson’s disease. Also, omega 3 fatty acids are known to prevent degeneration and death of cells.
- Foods to avoid:
- Soybean bean products
- Fermented cabbage such as kimchi and sauerkraut
- Aged cheeses
- Air-dried meats
How to prevent Parkinson’s disease with the Herbal Ways?
One of the best remedies on how to prevent Parkinson’s disease is
- Green tea
How to use:
- Take a green tea bag and a cup of warm water
- Simply dip the tea bag in the water for 15 to 20 minutes and enjoy it
- This excellent herbal remedy is known to sustain the dopamine levels in the brain and reduce the adversity of Parkinson’s disease in case you have already diagnosed it
- While buying green tea from the supermarket, go for the high-quality brand, as some of the cheaper brands contain excess fluoride which is harmful to the brain
- Bacopa Monnieri
How to use:
- You need to have a 300mg extract of this herb each day up to 3 months
- This herb boosts the brain chemicals that aid learning, thinking, and memory
- Do not take larger doses of this herb
How to avoid Parkinson’s disease using Essential Oils?
Essential oils are another remedy for how to prevent Parkinson’s disease without any side effects.
- Helichrysum, frankincense and vetiver oil
How to use:
- Take two drops of each of these oils and mix them well
- Rub them on the temples and necklines twice a day
- Alternatively, you can put two drops of frankincense oil on the roof of your mouth
- Essential oils have proven to be beneficial in subsiding some the Parkinson’s disease symptoms
How to prevent Parkinson’s disease with the help of Supplements?Fish oil supplement
How to use:
- You can have a fish oil supplement with 1g EPA and 500mg DHA
- It will lead to better brain function
- Vitamin D supplements
How to use:
- History and science prove that Parkinson’s disease age group is generally above 50 years old. So people who are 50 and above can consume 600 IUs of vitamin D supplements daily whereas 800 IUs would be sufficient for individuals who are 70 and above
- With the help of vitamin D, the body will be able to absorb the right amount of calcium
How to prevent Parkinson’s disease with Conventional Ways?Exercise
- Practicing exercises such as yoga, walking, swimming, dancing, stretching or water aerobics are the answers to how to treat or how to prevent Parkinson’s disease symptoms
- Try to stand or sit straight and upright
- Gait training
- This training is specially meant to learn new ways to stand, walk and turn around
- Focus on heel-toe form and take large steps while walking
- The legs should be 10 inches apart to reduce the chances of falling. Practice walking to a steady rhythm
- Do not look down while walking
- Do not take too much of physical, mental or emotional stress as this leads to inflammation throughout the body
- Be careful of your head and prevent any head injury as this can lead to Parkinson’s disease
- Another essential tip on how to prevent Parkinson’s disease is to not compromise on your sleep for it can increase the chances of Parkinson’s disease
- The Parkinson’s disease progression shows that there is no cure for it, but we can always take preventive measures against the symptoms
As listed above, now you know all the possible methods on how to prevent Parkinson’s disease. Take proper precautions before proceeding with the remedies. Eat proper food which helps to control this condition. Though Parkinson’s disease is a matter of concern but not to worry as you can prevent it easily. Hope your search for how to prevent Parkinson’s disease ends here.