The wheel of a happy life can easily turn in to an unhappy one because of the physical issues.If your body doesn’t work properly, then you tend to lose everything in your life. In the same way, normal stomach pain can affect you. It can turn from mild to excruciating in just a second. It is so common that everyone deals with them once in a while. Generally, the reasons are not severe, and you don’t need to go far apart from your kitchen to find some super effective and simple Home remedies on how to relieve Stomach pain.
Read this article further to know the causes and symptoms of the stomach ache.Also, know about how to relieve stomach pain naturally with a few home and natural treatments.
What are stomach pain causes?
Stomach pain, also called abdominal pain occurs due to several reasons, most of them being non-serious and benign.
Some of the major causes of upper stomach pain and lower stomach pain in abdomen include:
- Gastroenteritis (Stomach flu)
- Abnormal growth
- Intestinal disorders.
- Acid Reflux (over acid production)
- Lactose Intolerance
- Crohn’s Disease (an inflammatory bowel disease)
- Cramps associated with menstruation are also a potential source of lower abdominal pain, but more commonly these are known to cause pelvic pain
Causes of severe abdominal pain include:
- Organ rupture or near-rupture (such as a burst appendix, or appendicitis)
- Gallbladder Stones (known as gallstones)
- Kidney Stones
- Kidney infection
What are the Symptoms of Stomach Pain?
The few noticeable symptoms of stomach pain are as below:
- Uneasiness and restless in the body
- Fever stomach pain
- Heaviness around the stomach
- Distressed stomach and improper motion routine
- Can’t keep food down for more than two days
- The stomach becomes tender to touch
- You need to urinate often or feel pain when you pee
5 Super Effective Natural Remedies on How to Relieve Stomach Pain
1. How to relieve stomach pain with the aid of foods?
Ginger helps in reducing nausea and vomiting, mainly when associated with pregnancy,surgery, chemotherapy or motion sickness.
How to use?
- Clean a small piece of ginger and grate it and extract juice
- Put a little bit of black salt
- Make small batches of it
- Consume 3-4 times a day
Ginger has amazing anti-inflammatory properties and can be enjoyed raw, cooked and sipped with hot water to help get rid of the stomach ache. These are effective in case of upper stomach pain, chronic stomach pain.
How to Use
- Cut papaya into pieces
- Sprinkle some black pepper and black salt
Papaya is incredibly beneficial for indigestion and upset stomach. Eat some papaya slices every day to help in detoxing and energizing the body.
Eat Fennel Seeds
Whether it’s indigestion or gas and swelling, fennel works wonder on how to relieve stomach pain remedies.
How to use?
- You can either drink it as a tea or chew it directly
Fennel seed reduces gas and stomach pain nausea and helps in proper digestion.
Food to Eat:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Probiotic drinks
- Cumin seeds
Food to Avoid:
- Junk food
- Spicy curries
2. How to relieve stomach pain with herbs?
How to use?
- Place 2-3 teaspoons of chamomile tea and mint leaves in your teapot
- Add 6 oz of hot boiling water over the chamomile flower and mint and leave for 5 minutes
- You can use makeshift with chamomile tea bags
Chamomile tea has some good anti-inflammatory properties and can work very well for stomach ache.
How to use?
- ½ tablespoon fenugreek seeds
- ½ teaspoon black salt
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- ½ teaspoon of Ajwain/bishop’s weed
- Mix all of them and swallow it with warm water
This mixture is a sure shot solution of stomach pain, gastric issues, and vomiting.Works wonders in curing stomach ache.
3. How to relieve stomach pain with essential oils?
Ginger essential oil
Ginger oil works incredibly well for how to relieve stomach pain. It has anti-inflammatory properties and works brilliantly to target bloating.
How to Use?
- Take a few drops of ginger oil in your palm
- Warm it a little by rubbing between your palms
- Gently massage over your belly in a clockwise direction
Ginger Oil Helps in reducing Bowel Inflammation and bloating. It is also superbly effective in stomach pain due to indigestion, gastric issues. Slight Massaging with this oil yields benefits in bloating stomach pain and stomach pain in children.
Do a small patch test before applying on the belly.
Peppermint essential oil
The menthol contained in peppermint oil is incredibly useful for how to relieve stomach pain. It is one of the best essential oils for stomach pain. If you are looking for a solution on how to relieve stomach pain,then try a few drops of peppermint essential oil combined with almond oil.
How to use?
- Mix a few drops of peppermint essential oil with a tablespoon of almond oil
- Apply the oil mixture on the stomach with gentle massaging
- Let it seep into the epidermis and soothe and hydrate your skin
Benefits of peppermint essential oil and almond oil:
The medium-chain fatty acids contained in almond oil helps to keep the skin naturally hydrated and supple. The anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine properties of almond oil and the analgesic and anesthetic properties of peppermint essential oil can cure the redness of the skin, numb the pain, dryness and itching sensation in no time. A precautionary measure for this remedy is to make sure that the oil does not enter the ears or the ear canal.
Always use the peppermint essential oil or any other essential oil by mixing it with a carrier oil. Do not apply it directly as it may cause inflammation. Doing a patch test is the best that you can do to save your skin from any damage.
Chamomile essential oil
Chamomile oil helps in reducing bowel inflammation and relaxing the cramps pain making it one of the best essential oils for bloating. It can also eliminate stomach pain gas in the intestines. It also helps to get rid of the body of parasites.
How to use?
- Take two tbsp. castor oil and mix it with twelve drops of fennel oil, ten drops of chamomile oil and eight drops of peppermint essential oil
- Massage the mixture near your belly button
- Make at least five to ten complete rotations
- Do this for a longer time if you have severe stomach pain
Because of its soothing properties, this essential oil works great in constant stomach pain and stomach pain nausea.
4. How to cure stomach pain with home remedies?
How to Use:
- Soda Lime -2 tbsp.
- Mint leaves
- Mix equal parts of Soda and water
- Add Lime and finally add black salt
- Drink immediately before the fizz settles
Soda is extremely helpful in curing acidity, inflammation, heaviness in the stomach. It works well in stomach pain gas.
Over Consumption of Soda is harmful and can cause ulcers in the stomach
5. How to relieve stomach pain with natural treatments?
Heat to Cure Distressed Stomach
Another super effective remedy to ease stomach pain is to use hot water bottles or heating pad on the stomach. It is exclusively effective in lower stomach pain and extreme stomach pains during periods.
The heat increases the flow of blood in the body and transfers the perception of pain from inside the stomach to the outside. This technique is particularly effective during period cycles and cramps.
Incorporate light yoga asanas in your daily routine after learning from a trainer. Proper exercising and light yoga helps in proper muscle functioning and help in curing chronic stomach pain
Water is the most underrated remedy to get rid of Stomach pain. But when it comes to one habit on how to relieve stomach pain,drinking a glass of warm water 8-12 times a day with some salt works very well in stomach pain gas and also softening the stool. It also helps in cleaning the body.
The natural remedies on how to relieve stomach pain are super effective whether it is in indigestion, bloating, cramps or gas issues.
When searching for natural remedies as to what’s good for stomach pain, best foods for curing stomach pain include ginger, papaya, flaxseed, and many others are effective. There are efficient essential oils wheel of oil, ginger oil, chamomile oil that work magically well in curing stomach pain gas and severe stomach pain.
Also ensure to eat small meals at a proper time, stay away from very spicy and junk food, chew your food properly,use over the counter medicines like Meftal-spas and incorporate yoga and exercise in your daily routine.
A stomach ache can get cured at home through the above home remedies. In case of Extreme Stomach pain, consult a doctor.