Have you ever heard that kissing your partner can make you ill? If yes then you must be well aware of mono. The disease is as strange as its name. But you can quickly get away with it if you will rely on these natural and homemade recipes on how to treat mono given in the article. You can adopt any of the remedies of your choice so that you don’t have to miss a chance of getting close to your partner.
What is mono?
Mono or mononucleosis is a mild disease caused by the Epstein-Barr Virus. The mono disease spreads through saliva contact or seminal contact. Mono is known as a kissing disease as kissing an infected person is one of the leading causes of mono spread.
What causes mono?
- Hepatitis A, B, or C
What are Mono symptoms?
The classic signs of mono include:
- High fever
- Body aches
- A headache
- A sore throat
How long does mono last?
Primarymono symptoms in adults last for about two to four weeks only. Most of the symptoms gradually resolve with time. In the case of mono in children, the signs are very mild.
How to treat mono with natural remedies?
Natural remedies are your best friend in getting you away from diseases. These magical solutions involve foods, herbs, and essential oils for treating purposes, and so do not hamper your health in any way. It is always advisable to indulge in natural treatments and home remedies for addressing health issues prima facie.
If these remedies do not cure your illness, then they inevitably will not worsen it in any possible way. Rely on the natural remedies given below for how to treat mono and bring your smile back.
1. How to cure mono by consuming magical foods?
Foods play an essential role in maintaining your body health. Whatever you eat or drink affects your body and mind in some or the other way. It’s good to add healthy items to your diet so that your body keeps in good condition always. The article explains some excellent foods which you can add as a powerful remedy for how to treat mono.
Avocado for how to treat mono
This tiny, green fruit is full of vital nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids which make it a perfect remedy for how to treat mono.
How to use?
You can consume avocado as a whole, or you can try the fantastic recipe given below for a delicious mono diet recipe of avocado.
- Two pieces of whole grain bread
- One ripe avocado
- Grounded black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Toast the two bread slices
- Cut open the avocado lengthwise
- Now scoop out the avocado flesh and spread it on the bread
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper, and garlic powder as per your taste
Avocado helps to increase your body immunity and keeps the cell membranes working efficiently. It also helps to reduce inflammation thus acting as an excellent remedy for how to treat mono.
Spinach has a great taste and is also full of health benefits.
How to use?
After mono diagnosis, you can increase intake of spinach to get away with mono symptoms like a mono rash and also fight against mono virus EBV.
- Six cups spinach
- Two cups chopped strawberry
- One avocado
- Half cup chopped sprouted almonds
- Chopped red onion
- Half cup extra virgin olive oil
- One tbsp honey
- One tbsp lemon juice
- One tbsp poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients of salad in a big bowl
- Take a small bowl and mix the dressing ingredients as well
- Pour the dressing into the salad bowl and mix
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving
Spinach is rich in magnesium which is a vital nutrient for your health if you are suffering from mono.
Foods to eat
These foods help to boost the immune system.
- Seasonal Fruits
Foods to avoid
These foods worsen the condition.
- Sugar-containing foods
2. How to treat mono using incredible herbs?
Mono in adults is common. You can use these herbal remedies for how to treat mono. There are numerous herbs which nature bestows upon us. However, if you want to use herbs as a potent remedy for how to treat mono, then rely on the given herbs and get away with mono-infection.
You can use this herb and get away with mono sickness.
How to use?
- Take water in a large pan and bring it to boil
- Heat some olive oil and sauté onions, garlic and ginger until you can smell the aroma
- Add the above contents to the water
- Add shiitake, broth, astragalus root, and Reishi
- Cover it and bring to simmer for at least two hours
- Shut the heat and allow to settle for two hours minimum
- Remove reishi mushrooms and astragalus
- Reheat and add pepper and salt to taste with cayenne powder
- Drink it with slow sips
It works as a potent antiviral, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory herb which allows it to act as an excellent solution for how to treat mono and also symptoms like mono tonsils.
Drink it in a bearable temperature as not to burn your tongue.
3. How to prevent mono using essential oils?
Essential oils can prove to be your perfect companion for dealing with mono and its symptoms. They are readily available in the market and are also safe for use on the body. Although there are several effective essential oils bestowed upon us by nature, some of them which will give you relief from mono sickness and mono throat infection are in the article below.Read them and get away with mono.
How to use?
- You can use thyme oil through steam inhalation
- Add two drops of thyme oil to steaming water
- Inhale the fumes of the water
Thyme oil is rich in antioxidants and antimicrobial effects. It is also one of the best essential oils for a sore throat which is a common symptom of mono.
You can use oregano oil to get away with mono quickly. Just follow the given procedure, and you are good to go.
How to use?
- Add 1-2 drops of oregano oil to a glass of warm water
- You can also mix it with warm salt water and gargle with the solution
Oregano oil helps to deal a sore throat effectively. It also boasts of antifungal and antiviral properties which makes it a perfect remedy for how to treat mono.
Eucalyptus essential oil
Eucalyptus oil serves as a terrific remedy for how to treat mono.
How to use?
- Add a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil into your diffuser
- You can also inhale fumes of eucalyptus oil by mixing ten drops of eucalyptus oil to a cup of boiling water
- Now cover your head with a towel and inhale deeply for 5-10 minutes
Eucalyptus essential oil helps to improve the immune system of the human body. It also fosters to improve respiratory circulation in the body.
General precautions to follow while using essential oils
- Always use essential oils in a diluted state
- Pregnant women and kids should use essential oils only after consultation from a doctor
- Be sure that you are using 100% pure essential oils
- If you are allergy-prone avoid using essential oils
- Always perform a patch test if you are using essential oils for the first time as a remedy for how to treat mono
4. How to get rid of mono using home remedies?
Home remedies are indeed the most accessible and most feasible solutions to mild health issues. They are easy to use and also do not leave any significant side effects on the human body. You can rely on the below home remedies to tackle mono and its symptoms.
Use apple cider vinegar
Drinking a glass of diluted apple cider vinegar can be your best solution for how to treat mono.
How to use?
- Pour one tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water
- Stir well and drink it twice each day
The acidic nature of the apple cider vinegar delivers antioxidant effects which flush away toxins from the body. It also cleanses the back of the throat. Vinegar also provides a variety of vitamins and minerals which evade the mononucleosis infection quickly.
- Never use raw apple cider vinegar for ingestion purposes
- Consult a doctor before using apple cider vinegar, if you are allergy-prone
Use coconut oil
Coconut oil serves as one of the best remedies for mono and its symptoms.
How to use?
- Take two tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil daily
- You can add extra virgin coconut oil to your salads or use it while cooking vegetables for yourself
The oil converts its lauric acid into monolaurin acidwhich kills the infection-causing virus effectively. Coconut oil also has antifungal and antibacterial properties along with healing effects which trigger the recovery process in the body.
5. How to treat mono using supplements?
You can use the given supplements to get rid of mononucleosis or mono.
How to use?
- You can purchase Vitamin C supplements from the market easily
- You can also rely on Vitamin C rich foods for the same effects. Some vitamin C rich foods include blackberries, spinach, broccoli, etc.
- Always consult a doctor about the dosage and quantity of Vitamin C intake
- Excess of vitamin C intake causes diarrhea in some people. So be cautious about it
Vitamin C speeds up the recovery process. It also provides relief from a cough.
In this world where everyone is running a race against a time we often miss to keep a check on our health. Diseases like cold, flu and mono are common, and we experience it at some point in life. However, dealing with them is as easy as getting infected from them.
This article equips you with some of the best remedies for how to treat mono so that you are not left behind in any way from your competitors. The mono incubation period is about four to seven weeks, so it might be difficult to get initial symptoms soon.
Rely on the remedies of this article and beat mono and its symptoms readily. All the solutions are natural,and so you don’t have to worry about side-effects. Adopt them and kick out mono from your life.