Do you ever feel that your heart is beating faster or slower than the average rate? Yes? Heart problems and issues are one of the greatest nightmares for anybody in this world. And people with heart palpitations know about it. Do you wonder what heart palpitations are? Here is your answer to your curious question.
Five Natural Methods for Palpitations
What are heart palpitations?
Heart palpitations are the feelings of having a fast or slow beating, pounding heart, and a fluttering heart. They are usually harmless. They may last only for a few seconds, and they occur at any time. But if we say that there are numerous foods and natural remedies on how to stop heart palpitations that can work as perfect as medicines! Surprised? Well. Read on.
What are the heart palpitations causes?
Several external and internal factors cause heart palpitations. Here area few causes listed below.
- Low blood sugar
- Stress, fear, and anxiety
- Low levels of oxygen or carbon dioxide in the blood
- Electrolyte abnormalities
- Abnormal heart valves
- Heart disease
- During pregnancy
- Strenuous exercise
- High intake of caffeine
What are the symptoms of heart palpitations?
Here a few noticeable symptoms of heart palpitations.
- Pain, pressure, and tightening in your chest
- Dizziness and fainting
- Excessive sweating
- Skipping beats
- Fluttering rapidly
- Beating too fast or slow
Tremendous natural remedies on how to stop heart palpitations?
There are numerous natural remedies and home remedies on how to stop heart palpitations. Some of them are as below. Read on.
1. How to stop heart palpitations with the help of foods?
Electrolytes play a significant role in regulating the heart rate. Intake of potassium, calcium, magnesium, and sodium-rich foods can boost the number of electrolytes. Here are a few foods that help in regulating the heart rate.
Avocado is effectively nutritious. They contain more potassium than bananas have. They get loaded with monounsaturatedfatty acids which can lower cholesterol content and triglyceride levels.
How to use?
- Take fresh avocados and cut into slices and use in regular cooking
- You can use it as a monounsaturated fatty mayo on a salad topping, or a sandwich
- Include avocados in your daily diet to have the best result on how to stop heart palpitations
Benefits of eating avocado:
If you are wondering on how to stop heart palpitations, then avocado is the best food remedy for it. Avocado is highly abundant in potassium and calcium content. It has potent anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Eventually, they boost the number of electrolytes in the body thus, triggering the brain for regular and uniform heartbeats.
How to use?
- Take 4-5 cloves of garlic and a cup of lukewarm water
- Crush a few cloves of garlic and add it in the lukewarm water
- Consume this mixture every morning
- You can also chew the garlic cloves or add them to your daily cooking also
- Consume this 2-3 times daily
Benefits of garlic:
Garlic contains compounds with powerful, potent medicinal properties that pose anti-microbial properties. It provides a compound called allicin that gives it most of its medicinal properties. Garlic helps to get rid of palpitations caused due to more intake for caffeine. Eventually, it makes you relieve from caffeine heart palpitations.
Lemon and honey
How to use?
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a glass of warm water
- Add a spoon of honey and a pinch of black pepper powder
- Mix it well and drink it twice a day
- You can also peel the lemon skin from a fresh lemon
- Add the lemon peels to the cup of lukewarm water for about 15 minutes
- Strain the water from the cup
- Add a bit of honey in it and consume after each meal
- Consume it for several days
Benefits of lemon and honey:
We all know that both lemon and honey contain anti-inflammatory and antioxidants. They help in relaxing you whenever heart palpitations are worrying you. They have a soothing effect on heart palpitations due to anxiety when lemon and honey gets consumed after eating they can eradicate the occurrence of heart palpitations after eating. It also helps to calm heart palpitations after exercise.
Foods to eat:
These foods are rich in potassium, calcium,sodium, and magnesium. It is necessary to take these foods to your daily diet to get cured of heart palpitations.
- Green leafy vegetables
- Spinach, kale, and collards.
- Oranges and other citrus fruits
- Healthy Fats
- Nuts and green beans
- Seeds and olive oil
Foods to avoid:
These foods tend to aggravate the condition even worse. It is better to avoid these foods.
- Deep fried foods
- High saturated fat
- Sweetened beverages(soda)
- Yeast processed foods
- Vegetable oil and hydrogenated oils
- Red meat
- White bread and pastries
- Processed meat (beef, pork)
Always make sure that you consume fresh fruits and vegetables. Rotten fruits and vegetables contain germs and bacteria which can aggravate the condition seriously.
2. How to stop heart palpitations with herbs?
How to use?
- Have a ½ tablespoon of cayenne pepper powder, two teaspoons of water and one teaspoon of honey
- Now add the cayenne pepper powder with water and stir well
- Add honey to this mixture
- Consume this mixture on a daily basis
- Do this at least twice a day for wondrous benefits on how to stop heart palpitations
Benefits of cayenne pepper:
Cayenne pepper is quite famous for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help to combat inflammation and infections. Cayenne acts as a stimulant on the heart muscle and smoothens out arrhythmias. It increases the overall heart health by strengthening the muscle and balancing circulation which in turn prevents you from heart palpitations during pregnancy and heart palpitations due to a cough.
Keep cayenne pepper away from eyes and nose as it can trigger irritation and inflammation in worst cases.
3. How to treat heart palpitations with essential oils?
Rosemary essential oil:
How to use?
- Add a couple of drops of rosemary essential oil in a bowl
- Add 1-2 drops of carrier oil like olive oil or coconut oil
- Apply and massage the essential oil with a carrier oil on the chest and the back
- You can add a few drops in hot water and inhale the vapor by covering your head with the help of a blanket
- Do this daily to get the best results on how to stop heart palpitations
Benefits of rosemary essential oil:
Rosemary is well known for their antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. They can give a soothing effect to the heart and calms the brain with their natural smelling effect when inhaled. It can regulate normal heartbeats. They help in relieving heart palpitations due to stress.
How to use?
- Add 6-8 drops of peppermint essential oil in a bowl of streaming how water
- Bend over the bowl and cover yourself and the bowl with blanket or towel
- Now inhale the steam with peppermint oil deeply
- Do this twice a day
Benefits of peppermint oil:
The main components of peppermint oil are menthol that is rich in natural expectorant and antispasmodic properties. It is one of the widely used essential oil to clear congestion in the heart. The steam from the peppermint oil can go right up to your lungs and heart and gives a soothing effect to your heart. They can have the best benefits for random heart palpitations.
Always make sure that before you apply the essential oils on the chest and back of your body,you add carrier oil like coconut or olive oil with them. It is because direct contact of the essential oil with skin can cause irritation or inflammation.
4. How to calm heart palpitations with home remedies?
Apple cider vinegar:
How to use?
- Add a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar to a glass of lukewarm water
- Add some honey for sweetening
- Stir it well and consume the mixture
- Consume this drink daily for good benefits on how to stop heart palpitations
Benefits of apple cider vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is a beneficial home remedy for heart palpitations and overall heart health. It is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that prevent the free radical damage of the heart. It ensures healthy functioning of heart which in turn prevents the occurrence of heart palpitations completely. Add it to your daily routine to get complete relief on vagus nerve heart palpitations and constant heart palpitations..
Make sure that the water is warm and not hot enough to burn yourself.
5. How to stop heart palpitations with natural supplements?
Fish oil supplements:
Fish oil supplements play a vital role in heart health. Fish oil supplements are rich in omega-3 fats. Fish oils that contain EPA and DHA oils are excellent supplements to stop heart palpitations. Omega-3 fatty acids are abundant in promoting heart’s health and health palpitation problem. These supplements can give unexpected results on how to stop heart palpitations.
The natural methods and home remedies for how to stop heart palpitations are discussed and are wondrously beneficial and leave no side effects on the lungs, chest, and other parts of the body. It is not a big deal to stop palpitations from the heart if you follow these natural remedies regularly. Follow these natural methods and home remedies genuinely.
While doing these remedies make sure you keep all precautions in mind to get useful results. However, if inflammation and allergies persist and become more painful over the time, make sure to consult with a physician.