With the fast-developing world, there are evolving a lot of health problems as well. Lower back pain is one of the most common problems which is enveloping the world. Lack of healthy lifestyle has led to the proliferation of hazardous health conditions. But don’t worries, this article provides you with the best natural remedies on how to relieve lower back pain to bring back happiness to your life.
What is lower back pain?
Lower back pain refers to the pain in the lumbar region or pain in the area below the ribcage. It is a universal problem, and everyone experiences it at least once in a lifetime. Lower back pain gets better with time on its own, but if left untreated can cause severe problems for the sufferer.
What are lower back pain causes?
- The lifting of a heavy object
- Movements that lay excessive stress on the low back
- Poor posture for a long period
- Sports injuries
- Infection in the right and left kidney cause lower right back pain and lower left back pain
- Lumbar herniated disc- Occurs when the jelly-like center of a lumbar disc break through the outer layer and cause irritation in the nerve root
- Degenerative disc disease- Occurs when intervertebral discs lose hydration and wear down
What are lower back pain symptoms?
- A knot in the back muscle
How to relieve lower back pain with natural remedies?
Natural remedies have surprising effects on the human body in case you are suffering from lower back pain.
1. Consumption of magical foods
Certain foods allow you to win your battle against that throbbing lower back pain which often occurs and spoils your special occasions. Include the below foods in your diet and vanish away the pain.
Garlic is a power food which boasts of several health benefits. Diallyl disulfide is a compound found in garlic which gives relief to lower back aches. Its rich anti-inflammatory properties make it a terrific solution for how to relieve lower back pain.
How to use:
- You can consume raw garlic cloves as a whole or can cook it by using in curries as an ingredient
- You can also consume a drink made of garlic. Follow the steps given:
- Crush 3-5 garlic cloves and extract their juice in a small bowl
- Add one cup of water and one tbsp. of lemon to this juice
- Mix well with a spoon and consume twice a day for best results
- Garlic often leaves a strong smell in the mouth when consumed raw
- Other essential foods to add to your diet
- Sweet potatoes
- Fish like salmon and tuna
- Spinach is helpful in case of constipation back pain
- Walnuts, flaxseeds
Foods to avoid
- Refined grains rich food like pizza and cereal
- Red meat
- Artificial sweeteners
- Vegetable oils rich in omega 6 fatty acids
- Excess of sugary foods
How to relieve lower back pain with the use of unusual herbs?
Herbs come from plants and trees and so are free from any severe side-effect in the body. They have immense potential to cure lower back pain and are hence one of the best remedies for how to relieve lower back pain. Some of the renowned herbal remedies for lower back pain treatment include:
Basil is one of the most popular herbs concerning its impressive health benefits. It serves as a storehouse of vital antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects while working as a powerful remedy for how to relieve lower back pain. Apart from this, consumption of basil leaves helps to strengthen weak muscles which in turn reduce muscle pain.
How to use:
As a syrup
- In a pan allow one cup of water to simmer
- To this add 10-15 basil leaves
- Boil the mixture for 10 minutes
As a tea
- Repeat the process mentioned above for syrup
- Now add one tbsp of lemon juice and a pinch of salt
- Strain it
Precautions to follow:
If you have back pain in pregnancy, then use basil only after consultation from a doctor or else don’t use it
If you have a low sugar level problem, then avoid taking basil leaves as this will worsen the condition
Ginger provides instant relief from sudden pain of lower back. It is easily accessible and does not pose any threat to the human body upon consumption or when used topically.
How to use:
- Take a muslin cloth and place grated ginger on it
- Immerse this cloth into a bowl of water for 30-40 seconds
- Place this on the painful area and leave it for 7-10 minutes
- Repeat the process 4-5 times a day for instant results
- How to relieve lower back pain with essential oils?
Essential oils come from aromatic plants and turn out to be one of the best remedies for how to relieve back pain.
Peppermint oil works wonderfully in giving you relief from an ailing backache.
How to use:
- Add peppermint oil and wintergreen oil to coconut oil
- Now mix them well with the back of a spoon or a straw
- Rub onto the paining joints for best results
- Always use essential oils in a diluted state
- Keep them away from kids and pets
- Use 100% pure essential oils
- Pregnant women should consult their doctor before using them
4. How to fix lower back pain with home remedies?
Our environment is full of valuable and effective things which work magically in treating many diseases. Home remedies are readily available as you don’t have to put an extra effort to use them. Here you will learn about some of the most effective home remedies on how to relieve lower back pain.
Black cumin seeds
These tiny ingredients are a storehouse of anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxing properties. Their terrific medicinal effects make them a perfect remedy for how to relieve lower back pain. The seeds also cure muscle cramps and reduce aching in muscles.
How to use:
You can prepare a home-made painkiller from black cumin seeds which is 100% natural and effective on lower back pain.
- In a pan take equal amounts of black cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, and carom seeds
- Dry roast the above ingredients for 2-3 minutes in a low flame
- Now switch the fire off and allow the mixture to cool at room temperature
- Coarsely ground the spices
- With a glass of lukewarm water take the powder as the first thing in the and last before sleeping
Turmeric is known for its extraordinary antibiotic properties which benefit the body in multiple ways. This medicinal herb boasts of an essential compound named curcumin which has excellent healing property. If you have lower back pain, then turmeric can undoubtedly be your best remedy for how to relieve lower back pain.
How to use:
You can make a helpful paste of turmeric which when massaged on the affected area will give you quick relief from pain.
- Add turmeric powder, milk, and honey to a bowl
- Mix all the ingredients well to make a paste
- Massa this paste on the lower back area for 10-15 minutes
- Always massage gently and do not put in a lot of pressure
5. How to relieve lower back pain with the use of supplements?
Certain supplements provide quick relief from severe lower back pain. They are readily available in the market.
Deficiency of Vitamin C in the body is a significant cause of lower back pain. This vital nutrient improves the bone quality and protects cells from damage. It also reduces the inflammation of lower back pain aches.
How to use:
- You can use vitamin C supplements tablets and pills
- Food items like strawberries, oranges, and kiwis are rich sources of Vitamin C, and you can consume them as well instead of pills
- Always consult your doctor for deciding the dose of the vitamin as an excess of Vitamin C can lead to kidney stones
People who suffer from lower back pain need an increased intake of omega-3 fatty acids to reduce inflammation. Fish oil is rich in omega-3 acids, and so helps to give back pain relief.
6. How to treat lower back pain with natural treatments?
Some of the best natural treatments for how to relieve lower back pain include:
Practice hamstring stretches
One of the common causes of lower back pain includes tightened hamstrings. By spending some time in practicing the below lower back exercises for hamstring will give you relief from pain. Types of hamstring exercise include:
Standing hamstring stretch
- Stand straight and bend forward with arms hanging down towards the ground
- Keep your legs straight without locking the knees
- Try to touch your toes
- Stop bending forward as soon as you feel a slight pulling sensation in the hamstring
Chair hamstring stretch
- Sit on a chair and keep another chair in front of you
- Now place one leg on the other chair kept in front
- Try to touch your toe
Precautions to follow:
- Never overstrain your body
- Standing hamstring is a complicated exercise and can stimulate spondylolisthesis and other specific conditions of the lower back
This article has given you in-depth knowledge about back pain, its causes, and symptoms. You now also are well aware of some fantastic natural and home remedies for how to relieve lower back pain.
Natural remedies work magically on the human body and also do not pose any significant threat to any body part. You can easily include them in your daily routine life.
Living a happy life is everybody’s dream, but not all are fortunate enough to lead one. If sharp lower back pain often restricts you from enjoying the best moments of your life, then do try these remedies so that you can live a happy life again with your family and friends