Congratulations! You are the employee of the year. Career is important for sure. But what aids you to give your 100 percent towards it? A fit body. And what enables you to sit upright is, of course, your spine. But what if it starts aching tremendously because of which you lose your concentration. So everyone, especially people having desk jobs, should know how to cure degenerative disc disease naturally.
What is degenerative disc disease?
Degenerative disc disease is when any changes in the spine disc cause pain(1). Lower back pain, at times, is a degenerative disc disease hereditary in nature. Drying out of water and cracks due to minor injuries are the degenerative disc disease causes. Some of its common symptoms include lower back pain, pain in the buttocks or upper thighs.
5 Remedies on How to Cure Degenerative Disc Disease Naturally
Here is a list of easy-to-follow remedies on how to cure degenerative disc disease naturally:
CURE 1: Foods
Foods to eat:
Eat your way for how to cure degenerative disc disease naturally. The best foods include:
- Green leafy vegetables such as kale and spinach
- Fiber-rich foods like artichokes
- Sources of magnesium such as whole grains, beans, fish and lean meat
- Healthy fats such as olive oil
- Calcium-rich foods such as yogurt, cheese, and milk
- Vitamin D foods like egg yolks
Foods to avoid:
Certain foods increase inflammation which you need to avoid for how to cure degenerative disc disease naturally. These include:
- Foods high on sugar
- Vegetable oil and other processed oils
- Fried foods
- Refined flours
- Artificial sweeteners
- Processed Meats
All the suggested foods are rich in fiber, calcium, magnesium and vitamin D3. Also, they help you have a healthy and nutritious meal keeping the concept of overweight at bay.
CURE 2: Essential Oils
Our age-old essential oils work the best when it comes to curing chronic degenerative disc disease
· Birch oil
How to use:
- Take 2-3 drops of birch oil
- Apply it topically on the painful areas as frequently as required
- Get back massage with this oil and use a hot compress after applying this oil so that it is absorbed well in the tissues and muscles
The use of this oil gives instant relief from pain.
· Basil oil or black pepper oil
How to use:
- Take 2 to 3 drops of either of these oils
- Apply the oil topically on the spinal area 2 to 3 times a day
This oil helps to reduce inflammation
CURE 3: Home Remedies
· Ice packs
How to use:
- Take a few cubes of ice in a cloth bag
- Apply it to the muscles that are painful after any activity
This remedy helps to control pain and inflammation and helps you on how to cure degenerative disc disease naturally.
· Heating pad
How to use:
- Take a heating pad or a hot water compress
- Apply it to the painful or tightened up muscles
- This remedy will warm up the muscles and alleviate the chances of injury during any activity
- Ice pack and heating pad remedies are particularly helpful in case of lumbar degenerative disc disease
CURE 4: Natural Remedies
- Acupuncture is one of the best-known remedies for degenerative disc disease. It is one of the proven treatments for degenerative disc disease in the neck. It helps to lessen neck and back pain, muscle aches and stiff joints
- Massage therapy is another natural treatment that people have been swearing by since ages. A good massage by an expert helps to improve blood circulation and releases the mind and body stress. This remedy works, particularly for degenerative disc disease lower back
Work on correcting your posture
- While you sit, keep your back straight and shoulders relaxed. You can take the help of a cushion behind your back to get the posture right. Also, keep your feet flat on the floor
- While walking, balance your body weight equally on both the legs. In the case of long hours of standing or walking, use low heels or flat footwear
- While sleeping, lie on the side bending your knees. Also, use a firm mattress. It will help relieve lower back pain
- While lifting any object, bend your knees and not your back. Hold it close to your body and let your legs take the weight of the object
Shed those extra kilos
- Obesity will never be in trend, neither will it benefit your health in any way. At times, overweight is the reason for your back pain and getting rid of the extra weight is an apt answer to how to cure degenerative disc disease naturally. It will help your stomach and back relax
- Everyone should exercise for a few minutes daily and mind you people who are already in shape do not have an excuse
- Warm up, aerobic exercises, and exercises targeting abdominal and lower back muscles are the best ways to how to stop disc disease. Also, yoga is one of the best remedies on how to prevent disc disease
- At times the degenerative disc disease pain is unbearable. These natural remedies help fight some of the severe degenerative disc disease
- Also, there are certain exercises to reduce the symptoms of thoracic degenerative disc disease
CURE 5: Supplements
Patients often prefer herbal supplements over any other. Fish oil, turmeric, St. John’s Wort, Valerian, turmeric, flaxseed oil, and ginger are some of the best-proven supplements. You need to take the doses as per doctor’s recommendations for how to cure degenerative disc disease naturally.
Here are a few general precautions on how to cure degenerative disc disease naturally.
- Adopt a physically active lifestyle
- Do not smoke
- Mind your eating habits
So here you have gone through a long list of remedies on how to cure degenerative disc disease naturally. Rather, you take precautions and avoid the disease altogether.
While a back brace for degenerative disc disease helps in some cases, there are certain conditions such as multilevel degenerative disc disease and advanced degenerative disc disease that require medical attention. In such a case, you can approach the doctor, and the treatments will give you results.
In short, there are remedies available to get rid of this condition, whether mild or severe. Follow these natural ways, and you will see the results. In no time, you will sit straight but this time with a SMILE on your face.