Carpal tunnel pain is a medical condition that is characterized by a numbing pain and tingling sensation in the wrists. Carpal tunnel pain is common among guitarists and can be cured in a few weeks or at most in a month with the administration of home remedies. Instead of popping in toxic pain-killers, read on to find out about the different ways of how to relieve carpal tunnel pain.
What is carpal tunnel pain?
Carpal tunnel pain is a health condition that is caused by the compression upon the median nerve located at the carpal tunnel of the wrist. It gets characterized by a numbing pain in the wrist, thumb, and fingers. Read on to find out what to do for carpal tunnel pain to cure it naturally.
What are the causes of carpal tunnel pain?
- Anatomic factors such as alteration of the shape of the bones in the hands especially in the wrist
- Trauma or injury to the hand
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Excessive sexual intercourse
What are the symptoms of carpal tunnel pain?
- Pain and numbness in the wrists
- Pins and needles sensation in the hands
- The clumsiness of the hand
- Increase in pain at night
- The weakness of the hands
Top 5 fantastic home remedies for how to relieve carpal throat pain
1. How to relieve carpal tunnel pain with the help of foods?
Ease severe carpal tunnel pain at night by using fenugreek seeds
Drinking fenugreek seed tea is one of the best home remedies for how to relieve carpal tunnel pain at night. If you are wondering as to what helps carpal tunnel pain then try this home remedy.
How to use?
- Boil a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in a cup of water. Add a teaspoon of honey to the fenugreek seed tea. Drink the fenugreek seed tea thrice in a day for the cure of carpal tunnel pain
- Alternatively, soak a handful of fenugreek seeds in water and let the seeds get absorbed through the night. Chew on the soaked fenugreek seeds in as soon as you wake up the next morning on an empty stomach
- Do this daily for the cure of carpal tunnel pain
Benefits of using fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds have anti-inflammatory properties and potent antioxidants that can fight against toxic free radicals and prevent joint pain due to oxidative dress. Drinking fenugreek seed tea is especially beneficial for the natural treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
Do not drink fenugreek seed tea if your digestive tract is sensitive to it.
[Read: Acupuncture For Carpal Tunnel]
Foods to eat
Eat the following foods for how to relieve carpal tunnel pain.
- Fatty fish
- Soy products
- Olive oil
- Citrus fruits
- Nuts and seeds
- Green tea
- Whole grain cereals
Foods to avoid
Avoid the following foods to fight against carpal tunnel pain.
- Fatty meat
- Red meat
- Salty foods
- Corn oil
- Sugary foods
- Junk food
- Oily food
- Grilled food
- Fast food
- Caffeinated drinks
- Carbonated beverages like soda, etc.
2. How to relieve carpal tunnel pain with Herbal treatments?
Control extreme carpal tunnel pain by using the Stinging Nettle herb
The administration of the Stinging Nettle herb is a powerful cure for the natural treatment of carpal tunnel pain.
How to use?
- Boil a cup of plain water in a saucepan
- Crush a handful of fresh and dried leaves of the Stinging Nettle herb into pieces
- Add a tablespoon of the crushed shreds of the herb into the boiling water and boil for 10 minutes
- Strain out the tea into a cup and add a teaspoon of honey to it
- Drink the Stinging Nettle herb tea twice in a day
- Do this on a daily basis for the cure of extreme carpal tunnel pain
Benefits of using Stinging Nettle Herb
Sting Nettle Herb has loads of phytochemical compounds that make the herb highly essential for how to relieve carpal tunnel pain. Drinking Stinging Nettle infusion is good for the cure of numbing and tingling sensation felt in the carpal tunnel pain areas.
Do not drink Stinging Nettle herb tea if it affects your digestive system.
3. How to relieve carpal tunnel pain with Essential Oils?
Control carpal tunnel pain management by using lavender essential oil
The lavender essential oil is an effective essential oil for carpal tunnel pain. If you are wondering as to what helps carpal tunnel pain, then try a few drops of lavender essential oil.
How to use?
- Add 3-4 drops of lavender essential oil to 2 tablespoons of raw coconut oil to prepare an oil mixture
- Massage your wrists and fingers with the oil mixture for at least 10 minutes
- Do this in every couple of hours for the natural treatment of carpal tunnel pain
- Massage your hands and wrist with the oil mixture before retiring for the day for the cure of severe carpal tunnel pain at night
Benefits of using lavender essential oil
The lavender essential oil has loads of antioxidants that can fight against toxic free radicals and protect the joints and bones of the hands from getting damaged by oxidative stress. Massaging the wrists with diluted lavender essential oil helps in the alleviation of joint pain, wrist aches, and extreme carpal tunnel pain.
Make sure that your skin is not sensitive to essential oils.
[Read: 10 Essential Oils for Carpal Tunnel]
4. How to relieve carpal tunnel pain with Home remedies?
Cure pregnancy carpal tunnel pain by using mustard oil
Massaging the hands and wrists with hot mustard oil helps in the alleviation of carpal tunnel pain during pregnancy.
How to use?
- Heat a tablespoon of pure mustard oil
- Add a few cloves of garlic to the oil and heat gently for about a minute more
- Massage the points of carpal tunnel pain location with the hot garlic and mustard oil
- Do this 3-4 times daily for the cure of carpal tunnel pain during pregnancy
Benefits of using mustard oil
Mustard oil is incredibly beneficial for the natural treatment of aches and pains. It percolates deep into the epidermis and heals inflammation and swelling of the joint and muscle. The warmth of the oil soothes the pain and cures the tautness of the nerves in the wrist by improving blood circulation. This remedy works great for how to relieve carpal tunnel pain.
5. How to treat carpal tunnel pain with the help of natural treatment?
Relieve carpal tunnel pain by stretches and exercise
Doing stretches for carpal tunnel pain is the simplest way to treat the condition.
How to use?
- Stretch and flex your wrists for about 5 minutes
- Tighten and relax your fingers for about 5 minutes
- Do this in every hour daily for the cure of carpal tunnel pain
[Read: Stretches To Treat Carpal Tunnel]
Benefits of stretches
Stretching and relaxation of the wrist and fingers help in how to relieve carpal tunnel pain by increasing flexibility, blood circulation, and strength which aids in the cure of pain and inflammation.
Do not overdo the stretches otherwise your wrist and fingers might get strained.
How to prevent carpal tunnel pain?
- Avoid overexertion of your hands
- Wear gloves to prevent numbness and frostbite pain during chilly winters
The home remedies for how to relieve carpal tunnel pain are incredibly useful. They help to soothe the pain and cure the disease in a few weeks. However, if the symptoms persist then do not delay in consulting a physician.