Done with artificial skincare products and planning to go the natural way to take care of your skin? It’s effortless if you keep a few ingredients handy. There’s no denying that the best way to take care of your skin is to turn to nature’s miraculous elements.
They are packed with active enzymes, antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, vital to fighting against skin problems like a pimple, acne, skin tan, blemishes, and dark spots to keep your skin looking younger. If you are used to wearing makeup, you must know how crucial it is to remove it before going to bed.
Sure, it requires some effort, but removing makeup will take you a long way in keeping your skin gorgeous and healthy.
Ingredients for DIY Homemade Makeup Remover
Rosewater controls excess oil and also helps maintain the skin’s pH balance. Rosewater has anti-inflammatory properties that can help minimize irritated skin’s redness, dermatitis, get rid of acne, and eczema. It is an excellent cleanser and aids in removing dirt and oil accumulated in clogged pores.
2. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil contains essential vitamins for the skin such as Vitamin E, B, and critical minerals such as copper, zinc. In adulthood, your skin tends to produce little sebum hence making the skin dull-looking and dry. Jojoba is also reputed to be a natural supplement that can be used for your daily skincare regimen.
3. Olive oil
Olive oil is a natural anti-inflammatory and can help with wound healing, highly beneficial for your skin, and is also high in protective antioxidants and hydrating squalene.
Since honey(1) contains antioxidants, antibacterial and antiseptic properties, it helps to rid your skin of blackheads by eliminating dirt from pores. It then tightens and hydrates skin pores for a clear complexion.
5. Witch Hazel
Regarding skincare, witch hazel can help with everything from firming the skin (in higher concentrations) thanks to its astringent properties to tightening pores. It can help to manage and balance oil.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera, when formulated into an adequately planned personal care routine, can treat, exfoliate, reveal, restore, and provide constant, impressive nutrition to the human skin. Aloe vera is rich in vitamin E, C, and beta carotene, which gives it its anti-aging and nourishing qualities.
How to Make Homemade Makeup Remover
1. Rose Water and Jojoba Oil Homemade Makeup Remover
Who doesn’t love the fantastic scent of rose water? Applying a combination of jojoba oil and rose water on your skin is an effective way to refresh the skin, wash off makeup, and smell good. The jojoba oil even provides anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that will do miracles to your beauty regimen.
- A mixing jar
- Rosewater (1 oz.)
- Organic jojoba oil (1 oz.)
- After mixing the natural ingredients, apply evenly on your face, and wash off the makeup.
- You can use a dry tissue to clear away any traces of makeup.
2. Baby Shampoo
Like the phrase “soft as a baby’s ass,” baby shampoo can be used as an effective remedy. What better way to safeguard your skin than using a product designed for the supple and delicate skin of a baby? Baby shampoo as a makeup remover is safe for all skin types.
- A mixing jar
- Olive oil or coconut oil (1/4 teaspoon)
- Baby shampoo (1/2 tablespoon)
- Add baby shampoo to the jar,
- Pour water into the jar,
- Shake up the mixture and use a cotton ball to wash off your skin or eyes’ makeup.
3. Honey DIY Recipe
The bees are back again! Besides playing a pivotal role in the ecosystem’s sustainability, bees produce one of the best natural sweeteners in honey, which also happens to be a potent makeup remover. All you need is:
- Raw Honey (Teaspoon)
- Warm water
- A clean cloth
- Pour the honey on your hands
- Massage it around your makeup, and let it sit for around 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
- And, well, due to honey’s antibacterial properties, the recipe might even help with your acne.
4. DIY Witch Hazel Makeup Remover
Witch Hazel has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that nourish the skin – and you can make the most of these skin health benefits through a homemade makeup remover recipe.
- Pour equal parts of witch hazel and water into a jar and apply the mixture on to your face or eyes.
- Slowly rub over your makeup in circular motions and rinse with warm water.
3. Aloe Vera
Combine aloe vera gel with some skin-nourishing ingredients to whisk away impurities and makeup.
To use aloe vera as a makeup remover:
- In a small container, add equal parts of raw honey and aloe vera gel.
- Add two tablespoons of your oil of preference for every one cup of cleanser.
- Use a blender to combine the ingredients until thick paste forms. Store in an airtight jar, and be sure to keep your cleanser in the fridge if it contains preservative-free and fresh aloe vera.
- Use a small quantity of the cleanser to remove makeup by massaging it into the skin for 1 to 2 minutes before rinsing clean with lukewarm water.
While taking off makeup using one of these DIY recipes, avoid rubbing your face and eyes, harshly.
Regarding essential oils like olive oil, jojoba oil, or coconut oil, it’s suggestible to go for a patch test if your skin reacts to any of those ingredients.
Always wash your face with pure water after removing makeup to prevent breakouts and remove impurities.
While you may layer your face with primers, foundations, or BB creams to get a glowing look, it is also vital to let your skin cells breathe. So ensure that you complete the task of removing makeup as sincerely as you put on makeup for your skin’s sake.