Lipstick is a popular cosmetic applied to the lips to enhance lip color. It contains various oils, pigments, and waxes that not only create different color options but often at times also protects the lips. Lipstick is found in the form of a liquid with an applicator brush or a stick within a tube.
It is normal to find lipstick color blended with lip balm as well. As an interesting fact, scientists have discovered that softer lipsticks result in a more positive emotional response. So the lipstick recipe detailed here should make you feel happy, as the end product is soft!
Lipstick is the most loved makeup for ladies. But today, these makeups are in multiple brands, stores and are spread in a quite vast market. Now, you want to buy a trendy lip-shade, but your purse isn’t allowing! Worry not! As there is also a simple solution to it.
Why don’t you make your favorite lipstick at home? Surprised? Here’s the process.
How to Make Homemade Lipstick
Ingredients for DIY Lipstick
1. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is full of anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have also confirmed the benefits of coconut oil in reducing inflammation. Coconut can also be used as a natural moisturizer. It hydrates your skin. When applied to the skin, it can help get rid of dryness. You can also combat dry skin with coconut oil.
Beeswax(1) is commonly found in cosmetics and skincare products and is a fantastic way to moisturize the skin. It can help protect and repair dry, rough, or chapped skin because it can lock in moisture.
3. Lavender essential oil
It is purported to have antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antidepressant, antimicrobial, and antibacterial properties and analgesic, antispasmodic, hypotensive, detoxifying, and sedative effects.
[Also Read: Benefits of Lavender Oil]
4. Shea butter
Shea butter is perfectly healthy to use for most skin types, and it has been used in cosmetics for eons due to fatty acids and vitamins that hydrate and calm the skin. It retains moisture by forming a protective barrier on the skin’s surface, which keeps your skin hydrated and reduces water loss.
5. Castor oil
Castor oil has been an age-old remedy for skin-related issues. It is an elixir for beautiful and supple skin. Castor oil contains proteins, Vitamin E, and Omega 6 & 9 that are the key components responsible for great skin.
[Also Read: Benefits of Castor Oil]
1. Homemade Lipstick With Lavender
Ingredients for DIY Lipstick
- 3/4 teaspoon coconut oil
- One teaspoon beeswax pastilles or grated beeswax
- One drop lavender essential oil
- One teaspoon shea butter
- ¼ teaspoon castor oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of any combination of beetroot powder, organic cocoa powder, cinnamon, and turmeric
- Small knife or spoon
- Container with a small lid
How to Make Lipstick:
- Place the ingredients shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax in a heat-safe glass jar with no cap in a little simmering water to melt the ingredients slowly. You may also use a double boiler.
- Stir this mixture until well blended.
- Next, add the castor oil and the lavender essential oil.
- Once the mixture has been blended well, add your color of choice selected from the beetroot powder, etc.
- Remove the jar carefully from the heat and let cool.
- Using a small knife or spoon, transfer the lipstick to a small container with a lid.
- Store in a dry, cool place, or the fridge.
The ingredients in this lipstick recipe are skin-friendly, but if you experience any allergic reactions, stop using right away. If you have an extreme reaction, contact a medical practitioner right away.
How to Apply Lipstick
Avoid dipping unclean brushes into the mixture to make it bacteria-free. Instead, put a dab onto a little dish and then dip your clean lipstick brush into it. To use, start in the middle of the upper lip and move outward toward each corner. Lightly blot your lips with a soft tissue. That’s all!
[Also Read: Natural Remedies to Lighten up Dark Lips]
2. DIY Lipstick With Eyeshadow and Vaseline
- Eyeshadow powder pigment
- Mascara wand
- One teaspoon Vaseline petroleum jelly
- Empty container
How To Make Lipstick
- With your mascara wand’s help, scrape some eyeshadow powder onto a piece of paper.
- In a tiny glass bowl, add the powdered pigment and a teaspoon of Vaseline. Add more pigment depending on the color you want and mix them thoroughly.
- Store your new lip color into a tiny or a tin container.
Tip: You can also add some shine to this recipe if you want to create your own glitter lipstick.
[Also Read: How to Look Really Beautiful Without Makeup]
3. DIY All-Natural Lipstick
- 2 tsp sweet almond oil
- 1 tsp beeswax
- 1 tsp shea butter or cocoa butter
- 1-2 drops of essential oil (of your preference)
- Lipstick tin or tube
- 1/8 teaspoon beetroot powder (coloring option)
How To Make Natural Lipstick With Beetroot Powder
- Melt your shea butter, wax, and sweet almond oil, by heating them in a double boiler.
- Stir in the shade of your choice. You can use anything from cocoa powder for a nude shade to beetroot powder for a deep red.
- Take out the ingredients from the stove and briskly stir in a few drops of your choice’s essential oil for a touch of fragrance and nourishment. You can choose oils like peppermint, lavender, lemongrass, or cinnamon.
- Pour the lipstick into a tin or tube and allow it to cool.
[Also Read: 6 Proven Remedies to Get Rid Chapped Lips]
Women, that was our list of All-Natural Homemade DIY lipstick recipes. If you want to create a lip color that you can’t find in stores or feel artsy, make your own lipstick at home. It certainly requires some effort, but it’s an easy and fun way to save money.
Some of these recipes are full of natural ingredients that will leave your lips feeling hydrated and moisturized.