Bright and beautiful skin is ever wanted. Everyone craves for it, but getting that flawless looking skin is not an easy job especially in the stressful and polluted environment of today. Harmful sun rays, excessive pollution, stress, and unhealthy diet all end up giving you a dull, lifeless and pigmented skin. Bright and clear skin is what everyone yearns for. It dramatically influences your confidence. Those looking for how to lighten skin can try out the natural remedies mentioned in this article. These enhance your skin tone and effectively brighten it. So, get glowing!
Natural ways to lighten skin
How to brighten skin naturally?
With skin lightening becoming a craze, there are numerous products available in the market that claim to lighten the skin tone. However, these products loaded with chemicals rather than doing good, harm your skin. Constant use of so many skin brightening products over long-term can degrade your skin.
Thus, if you are looking for healthy skin lightening ways, then resort to natural products. Below mentioned are some of the homemade masks and bleaches that give remarkable results in no time. Continue reading to find out how to lighten skin naturally.
1. Foods that can help lighten the skin
How to use lemon juice to lighten the skin?
Lemons are the natural bleaching agents and the ultimate remedy to whiten the skin easily and quickly. Learn how to lighten skin with lemon juice.
How to use?
- Take a lemon
- Squeeze out the fresh lemon juice
- Soak a cotton ball in the juice
- Apply it on your skin
- Alternatively, you can also directly rub a lemon slice on your skin.
- Let it stay for an hour and then wash off with water
- Repeat the process every day to get the desired results.
Benefits of lemon
The acidity of lemon lends it skin bleaching properties. Hence, regular application of it gives you visible results in no time. Also, lemons are rich in antioxidants that are known to fight free radicals that damage your skin and cause it to age making it dull and pigmented.
Further, the presence of Vitamin C boosts the health of your skin by stimulating the production of new cells. Thus it helps in quick healing of the skin damage caused due to pollution and other derogatory agents.
If you have sensitive skin and history of allergy, then do a skin patch test by rubbing some lemon on your arm. If it causes irritation or inflammation, then wash the area immediately and avoid using the remedy.
Foods to eat
A healthy complexion is impossible without a healthy diet. Hence, if you wish for skin tone, then add the following foods to your diet that boost your skin’s complexion.
- Dark Green Leafy Vegetables
- Antioxidant-rich colorful fruits
- Fish and Fish oils
- Green Tea
- An adequate amount of water
Foods to avoid
Remember what you eat shows on your skin. Hence, avoid the following foods that degrade your skin.
- Junk Foods
- Processed Foods
- Spicy foods
- Foods high in sugar or sodium
- Unhygienic foods
- Foods that cause an increase in the internal body temperature
- Overcooked foods
- Foods with high levels of estrogen
2. Herbal treatment for Skin whitening
How to lighten skin with Aloe Vera?
Aloe Vera is a potent plant that can do wonders for your skin. Those wishing for lighter skin tones can resort to this aloe vera remedy which is safe and quite easy to use.
How to use?
- Take an aloe vera leaf
- Peel its outer layer and extract out the gel
- Apply the fresh aloe vera gel on your skin
- Let it stay for around thirty minutes and then wash it off with water
- Repeat the process two times a day, and you will start seeing results in two weeks.
Benefits of aloe vera
Aloe Vera effectively works in relieving hyperpigmentation which causes uneven skin tone. Regular application of the fresh aloe vera gel helps in restoring the original color of your skin. Further, it cools and hydrates your skin promoting the regeneration of new skin cells and repair of the damaged cells.
Use freshly extracted aloe vera gel to get the desired results. Store-bought gels may not be that effective.
3. Essential Oils for lightening skin tone
How to use Lemon essential oil for skin lightening?
Essential Oils are a much better option than those face brightening creams that harm your skin adversely. These potent plant extracts give you beautiful and bright skin without any side-effect. Of these, Lemon Essential Oil is one of the best oils for getting a fair skin tone.
How to use?
- Add five drops of Lemon Essential Oil in a teaspoon of carrier oil
- Apply the blend on your face using a cotton ball
- Repeat the process every day for effectively lightening your skin tone.
Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil has a strong skin bleaching effect that works to lighten your skin. It is your natural facial bleach. Besides, it also promotes the production of new skin cells and reduces the oiliness of the skin.
Essential oils are quite potent; hence these must be used in diluted form only. Thus, you must mix lemon essential oil in a carrier oil before applying it on your skin. Also, please note that the oil increases your sensitivity to the UV rays; hence, do not wear it when out in the sun.
4. Home Remedies for lightening the skin tone
How to lighten skin with turmeric face mask?
Turmeric is a widely popular skin brightening remedy. Regular application of it on your skin is known to give significant results. Learn how to use a turmeric face mask to lighten skin.
How to use?
- Add turmeric powder to milk cream
- Mix them to get a thick paste
- Apply it evenly on your skin
- Let it dry
- After that, wash it off with lukewarm water. You can also use this turmeric remedy to lighten the bikini area.
- Combine half a teaspoon of turmeric powder, two teaspoons of gram flour and a teaspoon of lemon juice
- Make a thick paste and apply it on your skin
- Leave it for about twenty minutes
- Once it dries, take off the mask
- After that, again wash your face with lukewarm water
Benefits of turmeric mask
Turmeric is one of the best home remedies for skin lightening. It helps in maintaining a balanced skin tone by regulating the melanin content. Further, it being rich in antioxidants kills free radicals and promotes healthy skin. Thus those looking for how to lighten skin can use it regularly to get visible results.
Wear dark colored clothes while using turmeric as it easily stains.
5. Supplements that can lighten skin tone
How to use Vitamin C for skin whitening?
You will find numerous facial bleaching products that claim to contain Vitamin C and give you instant results. It is because Vitamin C has potent properties that can provide you with improved skin tone. If you do not wish to resort to those chemical products, then include vitamin C supplements in your diet to whiten your skin.
How to use?
- Take two Vitamin C capsules every day to whiten your skin
- Alternatively, you can add more of Vitamin C rich foods in your diet for healthy and light skin.
Benefits of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is known to contain antibacterial and antioxidant properties that kill free radicals and detoxify your skin, thus reducing pigmentation. It also inhibits the production of tyrosinase enzyme in the body which aids in the production of melanin that darkens your skin.
You must not take more than two capsules of Vitamin C per day. Consuming more than the recommended dosage can harm your health.
How to bleach your skin at home?
Chemical bleaches can invariably harm your skin and damage it in the long run. If you are looking for a quick and easy way out to bleach your skin, then try this homemade Potato bleaching pack.
How to bleach skin with Potato Bleaching Pack?
- Take a potato
- Peel its skin and grate it
- Add the grated potato to a blender and add some rosewater
- Blend them to get a paste
- Add honey to this paste if you have dry skin or lemon juice in case your skin is oily
- Apply it on your face and neck
- Let it dry and after that wash it off with water
This potato bleaching pack effectively bleaches your skin. You will notice a visible difference before and after bleaching the skin with this natural pack.
Bright and flawless skin is no more a dream if you follow the above mentioned natural ways for how to lighten skin. These, if used regularly, will not only lighten your skin tone but also improve the texture of your skin and make it youthful and supple.