Stretch marks or striae are the thin lesions red, purple or white in color that appear on the skin. These occur naturally and are not indicative of any health issue. But that does not mean that people are not worried about them, the sight of these is quite unattractive and greatly hampers the confidence of the person having them. If you have these unattractive stretch marks, then rather than being disappointed try some natural ingredients that can effectively solve your how to get rid of stretch marks for men worries.
Why do men get stretch marks?
While many may consider stretch marks to be prevalent in women, it may be noted that men too have stretch marks. The reason for why do men get stretch marks is the same, stretching of the skin. Stretch marks appear on the skin surface when the skin stretches faster than it can actually grow.
The middle layer of the skin stretches much more than the outer layer which causes it to rupture or tear causing red or purple lesions. With time as the skin heals these lighten up to white or silver. Stretching of skin can happen in men too. Thus, if you find stretch marks on the body of males then do not be surprised.
Also Read: Shea Butter Benefits for Skin
Causes of Stretch Marks in Men
Following are the common reasons for stretch marks in men-
It is one of the prominent reasons for stretch marks. During weight gain due to excessive fat disposition, the skin layer is forced to get stretched causing stretch marks. Stretch marks on hips and thighs are common due to weight gain.
Some adolescents have quick growth spurts which force the skin to stretch resulting in stretch marks.
Stretch marks are common in bodybuilders especially weightlifters due to muscle development. Stretch marks on arms and armpits can be seen on people undergoing vigorous physical training.
Besides physical growth and skin stretching, stretch marks can also occur due to some health conditions.
Getting Rid of Stretch Marks in Male
Thus, by now you will be clear about the reasons for the occurrence of stretch marks and would be happy to know that stretch marks can happen to anyone even males. So if you are having stretch marks on the stomach, back or legs then do not stress out but employ effective means to get rid of them.
How to remove stretch marks for men?
While complete elimination of stretch marks isn’t possible, one can surely lighten them using some wondrous natural remedies. Guys with stretch marks looking for how to remove them should note the following effective remedies and frequently asked questions to get rid of stretch marks:
1. How to get rid of stretch marks for men using Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil is an effective home remedy for various skin troubles(1). It is also effective in treating stretch marks as it contains a powerful ingredient called triglycerides which keeps the skin moisturized and hydrated. Thus, it greatly helps in reducing stretch marks.
- Massage the area that has stretch marks with coconut oil
- Leave it for some time and thereafter wash with water
Stretch marks on buttocks male will lighten up with regular application of the oil.
2. Can stretch marks on the back be removed using lemon juice?
Lemon juice is another great remedy for removing stretch marks on back and stomach. Lemons contain vitamin C along with bleaching properties that help fade the stretch marks.
- Cut lemon into halves and massage it gently on the skin
- You can also use cotton balls to apply lemon juice on the affected area
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and thereafter wash it with warm water
Recommended Read: Health Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
3. Is egg white effective in clearing stretch marks on legs?
Stretch marks on legs are common too. Fade them easily using egg white. You just need to take an egg and separate the yolk.
- Mix egg white and apply the paste on the area
- Leave it for some time for around 20 minutes and thereafter rinse with water
Egg white contains vitamin A and collagen that helps in skin regeneration and maintaining its elasticity.
4. How to get rid of stretch marks for men using Aloe Vera Gel?
Aloe Vera(2) has wonderful skin healing and soothing properties. It contains vitamin C and E that play a great role in skin nourishment. Besides it, Aloe Vera gel also contains collagen that boosts production of skin cells.
- Cut an aloe vera leaf and remove the skin
- Extract the gel and rub it on the area with stretch marks
- Leave it for some time and thereafter wash with water
- Apply it regularly to fade the stretch marks on thighs and get smooth skin
Recommended Read: Health Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
5. Can Castor oil be used for clearing stretch marks on arms?
Castor oil is another effective remedy for getting rid of stretch marks(3). It helps in moisturizing the skin and reducing stretch marks. Further, it also helps in boosting collagen production that greatly aids in skin repair.
- To effectively use castor oil for stretch marks, you need to massage it on the affected area.
- Cover it using a plastic wrap
- Thereafter heat it using hot water bag
- Do this regularly to see results
6. Is sugar scrub effective in fading stretch marks on hips?
Make sugar scrub using raw sugar, almond oil, and lemon juice. Apply this scrub gently on the area with stretch marks. The scrub acts as an exfoliator and helps remove the dead skin layer and boost the growth of new skin cells thus reducing the appearance of stretch marks on the body.
Stretch marks can be unattractive. To effectively fade them and make them almost invisible use the above-mentioned home remedies. These are simple, cost-effective with no side-effect.