Who in this world would not have felt jealous while seeing those long, shiny curls and locks of the models and actresses? You might have often tried to copy that look too wondering how they maintain such a great hair density. But, now you don’t have to fret over it anymore. Your best friend Aloe Vera is here as your ultimate savior.
Aloe vera will allow you to cuddle with your long healthy hair, will let you carry some terrific hair do’s, and will also make you get some extra followers on your social media handles. But do you know how? Read ahead as we tell you the incredible benefits of using aloe vera to flaunt your locks and the simplest yet beneficial of all DIY recipes you will ever find of aloe vera for hair growth.
10 reasons why you should consider Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is world-renowned as an excellent solution to nourish your hair. The plant is known to contain over seventy-five essential nutrients that can give you those beautiful long tresses to flaunt. So glue your eyes to the seven benefits of aloe vera given here which will provide you with a better understanding of the plant.
- Aloe vera has proteolytic enzymes which help to repair the damaged cells of your scalp. It helps to improve the health of your hair roots and ensures faster growth and also long shining hair.
- Aloe vera(1) acts a protecting layer over your hair and keeps it safe from hazardous environmental elements.
- With its antipruritic properties, aloe vera allows you to get away with scalp itchiness and irritation as well.
- Aloe vera helps you to deal with dandruff which is a common issue in today’s world. Aloe vera is known to have strong anti-fungal properties which help it to evade dandruff.
- It is crucial for you to restore the pH balance of your hair for proper hair growth. Aloe vera does this efficiently as the plant has a pH similar to that of your hair.
- This gel helps to curb the redness and inflammation that may occur due to product build-up or other chemical treatments done over your hair.
- Aloe vera acts as a natural conditioner for your hair as it helps to keep the hair and scalp hydrated for long.
- The vitamins E, C and A present in aloe vera promotes hair cell growth and helps to repair the dry and brittle strands by strengthening them from within.
- The vitamin b-12 present in aloe vera gel helps to stimulate the hair follicles and induce hair re-growth along with preventing the weak hair from falling off.
- Use of aloe vera gel on the scalp increases the blood circulation into the hair follicles which in turn strengthens the roots and imparts natural health and shine to the hair.
6 Simple DIYs using Aloe Vera for hair growth
Often people rely on antibiotics and strong medications to improve their hair growth. These potent chemicals may help you get long hair but will get you in the trap of other health issues as well. Instead of going for the complicated way, try opting for these aloe-vera inspired remedies and lock your hair growth and health. Aloe vera can be partnered with other ingredients for hair growth includes:
1. Natural and Fresh Aloe Vera Gel
You can purchase aloe vera gel from the market quickly. But what’s better than a natural home-made DIY aloe vera gel which is fresh and very useful for hair growth treatment. Aloe vera for hair growth becomes easy when you will learn to extract aloe vera gel at your ease.
- Wash your hands before starting the process. It will ensure that your gel doesn’t get contaminated with harmful germs
- Slice out an outer leaf of your aloe plant. Outer leaves tend to contain the right amount of aloe vera gel. With the help of a sharp knife make a clean cut near the base. You can make a cup of aloe gel by cutting off just a leaf or two
- Allow these leaves to stand upright in a bowl so that the dark yellow resin drains out. The resin contains latex which might cause skin irritation to you
- Now peel the leaves with the help of a vegetable peeler. Be sure to cut through the inner white layer of the plant
- With the help of a spoon, scoop the gel out
- Mix the scooped gel with a natural preservative (optional)
- Place the gel in a sterilized glass jar. If you have used a preservative keep it in a refrigerator to lock its freshness for months
- Your aloe vera gel for hair growth is ready
2. Aloe vera and Castor oil
- One cup of aloe vera gel
- Few tbsp of castor oil(2)
- Fenugreek powder
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to get a paste
- Apply this mixture to your hair and roots
- You can now sleep with the mix on
- Wrap the shower cap with a towel for better security
How to remove?
- After waking up, wash the mixture with cold water. Use a good shampoo to rinse off your hair. Use a good conditioner for best results
Castor oil is a proven remedy for hair growth treatment. It boosts hair growth and also adds volume to your beautiful hair. This castor oil and aloe vera mixture help a great deal to prevent hair fall. It nourishes and conditions your hair strands which in turn prevent breakage and split ends.
3. Honey with Aloe vera Gel
- Four tbsp of aloe vera gel
- Three tbsp coconut oil
- Two tbsp of honey
- Combine all the above ingredients in a bowl for a smooth paste
- Massage with this mixture onto your head. Gradually move down to the tips of your hair
- Now, wait for twenty minutes
How to remove?
- Wash your hair with cold water. Use a good shampoo and conditioner to rinse off the mixture
The excellent mix helps to lock the moisture in your hair shafts. It will help to maintain your hair health and retain your hair’s length.
4. Coconut and Aloe Vera
- Four tbsp aloe vera gel
- Four tbsp coconut milk
- One tbsp coconut oil
- After combining all the elements in a bowl, massage the mixture on your scalp and roots
- Keep massaging till your hair gets saturated with the mixture
- Allow it to settle for about half an hour
How to remove?
Rinse your hair with a mild shampoo and then condition your hair with a conditioner
The coconut oil acts as a mask which fosters deep conditioning of hair from within by the other ingredients of the mixture. It thoroughly nourishes your hair and enhances hair growth. Use this mixture of coconut oil and aloe vera for hair growth and strengthen your personality.
5.Lemon Juice and Aloe Vera
- Two tbsp aloe vera gel
- One tbsp lemon juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl
- Mix well to get a smooth paste
- Massage your scalp, hair roots, and tips with this mixture
- Leave it for 20 minutes
How to remove?
Rinse your hair with a good natural shampoo and conditioner
Collagen helps to promote hair growth(3). Lemon is rich in Vitamin C which triggers the synthesis of collagen. Lemon also helps to maintain optimum pH levels of your scalp.
6. Aloe vera shampoo
You can also make a chemical-free shampoo using aloe vera. Follow the given steps to make one for yourself:
- Four tbsp of honey
- Four tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Half a cup of aloe vera gel
- Add all the ingredients to a blender to make a frothy mixture
- To this add a few drops of lavender essential oil
The shampoo has antibacterial and antifungal properties which avoid scalp itchiness and promotes hair growth. This shampoo is one of the best recipes for using aloe vera for hair growth purposes.
Precautions to follow while using aloe vera :
You can use aloe vera for hair growth purposes, but be cautious while using it. Follow the given precautions before using aloe vera for hair growth:
- If you are using aloe vera shampoo, always perform a patch test before using it
- Try using fresh aloe vera gel
- In case you are using the readymade aloe vera gel be sure that you are using 100% pure gel of trusted suppliers
- Pregnant women and kids should use aloe vera only after consultation from a doctor
This article equips you with the best solutions for using aloe vera for hair growth treatment using the incredible aloe vera plant. Aloe vera plant has multiple benefits for your health, with hair treatment being one of its best shot. The plant is easily accessible and can you can readily employ it for hair growth. A perfect look is incomplete without those shiny long hairs. Why rely on heavy medication schedules when you can achieve healthy hair using natural remedies.
Aloe vera can turn out to be a blessing for those who love to have long tresses and healthy hair. Aloe vera not just improves your hair growth, but it also replenishes your scalp and hair roots from within. It allows you to get away with hair breakage, split ends and give your hair a healthy look which you have always dreamt of.