Felt that unpleasant strain while doing absolutely nothing? You must have wondered what these are and how the heck you can get rid of them. This article will enrich you with great remedies for how to get rid of muscle knots.
What is a muscle knot?
Muscle knots are hard areas of muscles that tighten and contract suddenly even when the tissue is not in motion. These knots often lead to pain and inflammation in different parts of the body.
What causes muscle knots?
- Poor postures
- Strains of sports activities and exercises
What does a muscle knot feel like?
Muscle knot symptoms include:
- Pain in muscles and joints
- A headache
- Anxiety and depression
How to Get Relief from Muscle Pain Using Natural Remedies?
As now you are much aware of what a muscle knot is, how do muscle knot form, and what does a muscle knot look like, let’s move to incredible natural remedies for how to get rid of muscle knots.
1. How to get rid of muscle knots by consuming magical foods?
Eating a balanced diet by including certain magical fruits will help prevent trigger points. It is quite essential for sufferers of muscle knots to add essential nutrients like magnesium and potassium. Some effective foods that serve as perfect remedies for how to get rid of muscle knots include:
Banana is rich in potassium. Lack of potassium often leads to the formation of muscle knots. As bananas have a high-potassium content, it helps to prevent muscle cramps.
How to use:
You can include bananas in your daily breakfast schedule. After a hectic gym session, eating a banana will help you get relief from pain. You can also make a banana shake for enhanced taste:
- Add a glass of milk to the grinder
- Now mix banana slices and grind the two ingredients
- Add ice cubes to enhance the flavor
- You can also add honey to the shake if you want
- Eating excess of potassium-rich foods can pose an adverse effect on your heart
Other essential foods to include in your diet:
- Seeds like sunflower, sesame, and sunflower
- Green vegetables like spinach
- Fish and chicken
Foods to avoid
- High sodium foods
- Fried foods like French fries
2. How to get rid of muscle knots with the help of home remedies?
These fantastic home remedies will give you quick relief from the pain which your body faces in case of a muscle knot. The question of how to get rid of muscle knots will no more bother you if you follow these helpful home remedies.
Hot and cold therapy as a remedy for muscle knots
This effective combination of hot and cold therapy will give you instant pain from muscle knots. This process also helps to reduce inflammation. Cold therapy constricts blood vessels which in turn reduces swelling of the affected area. Heat therapy loosens stiff muscles to reduce pain.
How to use:
- Apply cold pad for 10 minutes on the ailing body part
- Be sure to maintain a gap of at least 15 minutes between two sessions
- To apply heat relaxes you can use a heating pad or take a warm bath
- Alternate between the two treatments with regular interval. You can adopt single therapy also depending upon your convenience
- Never sleep with a heating or cooling pad on as it can severely affect your body
Acupuncture for muscle knot treatment
Acupuncture takes pride in being one of the best solutions for how to get rid of muscle knots. It is useful and also fits in your budget. Acupuncture works magically in treating muscle knots issue by increasing blood flow to the area under inflammation.
Enjoying a massage for muscle knot in a spa can be quite expensive for a few people. So for them, this article provides an excellent remedy on how to get rid of muscle knots, and that remedy is self-massage. Yes, you can easily massage the affected ailing body part and get away with pain. Rubbing muscle knots relieves pain in the long run. But if you are thinking how to loosen up those tight muscles by massaging yourself, then follow the given steps:
How to use:
- Firstly, locate the muscle knot with your fingers
- Press firmly into the affected area
- Make small circles with your fingers
- You can also use a tennis ball or foam roller instead of fingers
- Place the tennis ball between your back and the wall or floor
- Roll back and forth on the ball, applying pressure to the knot area
3. How to relieve the pain of muscle knots using natural treatments?
Natural treatments work magically on treating muscle knots in legs, muscle knots in lower back, and muscle knots in upper back. These remedies are feasible and usually do not pose a threat to the human body. Some popular natural treatments for how to get rid of muscle knots include:
Exercise as a treatment for muscle knot
Exercising is one of the best remedies for how to get rid of muscle knots. Aerobic exercise leaves magical effects on the body in case of severe muscle knots. If you are suffering from muscle knots in neck or a shoulder blade muscle knot, then you can easily opt for jumping, swimming, or other arm movements that involve proper working of muscles in these areas. Exercising helps to increase blood supply owing to the stretching of muscles. Increased blood supply also fosters the removal of toxins from the body.
Precautions to follow:
- Avoid any strenuous exercise that can worsen your muscle knots
- Increase your exercise time gradually
4. How to loosen muscle knots with supplement intake?
Sometimes you often skip your meals owing to your busy schedule. Not getting the right amount of nutrients, makes your body more susceptible to muscle knots. You can readily go for supplements intake for getting away with those painful muscle knots.
- Include magnesium, zinc, and calcium supplements in your diet.
- You can also replace these with the consumption of fruits and vegetables which are rich in these nutrients as natural remedies never impose any threat on your body.
- Always take supplements after proper consultation from a doctor
- If you are allergy prone, don’t include these supplements in your diet with doctor’s advice
This article must have brought a broad smile to your face as now you can easily get away with that sharp pain which often surfaces on your body.You can easily avoid or prevent muscle knots if you take the right steps to tackle the problem. Make sure to follow these astonishing natural remedies on how to get rid of muscle knots and enjoy a healthy and happy life. Discover which of these home remedies and natural treatments will enhance your lifestyle.Try to live an active life full of exercises. Keep your body hydrated and remain stress-free. All these upkeeps clubbed with these magical remedies will give you the best results.