What if one day you wake up, open your eyes and cannot see anything. Even the thought of this situation is frightening. Not able to see properly is such a big issue. It seems like the whole beauty of the world starts fading in front of your eyes. Same is with the eye floaters.
These eye floaters are tiny spots, or as they are called ‘cobwebs’ that drift around in your field vision when you move your eyes. Microscopic fibers within the vitreous tend to clump and can cast tiny shadows on your retina. They are specks in your eye vision. They also appear as black floaters in
Eye floaters can be clumpy or stringy, light or dark. If you are wondering how to get rid of eye floaters, then read the natural remedies listed in this article. But before that let’s get on to the causes of eye floaters.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Eye Floaters
What causes eye floaters?
Some of the causes of eye floaters are:
- Eye injury
- Due to Eye inflammation
- Eye floaters anxiety
- Eye floaters diabetes
- Due to a migraine headache
- Due to aging
- Due to pregnancy
- Due to stress
Eye floaters symptoms:
- Seeing flashes of light
- Losing peripheral vision or side vision
- Eye pain
- Loss of vision or blurred vision
- Darkness on any side or sides of your vision
- Small shapes or strings in the line of vision
- Spots which is noticeable when you look at a plain bright background
Fantastic Natural Remedies on How to Get Rid of Eye Floaters:
1. How to get rid of eye floaters with Foods?
Eyes are the sensitive part of the human body. Good eye health starts with the food on your plates. Nutrients, lutein, zinc, calcium and main vitamins like A, C, and E are very important for good eye health can be the best answer for how to get rid of eye floaters.
Beetroots are the vital source of vitamins and beta-carotene that converts to vitamin A which is important for overall eye health and how to get rid of eye floaters.
How to use?
- Have fresh beetroots
- Obtain 1cup of fresh beetroot juice
- Consume a glass of fresh beetroot juice
- Consume this juice 3 to 5 per week for best results on how to get rid of eye floaters
Beetroot contains compounds like zeaxanthin and lutein which are great for retinal and macular health. Hence beetroot juice can treat constant eye floaters and floaters in one eye.
Foods to eat
- Green leafy vegetables
- Spinach, kale, and collards.
- Oranges and other citrus fruits
- Oysters and pork
- Fishes rich in proteins (tuna, salmon and other oily fish)
- Eggs, nuts, beans
- Nonmeat protein sources
- Sweet potatoes and carrots for beta-carotene
Foods to avoid
- Deep fried foods
- Sweetened beverages(soda)
- Red meat
- White bread and pastries
- Processed meat
2. How to get rid of eye floaters with herbs?
Aloe Vera is a natural home remedy to protect eye health. It combines ingredients with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. After these properties are absorbed, they help protect and improve eye health by putting an end to eye floaters.
How to use?
- Consume a cup of Aloe Vera juice
- You can place Aloe Vera on your eyes once in a day
- Consume this juice once daily and place it 3-4 times a week for good results
The fast healing properties of Aloe Vera can have the fastest effect on eye floaters by having its antioxidant potential which can repair damaged tissues and by improving your vision. Thus it will be the best answer for constant eye floaters and dark eye floaters.
It is recommended to use the fresh gel of Aloe Vera extracted from the leaf for any topical solutions. Make sure to use within a day after plucking from the leaf for best results.
Grape seed extract
Grape seed extract is rich in antioxidants. These are substances that can protect cells from damage and may help prevent many eye floater issues.
How to use?
- Have dry grape seeds
- Consume 100mg of grape seed supplements
- Consume it 2-3 times a week
The extract of grape seed is good for the eye floaters which is rich in phytochemicals. It has antihistamine and antioxidant properties which are good for the all-round health of the eyes and sudden eye floaters.
3. How to cure eye floaters with Essential Oils?
Frankincense oil is rich in antioxidant properties that can help stimulate collagen properties and regenerate new healthy cells. It reduces eye floaters, swelling, inflammation, puffiness, and redness on the eyes.
How to use?
- Take a drop of frankincense essential oil and spread it between your fingers
- Apply this above your eyebrows and across the top of your cheekbones
- Do this 1 to 2 times daily for better results on how to get rid of eye floaters
Frankincense essential oil possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties that help in reversing retinal cell degradation, damage, and thus helping on how to get rid of eye floaters.
4. How to prevent eye floaters with Home Remedies?
How to use?
- Have a teaspoon of coconut oil and rub it in between your palms
- By closing your eyelids place over your palms over them
- Keep your hands over your eyes for 5 to 10mins
- Do it 1 to 2 times daily for good results
Coconut oil contains good benefits and is medium-chain fatty acids that help in reducing inflammation and oxidative stress caused by free radicals. It can repair retinal and macular tissues, thus combating dark eye floaters.
Always look of organic and natural coconut oil for application on the eye. Coconut oil is very safe for topical use but do a patch test if you have sensitive skin.
Green tea and honey
How to use?
- Add a spoon of green tea to a cup of water
- Boil in a saucepan and simmer for 5minutes
- Strain and let them cool a bit
- Add some honey to the green tea and consume
- Do this 2-3 times daily for best results
Green is an exception for eye floaters where caffeine is a restricted one. It is rich in antioxidants that can help improve your vision and strengthening retinal tissues by giving best inference for eye floaters pregnancy and how to get rid of eye floaters.
5. How to get rid of eye floaters with Natural Treatments?
Massage and exercise yourself
Massage and exercise have a remarkable natural effect on eye floaters and can give the best solution without using any samples.
How to do?
- Cover your eyes with the warm cloth and massage your temples gently
- Rub your hands together to generate heat and place them over your eyelids
- Roll eyes in the circular motion clockwise and anticlockwise
- Repeat 1 to 2 times a day for best natural results on how to get rid of eye floaters
An eye massage can gently reduce stress in the eye and temples. Muscles around the eyes are relaxed with heat and compression to alleviate soreness. It can eradicate eye floaters stress.
6. How to get rid of eye floaters with Supplements?
Vitamins for eye floaters
Vitamins are essential for eye health. Vitamin A is known to support eye health. Vitamin C supports the building of collagen, which makes the retina capillaries stronger and supports proper nourishment for the eye. It can help prevent floaters by keeping the eye healthy. Taurine acts as an antioxidant and supports the body’s ability to get rid of waste products.
Flaxseed oil is an essential oil which when used daily in tandem with lubricating eye drops like coconut oil it can appear to reduce dark eye floaters including burning, stinging, redness and intermittent visual disturbances.
How to use?
- Have a teaspoon of flaxseed oil and rub it in between your hands
- Close your eyelids and place over them
- Apply it above your eyebrows and over your cheekbones and leave it on overnight by having few drops of flaxseed oil
- Do it 3-4 times a week for good results on how to get rid of eye floaters
Flaxseed oil is associated and rich in the presence of omega 3 fatty acids in it. Omega 3 fatty acids are great in promoting eye health. Thus flaxseed oil can help in treating on constant eye floaters.
Always use the essential oils by mixing with a carrier oil. Do not apply it directly as it may cause inflammation. Doing a patch test is the best to avoid inflammation the eyebrows and the eye.
As discussed above, eye floaters are curable but only if you precisely follow remedies. While pursuing these remedies, make sure you keep all the precautions in mind because one mistake can make the condition even worst. The natural and home remedies for how to get rid of eye floaters are discussed and are wondrously beneficial and leave no side effects on the skin and eyes. However, if inflammation and allergies persist and become more painful over the time, make sure to consult with a physician. Hope your search on how to get rid of eye floaters ends here.