How often do you forget your keys or how many times you forget where you have kept your mobile phone? If this is natural for you, then there are chances that you might be suffering from brain fog. Don’t worry!! It is not a severe problem. You can easily work upon it and get away with it. Try some of the best natural remedies on how to get rid of brain fog in this article, and make your mind attentive once again.
Natural and Home Remedies for Brain Fog
What is brain fog?
Brain fog is a condition, which in the field of medicine, denotes an abnormality in the level of consciousness in mind. It is a mild condition and resembles a type of cognitive dysfunctioning. The sufferer often faces memory problems and lack of mental clarity. If not rendered to in time, it can lead to constant brain fog which is a severe condition.
How long does brain fog last?
It can last for a few minutes to an indefinite period. It all depends on the time you take to respond to its symptoms. Brain fog is reversible if paid proper attention to. Brain fog anxiety is the most common and easily recognizable sign of the disease.
What are the causes of brain fog?
Prominent brain fog causes are:
- Insufficiency of sleep
- Thyroid brain fog is a common symptom of hypothyroidism
- Lack of a balanced diet
- Some women face brain fog during menopause
- Diabetes cause brain fog in some people
- Lupus shows brain fog as a symptom
What are the symptoms of brain fog?
Brain fog symptoms include:
- Reduced energy levels or fatigue
- Lack of focus and concentration
- A headache
- A state of confusion
How to get rid of brain fog using natural remedies?
Natural remedies are easy to adopt and also do not leave any ill effect on the human body. If you are also suffering from brain fog, then don’t wait to choose your favorite remedy to fix your problem of brain fog in no time. Below are listed a few remedies on how to get rid of brain fog.
1. Foods that help to cure brain fog naturally
Your brain needs food to function efficiently, and if your diet is full of nutrients, then it is a boon for you. The more you cut off bad stuff like junk food and sugar-rich items, the healthier your body will be. Whatever you eat has a direct relationship with your body functioning. So it is always advisable to relish a balanced diet full of vegetables, fruits, and seeds. It is vital for a person suffering from brain fog to understand the role of food in how to get rid of brain fog. Take a look at some of the magical foods which will help you cope up with this problem.
Nuts are full of health benefits. They not only enhance the taste of your dish but also work magic in keeping your brain and body in a healthy state. Include them in your diet for how to get rid of brain fog efficiently.
How to use:
You can prepare a healthy and tasty nut yogurt by following the given steps:
- One-fourth of a cup of cashews
- Half a cup of almonds
- Half a tbsp of vanilla powder
- Two dates (remove the stone)
- Three tbsp of ground flaxseeds
- In a bowl add water and soak the cashews and almonds overnight
- In the morning, drain the water and rinse the nuts thoroughly
- Now grind the above-given nuts in a grinder. Don’t put in the flax seeds
- Don’t forget to add some water for a smooth paste.
- Pour the mixture into a sterilized glass jar
- In the last add flaxseeds and mix it well
- Now refrigerate it for 2-3 hours
- Enjoy this frozen yogurt in your dessert
Precautions to follow:
Avoid eating it frozen if you have a cold. Allow it to settle at room temperature.
Dark chocolate is full of natural stimulants which help to enhance focus and reasoning power of the brain. So if your brain feels foggy at any time, grab a bar of your favorite dark chocolate and eat a square or two to regain focus.
These beneficial green fruits help to stimulate healthy blood flow in the body which in turn increases the brain functioning.
These tiny, delicious fruits boast of an exceptionally high content of antioxidants and flavonoids which prove beneficial for the brain. Including them in your diet will help you get rid of brain fog.
Green leafy vegetables
These vegetables are a storehouse of vital nutrients and minerals. Lutein present in these vegetables plays a key role in brain health and improves focus and memory.
Foods to avoid
Certain foods that cause brain fog and you should exclude for how to get rid of brain fog include:
- Processed meat
- Artificial sweeteners
- Beverages containing caffeine
- Dairy products like cow’s milk
2. How to get rid of brain fog using incredible herbs?
Herbs are natural remedies for several diseases which our body faces. Brain fog will vanish away if you use these potent herbs.
Rosemary helps to improve memory and focus and thus acts as a reliable remedy for how to get rid of brain fog.
How to use:
You can make a rosemary drink and enjoy the intoxicating smell and taste of the herb.
- Half a tbsp. of dry rosemary
- One tbsp peppermint
- One tbsp spearmint
- One tbsp honey, (optional)
- Mix all the herbs
- Pour two cups of boiling water over the herbs
- Cover it with a lid
- Allow it to stand for at least ten minutes
- Now strain the mixture
- Add honey if you want to enhance the taste of the drink
Precautions to follow while using rosemary for how to get rid of brain fog
- Use of an excess amount of rosemary is strictly forbidden
- If you are pregnant, then use rosemary only after consultation from your doctor
Other vital herbs for how to get rid of brain fog include:
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Gotu Kola
3. How to treat brain fog with essential oils?
Essential oils come from aromatic plants that help to cure several body problems. They are 100% natural and do not lead to any side-effects on the body. Brain fog is a mild condition, and you can easily use essential oils to cure it. Some of the best essential oils to improve brain health include:
Peppermint essential oil works wonderfully in clearing brain fog naturally. If you feel a lack of focus and clarity in your mind, you can switch to this terrific essential oil as a remedy for how to get rid of brain fog.
How to use:
You can easily make a roll-on blend from this essential oil at your home and apply it to get relief from brain fog after eating your lunch in the afternoon.
- Five drops of peppermint oil
- Five drops of basil oil
- Five drops of geranium
- Five drops of wild orange
- Coconut oil
- 10 ml roller bottle
- Mix all the ingredients in the right proportion in the roller bottle
- Apply this on your temples and forehead for relief
Precautions to follow :
- Dilute essential oils before applying on your body
- Use 100% pure essential oils
- Always perform patch test if you are using peppermint essential oil for the first time
Eucalyptus oil helps to increase blood flow to the brain which in turn helps in proper functioning of the brain. It works magically against brain fog when combined with other essential oils like rosemary, bergamot, and clary sage.
Basil Essential oil
Use of this oil is undoubtedly a must if you want to tackle brain fog and boost alertness of mind. It helps to get away with mental fatigue and enhances your focus.
Other essential oils for brain fog include:
- Citrus essential oil
- Clary sage essential oil
- Juniper Berry essential oil
4. How to get rid of brain fog using home remedies?
Some of the best home remedies for getting away with mental fog include:
- Take a good sleep. Spend at least seven to eight hours sleeping as this will reenergize your body
- Avoid taking unnecessary stress
- Chill out and relax. Enjoy your favorite music or go on a movie date with your friends. It will lift your mood and will also eliminate mental fog easily
5. How to get rid of brain fog using natural treatments?
Natural treatments are one of the best remedies which give you instant relief from your ailing body. They are easily accessible and are feasible too. Some of the best remedies for how to get rid of brain fog include:
Exercising is one of the best ways to eliminate mental fog and stress. Early morning exercises fill your body with positive energy that keeps you refreshed all day long. It helps in proper blood circulation in the body and also increases the ability of your body both physically and mentally. You can choose from a variety of healthy exercises depending on your convenience. Aerobic exercises help to maintain a healthy body and soul. Make a schedule for yourself and stick to it for best results.
How to use:
You can start with easy yet impactful exercises like running and jogging. Climb stairs rather than going for lift. You can go to a gym and take the help of a trainer. Exercise will not only keep your body fit, but it will also lift your mood. You will feel more energetic and happy.
Precautions to follow:
- Never overstrain your body
- Start increasing your exercise time gradually
- Never go for exercises which you don’t like s that would make you even more irritated
Our environment is full of harmful and toxic elements owing to increased pollution. It is necessary for your body to remove these hazardous substances from your body which often accumulate in your liver, kidney, and other body parts. These often lead to mental confusion and cause brain fog.
How to use:
Detoxification is a natural process. You can easily carry it out on your own. Have a balanced diet. Drink ample amount of water in a day. Take a diet rich in vitamins for brain fog treatment.
[Read: How to Relieve Stress and Strain]
There are a few diseases which are not considered to be a severe concern by people. Brain fog is one of them. You often fail to understand its symptoms and find it to be normal. But after reading this article, you must be able to analyze things better now.
You now can understand that forgetting things is normal, but if this has become part and parcel of your life, then it certainly needs your attention.Instead of looking for medical help, you can try your hands on these magical natural remedies on how to get rid of brain fog and make your mind alert again.