Black eye beyond the ramp isn’t beautiful. The pigmented eye foretells your clumsiness. It is caused due to injury in the eye region that results in blood clotting. Yes, the blue-black mark occurs when the blood vessels under the skin get ruptured causing the blood to accumulate in the area.
It is hard not to draw attention with that black panda eye, but ironically it isn’t cute. Yes, you can hide it by putting on your shades or cover it with loads of makeup, but these temporary hinges don’t save you much. You must do something to clear that black eye. Here are some natural remedies for how to get rid of a black eye.
Recommended: Natural Home Remedies conjunctivitis
What Causes Black Eye?
Black eye or periorbital hematoma is caused due to bruising around the eye. The bruise may occur because of the following reasons:
- Injury on the face, near the eye, causing blood vessels to rupture and leak blood.
- Cosmetic surgery or dental treatment
- Medical issues like a fracture in the skull
What to Put on a Black Eye To Get Rid of it Naturally?
A black eye is caused due to clotting of blood around the eye. It is not a severe condition but moving around with that pigmented eye isn’t a pleasant experience. It gets you unwanted attention. The black eye will eventually disappear with time, but yes it would take time.
If you wish to clear it as soon as possible, then follow how to get rid of the black eye remedies mentioned below. These simple treatments quicken the healing process and liberate you from those large shades fast.
1. Foods that can Help Heal a Black Eye
How to Treat a Black Eye with Potato?
Your kitchen has some powerful ingredients that help you in numerous ways. Those looking for how to get rid of a black eye must try this potato home remedy to accelerate the skin’s healing process.
How to use?
- Take a raw potato and cut it into slices
- Put a slice of the potato on the black eye
- Leave the slice on the eye for around twenty minutes and then remove it.
- Repeat this remedy to at least four times a day to clear the bruise mark.
Benefits of Raw Potato
Raw potato is highly beneficial in treating injury marks. It is rich in powerful enzymes that help dissolve the blood clots. Further, these have anti-inflammatory properties that ease the inflammation around the eye and reduce the swelling.
Also Read: Soursop Benefits For Eye
Potato is a safe remedy for the black eye. Every time place a fresh slice of potato on the eye.
Foods to eat
Your diet is most crucial for your health and well-being. What all you eat reflects on the outside. If you have developed a black eye, then eat foods rich in Vitamin C that work from the inside and heal the injury as fast as possible. Add following foods in your diet:
- Sweet Potatoes
Foods to avoid
Getting injured is something very common but developing a bruise on even a slight hit is worrisome. It is a result of a poor diet that has significantly affected your health and your body’s healing mechanism. Here are the foods that you must avoid to live a healthy life
- Fried foods
- Processed foods with refined carbohydrates
- Foods high in sugar
2. Herbal Treatments to Cure Black Eye
How to Get Rid of a Black Eye with Green Tea?
Green tea is a fantastic drink with numerous benefits. It is not only the tea that boosts your health, but the used tea bags also have some excellent use. The used tea bags can be helpful in treating your black eye. So do not discard your bag after making the tea, instead use it to heal the black eye.
How to use?
- Once you have made the tea, take out the green tea bag and put it on the bruised eye while the bag is still warm. You can place the tea bags on both the eyes
- Keep them on for around fifteen to twenty minutes and then remove them.
- Repeat the process two times a day to get the desired results quickly.
Benefits of Green Tea
Green tea is an effective home remedy for getting rid of a black eye. It is rich in antioxidants that accelerate the healing process. Further, the tannins present in the tea have anti-inflammatory properties that soothe your skin and ease the pain and swelling caused due to the injury.
Also Read: Natural Treatments to Reduce Swelling
The tea bags should be warm. Use them neither too hot or nor too cold.
3. Use Essential Oils for Black Eye Treatment
How to Heal Black Eye with Lavender Essential Oil?
A Black Eye can completely mar your look. If you wish to treat it as soon as possible, then try using lavender essential oil. It is one of the best remedies for how to get rid of a black eye.
How to use?
- Add two to three drops of lavender essential oil in a tablespoon of a carrier oil like olive oil or jojoba oil
- Apply the blend around the eye and massage gently
- Leave it for the night and then wash off the next morning
- Repeat the process for a few days until the black eye heals.
Read More: Lavender Oil Benefits for General Health
Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender Essential oil is analgesic and has strong anti-inflammatory properties that ease the swelling and pain while diminishing the pigmentation around the eye.
Lavender Essential Oil is highly potent. Using it directly around the eye can hurt your delicate eye as well as the skin. Hence, it is necessary to dilute it. If it still irritates your eye, then wash it off immediately.
4. Home Remedies for curing Black Eye
How to Get Rid of a Black Eye with Cayenne Pepper and Vaseline?
Yes, you read it right, cayenne pepper is one of the powerful remedies that can treat your black eye quick.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of powdered cayenne pepper to five teaspoons of Vaseline
- Mix the contents to get a uniform paste
- Apply the paste evenly around the black eye
- Leave it for one to two hours
- After that, wash it with water
- Repeat the remedy two times a day to accelerate the healing process.
Benefits of Cayenne Pepper and Vaseline Mixture
Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin which has potent anti-inflammatory properties that ease the swelling and speed up the healing of the injury. Further, it acts as a natural pain reliever and effectively reduces the pain in the region.
Do not apply the mixture too close to the eye. If it irritates your eye, then wash off immediately.
[Read: Natural Remedies for Pinkeye]
5. Natural Treatments for Getting Rid of a Black Eye
How to Heal Black Eye with a Warm Compress?
It is nothing new for children to get bruised while playing or learning something new. But if the bruise is on the eye, then it may tense you. However, you can prevent the development of a black eye or reduce its appearance with a warm compress.
How to use?
- Take a warm compress and apply it gently on the eye for around five minutes
- Repeat it three times
- You should try the warm compress two to three times daily.
Benefits of a Warm Compress
Warm compress is a safe and easy method for reducing black eye in kids as well as adults. It relieves the pain caused due to the injury. Further, it improves the blood circulation thus aiding in getting rid of the blood clot that causes a black eye. It is an excellent remedy for how to get rid of a black eye.
You must not use the compress when too hot. Also, do not place the compress on the eye for more than ten minutes.
How to Prevent a Black Eye?
Injuries are common, but not good for you. Here are some tips on how to prevent injuries to the eye:
- Wear protective gear while indulging in contact sports like boxing, martial arts, etc.
- Place the rugs and carpets correctly without wrinkles, to avoid tripping.
- Wear a helmet while riding a bike or cycling
- Always wear a seatbelt when traveling in a car.
- Wear protective goggles when doing woodwork or gardening.
Your eyes are a delicate organ, and you must protect them from injuries. While the black eye isn’t such a serious concern, still you need to be careful with your eyes. However, if you somehow get an injury around the eye region and develop a black eye, then do not hide out in your room, instead, try the remedies mentioned above for how to get rid of a black eye. These aid in the quick healing of the blood clot and removal of the black eye.