Raisins are sun-dried grapes available in yellow, brown, or black colors. This nature’s candy is usually every child’s favorite because of its sweet taste. To utilize the health benefits of raisins in children, parents are often advised to include them in their diet. Raisins for babies work in numerous ways to treat constipation. You can now avoid using laxatives, and give them raisins as a portion of finger food, or as an alternative to cut down their sugar cravings.
They might be tiny, but they are power-packed with nutrition. These dry fruits are known for their multiple benefits on the body, and also, it can be consumed in the most hassle freeway.
What Are the Health Benefits of Raisins Daily?
If you eat raisins for nutrition, you can be rest assured that it is doing a job for you.2 tbsp of raisins serves only 100 calories and gives the required amount of protein by your body.
- Raisins are known to control your blood pressure. The potassium in raisins helps in balancing the blood pressure caused by salt consumption.
- If you have trouble with bowel movement, you must try raisins for constipation. It has high fiber content that serves as a natural laxative when you soak in water. Raisins for babies(1) also are a safe way to treat constipation in them.
- If you have a sweet tooth, you can cut down on the harmful sugar by eating a handful of raisins. The sweet taste helps in cutting down your intake of white sugar, and aids in weight loss. Raisin for calorie conscious people is a must!
- Eat raisins every day if you have bad breath. The power anti-bacterial nature of raisins helps to remove bad odor from your mouth.
- Raisins are rich in calcium and help to improve the strength of bones.
- If your hemoglobin count is low, or you’re anemic, you must eat raisins every day. It is rich in iron, and this helps in the formation of red blood cells in the body. This process increases the blood supply and controls your anemia.
[Read: Diet to Beat Adrenal Fatigue]
Methods to eat raisins
1. Raw Raisin For Bowel Movements:
The best and most comfortable way to eat raisin is to eat it raw. Have it after a workout, or yoga, or after you wake up in the morning. This food serves as a great snack between meals or as a snack while traveling.
Raisins for babies are a great source of fiber that helps in their bowel movements.
2. Soaked Raisins Keep High Blood Pressure in Check
What are the benefits of raisins soaked in water? Another method to have raisins is to have them soaked. Immerse them in water overnight. The next morning, on an empty stomach, eat them. This method is a very healthy process of consuming raisins. The minerals, vitamins, and nutrients in the outer skin of the raisin get dissolved in the water. It is also safe to drink the water. It helps to reduce blood pressure and works as an excellent home remedy for people with high blood pressure.
3. Oatmeal Smoothie to Cure Anemia
The best way to utilize the benefits of raisins is to add it to an oatmeal smoothie.
Things you will need – ½ cup oats, 1 cup milk, 1 tbsp raisins, cinnamon powder.
Method – Soak all of the above ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate it overnight. Take it out in the morning and grind it to a smoothie. You can also add some chopped fruits to make it even more delicious and some vanilla essence to it.
[Read: Remove Eye Bags Using Raisins]
- Raisins are great for everybody, but if you have diabetes, you must monitor your blood sugar levels if you continue to eat raisins.
- Over-consumption can also lead to unnecessary weight gain if you overeat.
- Check for allergies. Not many people are known to be allergic, but if you experience symptoms of itching, swelling, breathlessness, you must stop consuming them.
Raisin is power-packed with essential vitamins and minerals(2). It has enough sugar to keep you energetic and aids you in cutting down your sweet intake. Overeating anything can be harmful, and if you do it, you might end up consuming more calories and utilize lesser health benefits of raisins. Maintain a balance and make it a part of your daily diet. 1 tsp of raisin every day will keep you healthy and also keep diseases at bay.