Do you feel that the world around you starts spinning violently? Then this might be a symptom of Dizziness. Dizziness is a condition that causes sudden and intense nausea, fainting, and vomiting. Generally, Dizziness is an underlying medical condition and sometimes occurs only once, but in some cases, this can re-occur until the underlying cause isn’t treated.
It can also limit an individual’s activities and make him feel sick. There are numerous ways to cure Dizziness(1), but what if we say that there are effective exercises for Dizziness. Shocked? Keep reading to know how to perform the essential exercises for Dizziness.
Did You Know!
Essential Exercises for Dizziness
1. Epley Maneuver
The direction to perform Epley maneuver on yourself is on the left side. Turn your head in the opposite direction if you have a problem with the right side.
How to perform?
- At the edge of your bed, stretch your legs in front of you. Turn your head 45 degrees to the left.
- Lie down and keep your head turned to the left. Wait for half a minute.
- Then turn your head to the right at 90 degrees, until you face 45 degrees to your right side. Wait for half a minute.
- Roll over onto your right side before sitting up.
- Perform these movements three times before going to bed.
[Also Read: Home Remedies for Dizziness]
2. Semont Maneuver
How to perform?
For Dizziness(2) from the left ear and side:
- Sit on the edge of your bed and turn your head 45 degrees to the right.
- Lie down quickly on your left side and stay for half a minute.
- Move quickly to lie down on the opposite end of your bed. Look at the floor and keep it at a 45-degree angle and stay in this position for half a minute.
- Slowly return to sitting and remain in this position for a few minutes.
- Reverse these moves for the right ear.
- Perform these movements three times a day until you go 24 hours without vertigo.
[ Read: Natural Remedies for Scars and Dark Spots Using Coconut Oil ]
3. Half-Somersault or Foster Maneuver
How to perform?
- Kneel down and look up at the sky for a few seconds.
- Touch the ground with your head, by tucking the chin in. Push the head towards the knees. Stay in this position for about half a minute.
- Raise your head quickly, so it levels with the back. Keep the head at that 45-degree angle. Stay in this position for half a minute.
- Raise your head quickly, so it’s fully upright and keep the head turned to the shoulder of the side you are working on. Slowly stand-up.
- Try this a few times and rest for 10-20 minutes before trying the second time.
4. Brandt-Daroff Exercise
How to perform?
- Start in an upright seated position on the bed.
- Turn your head around 45 degrees away from the side, causing your vertigo. With your nose pointed up move, into the lying position on one side.
- Wait for half a minute or until vertigo eases off.
- Move back to a seated position and repeat on another side.
- Perform for about 3-5 times in a day for up to 2 weeks.
[Also Read: Essential Oils for Dizziness]
Lifestyle Measures to Avoid Dizziness
Here are some of the lifestyle measures to avoid Dizziness. Read on.
- Avoid darting and, if you need, walk with a cane for stability.
- Always be aware of the possibility of losing the balance, that can lead to falling and severe injury.
- Eat a healthy diet and drink enough fluids and get enough sleep. Also, avoid depression and stress.
- Avoid the usage of alcohol, caffeine, salt, and tobacco to avoid Dizziness. Excessive use can aggravate the condition.
- Immediately Sit and lie down when you feel dizzy.
- Avoid operating heavy machinery or driving a car if you feel frequent Dizziness.
- Rest in a cool and dry place if your Dizziness is caused by dehydration or overeating.
Relaxing your mind and body will help you deal with Dizziness with ease. The above-listed exercises for Dizziness will help you control the significant symptoms and quickly aid recovery. Make sure that you perform the exercise carefully, or else it can aggravate the condition. Follow lifestyle measures to avoid Dizziness and have a calm mind. Embrace the benefits of exercises for Dizziness and live a peaceful life.
1. What is Dizziness?
Dizziness is when an individual feels the disorienting feeling of being unbalanced or lightheaded. Feelings of fainting or spinning environment or moving around him. Both these feelings can sometimes occur along with vomiting or nausea.
2. What are the causes and symptoms of Dizziness?
The common causes include medications, migraine, and alcohol. Also, the cause includes problem in the inner ear and often a result of vertigo as well. Confusion, faintness, vomiting or nausea, feeling off balance, and tightness or chest pain are some of the symptoms of Dizziness.
3. What are the other treatments for Dizziness?
The other effective treatments include drinking plenty of water, taking more ginger, vitamin C, vitamin E, iron, and vitamin C rich foods. You can opt for exercises as well as lifestyle practices such as Relax and hydrate, Acupuncture, Physical Therapy, and Self-awareness.