Natural remedies and products are becoming more and more popular these days. People do not want to fall prey to the side effects of chemical drugs. So, they are trying to find easy, quick and economical solutions for their health or body issues.
Owing to this, people have realized that essential oils act wonders for many body and health problems. Antifungal essential oils are one such remedy which fights fungal infections and give quick relief with no side effects.
Fungal infections are the result of bad fungi development in or on your body due to a weakened immune system. Most of the fungal infections are not fatal but may become potentially dangerous if not treated in time.
[ Read: Home Remedies for Bacterial Infections ]
Causes for Fungal Infection
- Yeasts or dermatophytes
- Fungal infection tends to grapple in its clutches those who have a weakened immune system. Thus, people who have diabetes, HIV positive, suffering from cancer or AIDS are most likely to suffer from fungal infections. Children and elderly are prone to it too.
- Those who sweat profusely are highly likely to promote fungus growth. Thus, those with tight and sweaty clothes and uncomfortable shoes and socks and those from warm, humid climate usually suffer.
- They spread rapidly due to personal contact with the sufferer or when fungal (1)spores are inhaled.
- Skin darkening
- Rashes and small bumps
- Leaky Gut
- Burning sensation during sex
- Fatigue and ADHD
[ Also Read: Home Remedies For Insomnia]
What Essential Oils are Antifungal?
1. Tea Tree Essential Oil for fungal infections
This oil, which also goes by the name of melaleuca oil, is famed for its multi-purpose properties(2). Obtained from the indigenous plant species of Australia, these oil works wonder for your skin and hair. Also, it keeps terrible odor at bay.
Why one should use Tea Tree Oil for fungal infections?
Tea tree oil is effective in terminating a significant lot of bad fungus. It helps to alleviate fungal toe infection. Besides, it brings much-needed relief from Athlete’s foot too. It puts you out of your misery without dangerous side effects.
How to use Tea tree oil for fungal infections?
- Blend the oil with equal amount of coconut oil.
- Apply topically on the affected area.
- Wash your hands carefully to avoid further spreading of infection.
- Also, it can be topically applied purely without a carrier oil.
[ Read: Essential Oils For Athlete’s Foot ]
2. Peppermint Essential Oil for fungal infections
This versatile oil offers a wide array of health benefits to all those who use it efficiently. This oil dramatically relieves all those perturbed due to irritable bowel syndrome. Besides, this synthesis of water mint and spearmint helps to mitigate muscle and joint pain.
Why one should use Peppermint essential oil for fungal infections?
Anti-Fungal properties of Peppermint oil excellently manage to salve the adverse symptoms of candida. Furthermore, peppermint oil has had promising results against other fungal infections too.
How to use Peppermint Essential Oil for fungal infections?
- Apply topically solely or with a carrier oil.
- Spread carefully around the affected area.
- Remember to carefully wash off your hands to avoid the unchecked spread of the disease.
3. Thyme Essential Oil for fungal infections
Thyme oil is counted among as the most potent antioxidant known to humanity. Also, it plays a commendable role in regulating blood pressure, improving digestion, maintaining heart health, alleviate joint pain and its calming properties soothes anxiety.
Why one should use Thyme Essential oil for fungal infections?
Thyme essential oil plays a significant role in removing fungus from the food. Owing to its aggressive action in eliminating different sorts of fungal strains, it has found its usage in food and pharmaceuticals. This oil plays a dominating role in checking the spread of candida thereby keeping a check on yeast infection growth.
How to use Thyme Essential Oil for fungal infections?
- Dilute this oil with a few drops of coconut oil.
- Honey can also be used instead of coconut oil.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area to check the further spread of yeast infection.
- Be cautious not to apply anywhere other than the affected area.
4. Oregano Essential Oil for fungal infections
It is high time that we discuss the broad spectrum of application to which oregano oil can be put to. This oil is obtained from oregano plant and since the bygone era is being used owing to its anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, anti-cancer, antiviral and anti-fungal characteristics.
Why one should use essential oregano oil for fungal infections?
Oregano oil provides immense relief from various types of fungal infections. In particular, it has wide demand as it counterattacks fungal infection on the skin. It has both internal as well as external application and reduces allergic reaction caused by different sorts of dreadful fungi. Carvacrol and thymol present in this oil prevent candida overgrowth.
How to use Oregano Essential Oil for fungal infections?
- Mix a few drops of oregano oil with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Apply topically on affected areas to promote healing of candida.
- Can also be used with heat and salt to salve athlete’s foot.
- Apply carefully so as not to affect areas other than infected ones.
Other Antifungal Essential Oils List
- Lemon essential oil
- Clove essential oil
- Geranium essential oil
- Bitter almond essential oil
- Cinnamon essential oil
- Citronella essential oil
- Eucalyptus essential oil
- Black pepper essential oil
- Cassia essential oil
- Manuka essential oil
- Lavender Essential oil
Why Use These Essential Oils for Fungal Infections?
These essential oils delve into the cause of fungal infections which rob you off of your healthy sense of well being. They have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antimicrobial and antifungal properties which relieve the infuriating symptoms that get a hold on you on the onset of such infections(3). Fungal infections are not too trying, but once they get a grip of you, they resist letting go.
Synthetic drugs and certain other medications alleviate the symptoms, but they strike back when you are most vulnerable. Besides, these drugs have potential side effects capable enough to hold you under the weather and in certain instances have fatal consequences. This is why one must trust essential oils.
How do Antifungal Essential Oils Benefit?
The man has been using essential oils since the dawn of civilization to deal with various health adversities and to revivify himself after battling severe issues, both physically as well as mentally. Fungal infections are no different in this regard, and these potent chemical extracts of plants have many anti-inflammatories, antiseptic and fungicidal properties which provide much-needed relief just in the nick of time against fatal consequences of fungal infections.
These concentrated oils trigger the healing properties that are soothing, and which inhibit the growth of various sorts of fungi which otherwise catapult multitudinous allergic reactions which are devastating to your well being.
[ Read: Home Remedies to Cure Pollen Allergy ]
How to Use Essential Oils for Fungal Infection?
One must know the correct way to use different sorts of essential oils for various fungal infections. The different properties of these essential oils have different reactions, and therefore one must know how to use each essential oil properly.
- Mix a few drops of these oils in combination or solely depending upon their characteristics along with 15-20 drops of carrier oil. Apply this mixture topically to affected areas to get relief.
- Proceed with circumspection so as not to spread fungus on the healthy skin.
- Diffuse these oils using vapor diffuser to ensure healthy and fungus free air.
- Cinnamon, clove and thyme oils can also be taken internally in tiny amounts.
DIY essential oils
DIY Antifungal role on the bend
Use ten drops each of tea tree essential oil, patchouli essential oil, clove essential oil, lavender and five drops of peppermint essential oil. Dilute it with thirty drops of carrier oil such as almond. Blend them correctly in a roller bottle. Stir it well to apply topically on the affected area.
DIY for athlete’s foot rub
This antifungal essential oil recipe proves quite beneficial in tackling an athlete’s foot. Mix 1 tbsp of coconut oil in 10-20 drops of tea tree oil and apply it topically on affected areas.
Dos and Don’ts of Essential Oils
- Place your trust on FDA approved essential oils. Ensure that your essential oils are adulteration free.
- Always dilute your essential oils with carrier oils as they are highly concentrated and direct application may prove detrimental to the skin.
- Don’t use it in pregnancy.
- Let healthcare experts be the judge whether you should consume it internally. Don’t use without recommendation.
Essential oils are elixirs of life but with great power, comes responsibility too. One should be cautious when using these oils as they are highly concentrated. Always make sure to get a patch test before to find out about your skin allergies. Consult thoroughly with healthcare experts if undergoing treatments or under medications.
- Skin irritation and itching may follow when applied undiluted.
- Pregnant women and babies, when exposed to essential oils, may have serious ramifications.
- When taken internally, extreme complications may arise that may even lead to death.
- Photosensitizing oil may cause skin discoloration and burning.
- Higher risks of allergies.
[ Read: Natural Methods to Stop Itching ]
Home Remedies for Fungal Infection
Nothing beats garlic when it comes to treating fungal infections using homemade recipes or products. People use garlic to get relief from ringworm, candida, Torulopsis, Trichophyton and Cryptococcus. To get in the desired results, make a paste of crushed garlic and blend it with coconut or olive oil. Apply on the affected area using a piece of cloth and gauze it.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is the ultimate choice for treating candida owing to its antifungal infections. It can also reduce the severity of itchiness and dryness caused due to ringworm. Use a cotton ball and soak in it apple cider vinegar to apply on the infected area.
3. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is the go-to household product when you are in agony owing to numerous sorts of fungal infections. Antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties of aloe vera impede the growth rate of fungal infections. Apply aloe vera gel thrice a day to alleviate the symptoms of fungal infections such as itchiness.
Essential oils are boon to humanity provided their usage is proper. They have miraculous healing properties and a broad spectrum of application capable of mitigating several problems which otherwise just won’t let go. Essential oils are a compelling alternative to synthetic drugs which wreak havoc in your life with their dangerous side effects.
Essential oils, on the other hand, are scientifically proven to provide you relief from your conditions once and for all thereby ensuring that the symptoms won’t repeat themselves. You ought to be patient and use these oils with proper care. Even these potent natural extracts may prove nugatory if used in the wrong manner. The incorrect usage may lead to your doom and the same extracts, when used correctly, are life-affirming.