Don’t we all dream of hourglass figures and slender silhouettes while nurturing our secret sins of indulging in desserts and junk food? We do. Don’t we all love to hit the gym to slog like slaves at the cardio? We do. And don’t we wish to starve than thrust steamed and boiled veggies down our miserable throats? We do. We do it all. But will God ever listen to us? It is our deepest desire to get slim in the most relaxed, laid back, and comfortable way. But can that be possible? It is a big yes and that too at the comfort of your home. Epsom salt can successfully help you to shed those extra pounds.
Read on to find out the calmest and peaceful means of losing excess body weight by using Epsom salt for weight loss.
Epsom Salt for Weight Loss
About Epsom salt and weight loss
Epsom salt is a mineral salt of magnesium and sulfur that is replete with hundreds of medicinal uses and health benefits. The chemical formula of Epsom salt is MgSO4·7H2O.
Epsom salt is incredibly beneficial for health and beauty. From the cure of soreness of muscles to healing external inflammation, skin ailments, and hair troubles, there is almost nothing that a pinch of Epsom salt cannot address. And it includes weight loss too. But for that, it is imperative to know about weight gain and obesity.
What is weight gain and obesity?
Weight gain is the abnormal increase in the weight of the body caused by the excess consumption of food, sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy diet and habits, hormonal imbalance, genetics, and more. Obesity is the condition of excessive gain in weight.
What are the symptoms of weight gain?
Some of the symptoms of weight gain include:
- Shortness of breath
- Cardiac problems
- Acid reflux
- High blood pressure
- Pain in muscles and joints
- High cholesterol
How can Epsom salt become your partner in weight loss?
1. Epsom salt gets absorbed rapidly
The quick action of Epsom salt on the body weight is because it gets quickly absorbed into the skin. The salt becomes active immediately by increasing the level of sulfate and magnesium in the blood which is essential for weight.
2. Epsom salt helps with detoxification
Epsom salt is a fantastic agent of detoxification of the bloodstream. It extracts nitrogenous toxins, phosphorus, and sodium from the body along with the excessively accumulated fat cells. The detoxification of the body contributes to the enhancement of the calorie-burning capacity and metabolism of the body.
3. Epsom salt regulates metabolism
The regulation of metabolism of the body occurs due to the detoxifying nature of Epsom salt. With the improvement of metabolism, the absorption of nutrients from food gets enhanced as well. Epsom salt also helps in curbing overeating, hunger cravings, excess appetite thereby preventing excess gain in body weight.
[Read: Epsom salt Benefits for Hair]
Top 4 Magnificent DIY Methods of Using Epsom Salt for Weight Loss at Home
1. Water and Epsom salt for weight loss
Soak in an Epsom salt and water bath for the most relaxing uses of Epsom salt for weight loss.
How to use?
- Fill a bathtub with lukewarm water. Test the temperature of the water with your fingers before getting into the tub.
- Add two teaspoons of Epsom salt to the water in the bathtub and stir well to make sure that it gets completely dissolved. The Epsom salt bath is now ready.
- Get into the bathtub and soak your body in the water for about 20-25 minutes. Relax in the bath and massage your arms and legs with the salt water.
- Bathe in the Epsom salt water on a daily basis for the effective natural treatment of obesity.
- You may increase the quantity of Epsom salt from a few teaspoons to 1-2 cups of it with time but not beyond it.
Taking an Epsom salt bath is the best way of using Epsom salt for weight loss. Soaking your body in the lukewarm Epsom salt water in the bathtub helps in slimming down quickly and effectively.
The crystals of Epsom salt create a unified and static electric field that contributes to the detoxification of Done the blood and the elimination of fat cells from the body thus aiding in the loss of excess body weight.
[Also Read: Natural Remedies To Lose Weight]
2. Baking soda, water, and Epsom salt for weight loss
Baking soda is a terrific cleanser. Adding it to Epsom salt water bath improves the overall experience of an Epsom salt water bath.
How to use?
- For the preparation of this bath, you need a bathtub, Epsom salt, baking soda, hot water, and a bathing sponge.
- Fill the bathtub with hot water and test the temperature of the bath water before getting into the tub.
- Add two cups of finely powdered Epsom salt to the hot water with gentle stirring to prepare a solution.
- Add two cups of finely powdered baking soda to the Epsom salt and water solution in the bathtub. The bath is now ready.
- Soak your body in the bathtub for about 20 minutes. Use the bath sponge to scrub your body with the hot water.
- Scrub your body gently with the bath sponge while in the bath.
- Bathe and scrub in the Epsom salt and baking soda water to shed the extra flab and look gorgeous.
The blend of baking soda and Epsom salt is an incredible use of Epsom salt for weight loss. The addition of baking soda enhances the cleansing property of Epsom salt. The presence of baking soda in the bath water helps in accelerating the process of detoxification of the blood.
Bathing in the water helps in the alleviation of stress and anxiety which are the primary causes of overeating and consequent weight gain.
When the body feels stress and anxiety the level of adrenaline increases but the level of magnesium decreases. The Epsom salt gets absorbed through the skin to increase the amount of magnesium in the body. The magnesium gets absorbed into the blood to enhance the level of serotonin which is a hormone that is known for inducing calmness and relaxation. Bathe in water, baking soda, and Epsom salt water to beat stress, feel calm and composed, and cut down on binge eating and weight gain.
[Read: Baking Soda Benefits for Weight Loss ]
3. Ginger, water, and Epsom salt for weight loss
We are sure you might have never taken a ginger bath. So, get ready to know how ginger mixed with Epsom salt for weight lossworks.
How to use?
- For the preparation of this wonderfully relaxing bath, you need hot bathing water, a bathtub, Epsom salt, and a few teaspoons of freshly grated ginger.
- Turn the hot water tap on and fill the bathtub with lukewarm water. Make sure that the temperature of the water is comfortable enough for bathing. Do not add any essential oils to the bath as they might degrade the effects of Epsom salt.
- Pour two cups of fine Epsom salt into the lukewarm water in the tub and stir the water to ensure that the salt gets evenly dissolved.
- Grate an inch-sized chunk of ginger into pieces. Add three to four teaspoons of the grated ginger into the bathtub. Add the ginger juice into the water as well. Stir again and make sure that the constituents get evenly mixed. The bath water is now ready.
- Get into the bathtub and relax in the water for about half an hour. Rinse your body with the water and scrub your arms, legs, chest, and face while bathing.
- Take a bath on a regular basis to burn the calories faster and become healthy, slender, and beautiful.
The presence of ginger in the bathing water works wonders for shedding the excess body weight. It begins by unclogging the skin pores which get blocked due to the excess secretion of oil and sebum by the skin. The unblocking of the skin pores helps in the enhancement of detoxification. The toxins get eliminated quickly via sweating through the unclogged pores. With the removal of toxins from the body the body loses excess and unhealthy weight effectively.
[Read: Supplements For Weight Loss]
4. Apple cider vinegar, water, and Epsom salt for weight loss
You might be already aware of the fact that apple cider vinegar is excellent for weight loss. But have you ever bathed in it? Try one right now for the most extraordinary use of Epsom salt for weight loss.
How to use?
- There is a specific ratio of 2:1 for the mixture of apple cider vinegar and Epsom salt. Get the bathtub ready and fill it with warm water.
- Pour two cups of apple cider vinegar into the bath water and stir gently to prepare a solution.
- Add a cup of fine Epsom salt to the water and stir again to make sure that every constituent gets evenly dissolved. The bath is now ready.
- Soak your body in the water and relax in the bath for about 20-25 minutes. Make sure that the water remains warm and comfortable while you are bathing in it.
- Rinse every nook and corner of the body with the bath water.
- Take a bath on a regular basis to shed your weight and get fit and slim.
Apple cider vinegar, water, and Epsom salt make a potent blend for the natural treatment of weight gain and obesity. The apple cider vinegar in the water aids in the enhancement of metabolism in the body. Increase in the rate of metabolism is not only good for the loss of excess weight but is also fantastic for the natural alleviation of digestive disorders.
Bathing in the solution of apple cider vinegar and Epsom salt is incredibly useful for the cure of muscle pain and soreness as well. Relaxing in the bath helps in soothing pain and inflammation of the joints and provides relief from cramps and body ache.
A few words of caution
- Do not spend more than half an hour in the Epsom salt bath.
- Avoid the ingestion of Epsom salt as it is highly laxative and causes diarrhea.
- Excessive bathing in Epsom salt water causes hyperactivity, irritability, fatigue, irregularity of the menstrual cycle.
- Do not take Epsom salt bath during pregnancy.
Extensive research suggests that taking Epsom salt bath is exceedingly beneficial for the loss of excess body weight. Bathing in the water of Epsom salt for weight loss is the best that you can do for your body.
The Epsom salt bath is not only good for the cue of chronic inflammation, gout, muscle cramps, and persistent body ache but is also excellent for rejuvenating healthy glow and beauty. Shed the weight and get stunning and gorgeous with Epsom salt right from today.