What shall you use to get rid of the pain you are suffering for many days? Are those pain relievers, sprays, and medicines in the market reliable enough? Do they even give you a long-term relief for your pains? If you are juggling with these questions and your pain trying to find out that one perfect solution that actually works, then this blog is the best read you can find.
Pain is something that everyone experiences at some point in life but there are a few for whom it might become a habit to live without. But you don’t deserve to be that one, do you? The time has come to relieve the pain you have in your body by moving on to the permanent and long-term effects rather than just a temporary solution. This extremely beneficial solution can be no less than turmeric for pain.
Benefits of Turmeric in Healing Pain
Everything you need to know about Turmeric
Turmeric is the most popular spice to add a tangy and spicy flavor along with the colorful look. Turmeric is widely famous all over the globe. The yellow spice gets extensively favored in the Asian countries. Turmeric has found its use in the Indian Ayurvedic medicines for centuries now. It was even used to cure war victims in olden times. It is considered to be very pure and sacred, that’s why in most places in India it is used in a ritual before marriage.
Some people use it for flavor or color, but they often neglect the medicinal properties of this spice. Turmeric has some significant health benefits which are unknown to most of the people. You can consume it in the powdered form, but some people also prefer it raw. They chew the stems which are the purest form of turmeric.
The stems of turmeric possess some astonishing pain-relieving compounds. You can even buy a bunch of turmeric stems and get them ground in a grinder. Turmeric powder is also readily available in any grocery store. It is one of the most primary things which you need for the kitchen.
Generic Benefits of Turmeric
Do you even know that apart from the kitchen it can also replace all your health kits? Yes, you read it right. Turmeric is the solution to all your problems which you may face or which you are already facing. Turmeric has a significant number of positive effects on a person’s body like the following:
- It assists in preventing inflation in one’s body
- It also possesses properties which are antibacterial, protecting a person from bacterial infection
- Turmeric boosts the immunity of a person and lowers down the cholesterol level in the body
- It also helps to relieve pain and protects the body from cancer
- It saves you from the harmful effects of pathogens which may enter your body through any means
- It is highly recommended to give your kids a pinch of turmeric powder in the developing ages as it makes them immune in the future
- Curcuma Longa, which is one of the primary components of turmeric is known to possess key enzymes which helps the people to fight diseases and relieve pain
- This component is a member of the ginger family, and this is the reason why turmeric has so many beneficial effects on a person’s body.
Why use Turmeric for pain treatment?
You must be thinking that yes turmeric is useful in many senses, but why only turmeric for pain treatments? There are many other pain relievers available in the market. There are multiple ways to relieve the pain in a short duration of time. Why should you choose the only turmeric for your issue? Ask one question to yourself. Are those treatments for long term or are they even helping you for future or are they just relieving in that very instant only?
If you are still suffering from the pains of your last unfortunate accident, then what has kept you waiting? Have some turmeric for pain relief and make your wounds heal faster than usual.
Turmeric often gets referred to as the world famous Indian saffron. Turmeric gives you some long-term effects and improves your body immunity to great extents. The helping compound is known as curcumin. You must also know that it is scientifically proven that curcumin reduces specific inflammation which helps in alleviating the pain. Turmeric has been in use in the Indian (Ayurvedic) Medicine scene since time immemorial.
The Ayurvedic Medicinal branch has spoken in great terms about the numerous benefits of turmeric for curing multiple problems. And if you take an ayurvedic medicine for relieving yourself from pains, you will find turmeric to be a primary ingredient in the medication. Even other medications which are not ayurvedic consists of components which you can find in turmeric.
The International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition conducted a study and published it. It suggested various benefits of turmeric, and it showed how turmeric could be the best possible remedy to relieve pains. The research was animal-based, and most of the experiments proved that turmeric has loads of positive effects on the body of a person.
How can you use turmeric for pain?
Turmeric finds its use in various vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. It is used in curries mainly. In India, it gets used in almost everything. It adds a unique flavor to any meal, and it also gives it a vibrant color. Turmeric is readily available in the market, and it can be kept it kitchens and stores. However, just like most of the spices turmeric is best when it is fresh. So it is highly advised that you buy turmeric only when it is needed. And avoid using turmeric which has been kept for a long time.
How to use?
Turmeric is readily available in everyone’s kitchen; there are a lot of recipes you can try at home. It can also be taken raw, in powdered form, etc. However, there are some dishes which taste good and can be a better way to take turmeric.
Here are some DIY techniques to make use of turmeric:
1. Turmeric milk
For making turmeric milk, you will require to do the following:
- Half tablespoon of turmeric
- A cup of milk
- Two spoons of sugar (you can always add more or less sugar according to your taste)
- Clarified butter (Ghee)
- Boil one cup of any milk
- Add a half tablespoon of turmeric
- Add sugar if it is necessary. It is highly advisable to add sugar. It will enhance the taste of the milk.
- Let the milk boil for at least 3 to 5 minutes
- Pour the milk in a cup
- After you pour it in the cup add one to two tablespoons of clarified butter (Ghee) to the milk
- Stir it with a spoon to make the turmeric and sugar mix appropriately in the milk
- Drink it sip by sip
Drink it slowly, sip by sip, and that will let turmeric genuinely affect your body. It also helps diabetes patients. Just make sure to exclude the sugar when you serve turmeric milk to a diabetes patient.
2. Turmeric Paste
For making Turmeric Paste, you will require the following:
- One full spoon of turmeric
- One tablespoon of clarified butter (Ghee)
- Black pepper
- Put one spoon of clarified butter (ghee) in a pan and heat it till it melts
- After the butter melts, add one spoon of turmeric
- Let the turmeric and the butter thoroughly mix and then sauté until they become stable
- Add some black pepper. It will add flavor to the past.
- Let it cool down
- Eat it with a glass of turmeric milk
- You can also have it with a glass of water
The paste is very useful for the people who go through lots of pains and aches. It also helps the body by boosting immunity.
3. Special Turmeric Tea
It is a unique recipe which can help you to add more turmeric to your diet.
To make the special turmeric tea, you will need the following:
- Half tablespoon turmeric
- Two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- One and a half cup of warm water
- Mix the half tablespoon turmeric powder with two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Dilute the mixture with warm water.
- Sweeten the mixture with Use as much honey as desired. Just make sure that you don’t kill the taste of turmeric.
- Boil the mixture and then pour it in your mug and drink it sip by sip
This mixture can significantly help anyone suffering from pains and aches. It is not only beneficial, but it is delicious too. You can serve it to any person, during any time of the day.
4. Turmeric paste for application
Curcumin is the most important and the most beneficial component of turmeric that aids to reduce inflammation and pain readily. This method uses this property of turmeric to the fullest.
- One tablespoon turmeric
- Two tablespoon coconut oil
- Mix both the ingredients in a bowl to attain a smooth mixture
- Apply it over the area affected by pain or swelling
- Massage for 2-3 minutes and let it be
- Wash it after 3-4 hours
- You can repeat this process as desired
This method is especially beneficial for joint pain and pain experienced by arthritis patients in their knees or other joints. This mixture is an excellent combination as coconut oil assists in better penetration of turmeric into the region hence it acts very strongly to curb the pain.
The consumption of turmeric is considered to be very safe in general. However, some people might be allergic to turmeric. However, it is implausible but does consult a doctor if you are extremely sensitive towards spices in general. We all know that the excess of everything can be the greatest foe for anyone. The active of part of turmeric, curcumin, if taken in large doses, can cause a lot of problems. It can have more undesirable side effects than the positive results.
A person consuming a high dose of turmeric every day can suffer from the following-
Turmeric is an excellent food item to add in your regular diet. It helps you to prevent yourself from various diseases. On average, most of the turmeric benefits are positive. However, if you take it more than it is desirable, turmeric can cause a loss of problems. Taking turmeric with oils and fats can help you to bring results quicker as it helps the body to absorb curcumin better and deliver better results. Avoid purchasing a lot of turmeric in bulk. It has the best effects when it is fresh. Buy turmeric only for use in the near future.