Pinworms can occur to anyone; irrespective of age. Pinworms are tiny little worms found in the stomach. It usually multiplies when the female lays an egg around the anus. This causes irritation and itching, more so during the night.
There are various natural ways to treat using Allopathy, Homeopathy, and natural products but Coconut oil for Pinworms work best.
Coconut has several properties of its own. It has been known for its great medicinal properties, which is why it is often advised that we must use coconut oil for pinworms. There are different ways of using it to treat pinworms.
Did You Know!
How to Use Coconut Oil to Treat Pinworms?
1. Oral Consumption of Coconut Oil
Buy a bottle of organic coconut oil or a reputed brand of coconut oil. Take around 2-3 tsp of coconut oil and consume it. The best time to take it is in the morning on an empty stomach.
[Also Read: Coconut Oil: Benefits and Uses]
2. Application of oil around the Anus
Another way to use coconut oil for pinworms is the topical application of this oil. Coconut oil is famous for its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory character, which helps in giving relief from itching.
- Wash your anal area with warm water. Take 2 tsp of oil and apply it around your anus.
- Repeat this step twice daily. Don’t forget to wash hands with soap after each application.
3. Garlic + Coconut oil
- Take two whole garlic, peel it, and extract its juice. Mix it with coconut oil and shake well.
- Apply the mixture thrice daily to the anus.
- This is a very effective method as both the components are anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial.
[Also Read: Get Rid of Pinworms with Garlic]
4. Turmeric + Coconut Oil
Turmeric is an antiseptic ingredient. Take ½ tsp of turmeric and mix it with organic coconut oil to a smooth paste. Apply the oil mixed with turmeric to the anal region. Turmeric leaves stain on clothes, so dark colored undergarments is advised.
Repeat twice daily.
5. Coconut and Castor Oil for Pinworms
Coconut oil is advised to consume orally to treat pinworms. Castor oil whereas works as a laxative. While coconut oil prevents itching and treating pinworms, castor oil works as a laxative helps eliminate the worms in stools.
While drinking coconut oil, add ½ tsp of castor oil to it and mix well in a small, clean bowl. Consume it once daily, preferably in the morning.
Repeat daily for a week.
How do Coconut Oil Treat Pinworms?
Pinworms are common in babies and children. They are usually caused by inhalation or through touching of the eggs. It can be transferred through food, hand, drinks, or utensils. Once the eggs enter your body, it turns into worms in a week. They move in the body and continue to lay more eggs that end up in an itchy anus. This cycle continues until it is treated.
A popular home remedy for ages has been to utilize coconut oil for pinworms. Its anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties help in curing symptoms and irritation or itching around the anus.
Precautions While Using Coconut Oil
- A basic rule before it is consumed is to check that you are not allergic to coconut oil.
- Coconut oil must always be consumed in room temperature.
- While mixing with other carrier oil or products ensure that you’ve run a test for yourself to check you’re not allergic to it.
- Always get a pediatrician’s approval before you try it out for babies.
- Do not try this for babies under six months old.
- If it doesn’t reduce the symptoms of pinworms, you must see a medical practitioner.
Anyone who is suffering from pinworms must see a medical practitioner first. You can continue to try these home remedies along with it. There are medicines to treat pinworms, but one must also avoid and emit all forms of communicating this disease. It is contagious, which is why most doctors recommend everyone to use the natural remedies for pinworms.
1. How effective is coconut oil to treat pinworms?
It is very effective. It’s a natural form of treating a disease that otherwise needs medicine. Coconut oil is very beneficial and useful in treating pinworms. If taken regularly, you can get rid of it.
2. Does coconut oil for pinworms have any side effects?
No. Coconut oil is famous for its anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. It’s advisable to take in small portions to rule out any allergies.