Today, life has become harsh due to excessive competition in the market. In such conditions, only some succeed. From among those who could not make it to the top, only some are strong enough to handle themselves and take the next attempt for success; the others end up going into the depression. Today, at least 6 out of 10 people experience minor or major depression.
Depression is not just sad; it is reaching the extremities of sadness. Depression is a medical condition and can be detected medically. The conditions of patients affected with depression can give you goosebumps. It must never be taken casually. It must be cured as soon as possible else it may lead to unexpected results. Using CBD oils for depression management will help you get rid of the extreme depression trauma.
Causes of Depression:
The precise cause of depression(1) is found to be the changes in the brain chemicals that affect mood. But it does not happen by itself. External factors are responsible for these changes. Some of the factors that increase the risk of depression are:
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Stressful events like financial troubles, job loss or death of loved ones
- Suffering from chronic medical conditions like cancer and heart disease
- Inheritance or family history of depression
Symptoms of depression
Even though depression is common, it comes with its own set of symptoms and signals. These symptoms, if alertly marked, help in dealing with depression in time. It would help you start curing it in time and prevent it from being severe. Depression begins with spreading of negativity in your mind, thoughts and surrounding environment.
Some of the symptoms are:
- Changes in appetite
- Weight gain or loss
- Fatigue and lack of energy
- Feeling of restlessness and irritation
- Feeling hopeless, discouraged, guilty, worthless etc.
- Facing issues in concentrating on work
- Trouble making decisions
- Facing problems in doing daily chores.
- Extreme anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
Some of these symptoms also happen commonly. These become symptoms of depression only when they are extreme, and you experience more than one of them at the same time.
Effects of depression
Even though depression results from changes in brain chemicals, its effects are not limited to the brain. It affects the whole body in various ways. Some of the effects of depression are:
- Severe headache
- Memory loss
- Decreased ability to experience emotions
- Sexual dysfunction
Why Use CBD Oil for Depression
The CBD oil comes from the marijuana or cannabis plant scientifically known as Cannabis sativa. The fact that it originates from cannabis makes people reluctant to use it. If that is what is bothering you too, do not worry because CBD oil is not psychoactive and will not cause the sensation of being high, an effect similar to that after alcohol consumption. Now that people have known that CBD oil is not psychoactive, they have started trusting and have started using CBD oil. Besides depression care, CBD oil has other health benefits too. They are:
- It acts as an excellent pain reliever: CBD oil contains ECS that affects sleep, appetite, pain and immune system responses. It helps CBD oil relieve pain due to all kinds of diseases.
- It helps to reduce anxiety
- It prevents cancer
- It contributes to curing acne
- CBD enhances the neuroprotective capabilities
- CBD has various hidden heart benefits
- It helps in preventing addiction
CBD oil – a cure for depression
Today, CBD oil is known as the most reliable oil for treating depression. It is known to reduce the effects of depression and lift the mood of the affected person. It is usable in various forms, each of which is efficient enough to cure depression and its symptoms. Some of the recommended forms of using CBD oil(2) for depression control are:
- Vape: It is suitable for fast action on depression.
- Oral tincture: It provides a long-lasting action on depression and its symptoms.
At times, the prescribed depression drugs can be addictive. Fortunately, this is not the case with CBD oil. It makes it even more reliable for curing depression. Moreover, there has been extensive research on the activity of CBD oil on the body. CBD has successfully passed all tests and is proved to be the appropriate solution for depression. It not only treats depression but also eliminates all its symptoms like insomnia and anxiety.
CBD possesses the exceptional ability to act on serotonin receptors in the brain. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that contributes to maintaining our mood. It is also responsible for regulating controlled behaviour of our body. Besides, CBD is generally harmless and is usable without any serious issues.
How to use CBD oil for depression?
CBD oils are usable in two ways to supplement the treatment of depression and anxiety. They are:
- Consume the purest form of CBD oil without any THC
- Consume CBD oil which has both CBD and THC and enjoys the beneficial effects of both the chemical compounds.
Using CBD with added THC is not recommended for severe depression patients as it would hurt their brains which can increase the troubles.
The most important thing about consuming CBD oils is its dosage. The following two factors decide the proper dosage of CBD oils:
- Level of depression
- Body type
That’s it. Just go to the medical store and get the CBD oil suitable and prescribed for you. Consult the health care expert for knowing the right dosage for you. Follow the dosage and get rid of your depression.
[Read More: 10 Active Essential Oils for Depression]
Dos and Don’ts
Since CBD oils are prepared naturally, it is generally assumed that they can be consumed without any prescription and prevention. This is not the truth. Consulting a health care expert is necessary before CBD oil is consumed. Since the CBD oil has to be consumed, it is indispensable that it suits your body. Consult a health care expert to know your body type and determine if it would suit your body. Today, many brands are selling CBD oil, claiming them to be the most effective. So make sure you choose the oil which is truly useful and suits your body type.
Like every other oil of natural origin, CBD oils also comes with its own set of precautions. These precautions must be followed for a smooth treatment of depression.
- Determine if you are allergic to the CBD oil for depression. Consult a health care expert for further information on this.
- Consume only the prescribed amount of CBD oil for tackling depression. Consuming excess amount of oil can be harmful both for your body and mental condition. It may also increase troubles.
- If you are under any kind of medication other than those of antidepressants, make sure you inform that to your health care professional because your dosage would depend on that too.
- Teenagers must take special care while consuming CBD oil. Since they are entirely immune to all situations and medications, they must consult a health care expert for their every step towards fighting depression.
- If depression is due to some medical condition, consulting a health care expert before consuming CBD oil is a must.
Besides the essential oils, there are also other home remedies which can help you get rid of a hangover. Some of them are as follows:
- Cardamom: Cardamom(3) is an aromatic spice which is readily available in the market. It helps cure depression through detoxification of the body. It rejuvenates the brain cells and thus improves your mood. This way it helps you get rid of depression.
- Nutmeg: Nutmeg works like a brain tonic. It stimulates your brain and reduces fatigue and stress in your body. It also improves your mood. Nutmeg is known to soothe stomach aches, treat diarrhoea and lower blood pressure besides curing depression. It is like a full package of benefits for your body.
- Saffron: Saffron is a spice with hidden talents. This spice has excellent medicinal benefits besides adding flavour and aroma to your food. Saffron has high carotenoids and vitamin B contents. This chemicals help cure depression by increasing serotonin levels in the brain. It also accelerates the secretion of other mood beneficial chemicals in the brain.
Depression is one of the silent killers that slowly damages your body from within. Medical science does not offer any definite cure for depression, and the treatment revolves around antidepressants which can lead to several other conditions. Using CBD Oil for depression is an entirely natural remedy which is devoid of any side effects. Its magical properties help you get over depression very quickly. Just seek proper guidance from experts while using the CBD oil for depression and say goodbye to this menacing condition in no time.