The vibrantly colored carrot juice is delicious, soothing and vested with a rich array of health and beauty benefits. Begin your day with a glass of seasoned carrot juice and get visible results in health and fitness in just a month or so. Read on to find out more about how carrot juice benefits health and beauty.
What is Carrot Juice?
The juice extracted from a carrot is called carrot juice. It has a sweet flavor and is opaque, like other juices. People have been consuming this juice since ages as it helps in nourishing your skin and health. In America, it was used to enhance the color of the cheese.
Carrot Juice Nutrition Profile
Carrot juice calories: 94 calories in a cup of carrot juice
Carbs in carrot juice: 9g of carbs in 100g of carrot juice
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin C
Top 6 Proven and Nutritious Carrot Juice Benefits and Uses for Health and Beauty
1. How homemade carrot juice benefits to skin health and beauty?
Drinking homemade carrot juice or the topical application of carrot juice benefits the health and beauty of skin incredibly. The high level of vitamin C in carrot juice enables the quick recovery of skin injuries and irritation. The carotene contained in carrot juice aids in the prevention and cure of skin inflammation.
The topical application of a mixture of carrot juice and yogurt on the skin helps in the effective natural treatment of skin diseases such as premature aging and wrinkling of skin, eczema, psoriasis, rashes, allergies, and dry blisters. Carrot juice for skin helps in the enhancement of the health and nourishment of the skin.
2. How organic carrot juice benefits for healthy hair and beauty?
Carrot juice benefits the hair in several different ways. Topical application of a mixture of organic carrot juice and coconut oil on the hair and scalp can prevent and cure many scalp and hair diseases such as scalp psoriasis, scalp eczema, hair fall, dandruff, lice, and scalp sores.
The carrot juice for hair mask helps to hydrate and nourish the scalp. It strengthens the hair follicles, makes the roots more firm, checks the shedding of hair, and aids in the growth of long and healthy hair.
3. How organic carrot juice benefits in weight loss?
Drinking organic carrot juice benefits the loss of excess body weight. The low calorific value of carrot juice makes it highly beneficial for suppressing the hunger cravings with negligible intake of calories. It can curb the appetite and accelerate the rate of metabolism by inducing the secretion of digestive juices which enable the food to get digested quicker.
The rich fibrous content of organic carrot juice is highly essential for the regulation of healthy bowel movement. So ditch the unhealthy sodas and beverages and try a glass of seasoned and spicy carrot juice for weight loss regimen and shed the flab in no time.
4. How black carrot juice benefits help to get a powerful vision?
Eating carrots or drinking carrot juice benefits the eyes in the most potent ways. Black carrot juice is especially useful for the eyes. Black carrot juice is rich in carotenoids which are potent antioxidants. It also possesses vitamin A that is incredibly essential for the health and strength of the eyes.
Drinking black or regular carrot juice twice a day on a daily basis can help in the prevention and cure of macular degeneration, glaucoma, keratoconus, cataracts, and impairment of vision. The high level of vitamin A and B contained in the carrot juice preserves the health of the eyes and improves the strength of vision.
5. How Jamaican carrot juice benefits in boosting body immunity?
Jamaican carrot juice benefits the immune system by fortifying it against a wide range of diseases. It can also quicken the cure of minor disorders that affect the body due to a weakened immune system.
If you have caught a cold, then try a bowl of piping hot Jamaican carrot juice stew and warm a spicy Jamaican carrot juice to inhibit the microbial action and enhance the immune system to fight against the disorder.
The carotenoids contained in carrots are powerful antioxidants that can combat against toxic free radicals and protect the body against oxidative stress and damage thereby strengthening the immune system substantially.
6. How homemade carrot juice helps to cure cardiac health?
Drinking fresh and homemade carrot juice benefits cardiovascular health. The high level of potassium contained in carrot juice helps in the vasodilation of arteries which ensures the healthy circulation of blood.
Carrot juice can also reduce the level of bad cholesterol, keep blood pressure in check, and prevent a host of different cardiac issues such as coronary heart failure, cardiac attacks, atherosclerosis, and more.
How to make carrot juice?
There are three simple methods of preparing carrot juice.
1. Use an electric juicer to make carrot juice
This method is the simplest way of extracting carrot juice.
- Rinse 4-5 carrots and peel them neatly
- Cut the carrots into cubes and put them in the electric juicer
- Let the processor run until you obtain the juice
- Season the carrot juice with salt and pepper and serve
2. Use an electric blender to make carrot juice
It is recommended to use a blender to mash the pulp thoroughly into juice.
- Add about 2 pounds of chopped carrot into a blender
- Add a little water if the carrots seem a bit too dry
- Pour the carrot juice obtained into a jug and add a few cups of water
- Let it settle for about half an hour
- Strain it out and season it with salt and pepper
- Garnish with carrot wedges and ice cubes and serve chilled
3. Use a manual juicer to make carrot juice
This method is difficult, and the amount of juice obtained in the end is not much either.
- Rinse a few carrots and chop it into small cubes
- Soak the cubes of carrots in a bowl of lukewarm water for overnight
- Pound the soaked and softened carrots in the next morning to extract the juice
- Season it with salt and pepper and serve cold
Carrot Juice Recipe
Carrot Juice Smoothie
- 400ml of freshly obtained carrot juice
- 300g of fresh carrots
- One cup of orange juice
- 300ml of buttermilk
- 10g of ginger
- One teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- One teaspoon of shredded mint leaves
- Rinse and peel the ginger and then roughly chop into pieces.
- Slice the carrots into tiny cubes
- Combine the carrot juice, orange juice, carrot cubes, ginger, and buttermilk in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and blend well until the mixture attains a smooth consistency.
- Season the smoothie with the chopped mint leaves and serve cold.
Carrot juice stew
- Four tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Three shallots finely minced
- Four cups of carrot juice
- 300 grams of carrots chopped into small cubes
- One teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- One teaspoon of lemon juice
- One teaspoon of shredded parsley
- Add the butter to a saucepan and let it simmer over a low flame until it melts
- Add the minced shallots to the melted butter and sauté it lightly
- Pour the carrot juice and add the carrot cubes to the saucepan
- Add a pinch each of salt, powdered pepper, and lemon juice to the saucepan and keep cooking until the carrots become tender
- Pour the contents of the saucepan into the blender and blend it to obtain a smooth puree
- Season the puree with salt, pepper, and lemon juice
- Stir in a tablespoon of butter with the puree and add some more carrot juice to puree to adjust its consistency
- Garnish the stew with chopped parsley and serve hot
Side Effects of Carrot Juice
- The excessive consumption of carrot juice in infants can cause decaying of teeth and change in the skin color
- Carrot juice can cause allergic reactions to the skin of those who are already allergic to spices, celery, mugwort, and other such plants
- Carrot juice can also affect your blood sugar level. If consumed in large amount then it may lower your blood sugar level
- When taken in a large amount, it may cause skin discoloration. It may change your skin color from yellow to orange
Drinking carrot juice benefits health and beauty in remarkable ways. You can eat raw carrots as well besides drinking its juice to maximize the potency of the health benefits of carrots. It takes about 5-6 average-sized carrots to produce a glass of fresh carrot juice. Drink a glass of carrot juice every day between meals to stay healthy, curb hunger cravings, empower your eyes, and shed the extra weight. A glass of carrot juice a day will keep the doctor away.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the taste of carrot juice?
Pure carrot juice has a dull earthy flavor, but when seasoned with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and herbs, carrot juice tastes perfectly delicious.
2. Can drinking carrot juice give your skin an orange-ish tint?
Carrot juice is incredibly high in carotene that gives the vegetable its orange color. Drinking carrot juice can make the skin appear slightly orange-ish due to the ingestion of these carotenoids.
3. Can excessive consumption of carrot juice cause any health complications?
Drinking excessive carrot juice can increase the frequency of urination and bowel movement and trigger minor digestive disorders. Limit the consumption of carrot juice to 2 glasses in a day to stay fit and healthy.